News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Da Vinci Code  (Read 998 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Make a noise in the East and strike from the West.
Re: The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #20 on: January 5, 2004, 03:08:02 PM »
There are several good arguments out that Jesus more than likely was married. As the Jewish tradition at the time was to be married around 18 years of age. There is also a large span of time in which nothing is really known about Jesus.

Was he or not is debatable.

I agree that if that is John on Jesus' right (his right) he sure was womanly. The person sure looks more like a woman than a man, but then again Leonardo was inclined towards men they say.

Brown certainly was not the first to tie all of these ideas into a book. The difference is that he has done so under the guise of fiction and so kept alot of the heat off of him that others before him recieved for such controversial statements.

If he had just put all the theories down into a book and printed it, he wouldn't have gotten very far at all. The story itself is simple and was to me easy to see coming.

I had that polio victim pegged quickly and the apple was to obvious a clue for Newton.

However, I still enjoyed the book.

-Pendragon

I advocate nothing. The advice of others is like unto fine wine, while my own is more like water, but everyone needs water.