News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin 1500pt List  (Read 3619 times)

Offline TheExarch

• My Band - Sore
Harlequin 1500pt List
« on: January 17, 2002, 12:53:30 PM »
Acctually, I got to 1446, and didnt know what to do with my allotment left o points cause I was happy with what I was at. Well, here it is:

-1 Great Harlequin w/ haywiregren,tanglefootgren,dominofield,dreadmask,powerweapon,riveblades
-5 Troupesw/2 plasma pistols, 2 power weapons +leaderw/neuro distruptor, power weapon, (tanglefootgrens on everyone) dominofield, dreadmask, haywiregren.
--IN VENOMw/shuirken cannon, halo-field
-1 Shadowseer w/ power weapon, shuriken pistol, haywiregren, tanglefoot gren, bio-explosive ammo, phase field(may take it off acctually) powerblades, domino field, dread mask
-5 Troupes w/ 2 plasma pistols, 2 power weapons +Leader w/ neuro disruptor, power weapon, (tanglefootgrens on all) haywiregren, powerblades, dominofield, dreadmask.
--IN VENOM w/ shuriken cannon, halo-field
--1 Solitaire w/ kiss, powerweapon, plasma gren, haywiregren, tanglefootgren, phase field, powerblades, domino field, dreadmask.
--1 Wraitlord w/ D-Cannon, 2 flamers

Thats 1446 when I was done, can be less if i take off the Shadowseer Phase Field, and i think i might cause hes in a vehical rite now, soon to be on a bike. But i still have 50+ points, but im stumpped...Only enough for 1 jester, which can be alrite, but its still working. I might drop the solitaire if he does bad when i test this list, and grab 3 jesters. But until i get feedback to, ill wait on this list.
So, what does anyone think?! ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1011506400 »
End Times...We havn't Ended yet.

Offline Prince of the laughing god

Re: Harlequin 1500pt List
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 09:16:43 AM »
be very careful with those venoms, keep them completely out of sight and get the  harlies out of them as soon as possible. Remember venom goes down that means half of your harlies are dead, and your characters could be down a wound.
Other then that I think you are spending too much on your characters, I would drop some of the equiptment to get some death jesters one with a bright lance would be good, position him behind the wraithlord so he cant be shot at, but too each his own, I can't help you too much because I have only played my harlies once in 3nd ed.
This confusion is my illusion

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 10:06:04 AM »
1.  Gt harlequin has rive blades and power weapon, lose to power weapon and the riveblades will still ignore the saves.
2.  the unit the Gt Harlequin is with don't need grenades it theGt Harlequin has them
3.same as above (about nades) except with the shadowseer and his unit
4. Solitaire can loose the power weapon, cause he has powerblades.

in total, you'll save oodles of points (too lazy to add right now) ;)
"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"

Offline TheExarch

• My Band - Sore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 02:13:55 PM »
Just having 1 Grenade though, isnt going to effect a whole squad if you charge them. Same thing with say, if a striking scorpion exach has just 1 plasma gren and the whole squad charged a squad in the trees, you honestly think that 1 gren would allow his whole squad to fight simo? I dont, but this may need clearing up cause that'd save alot o points.
Yeah, i agree with those power blade /sword swaps. I did that, i have 3 jesters now! whoo hoo
End Times...We havn't Ended yet.

Offline Dead_Jester

• What's strategy?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2002, 03:03:38 PM »
Your'e right, it doesnt seem to make sense, but on my first list on the old board, Mighty Brain said I couldve given the leader of the squad nades instead of the whole unit.  Fluff wise, maybe he passes them around(lol) or chucks a couple at once, or is so fast  and does one at a time. these are grenades, so a couple (even one) could screw up a unit if they hit( and its assumed they do).

but  i could be wrong
"Mom, where do harlequins go when they die?"