News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 348145 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1740 on: March 7, 2018, 06:29:47 AM »
@Magenb- Thanks Mage. It was a lot of fun to work on. For some reason this sculpt was far superior to the one with the spear so it was a really enjoyable process. The flame on the tabard is a nice bit of sculpting and helps balance out the model. Anyway thanks man I’m glad you like it!

@Irisado- Hey Irisado thanks so much. I’m really glad I figured out a workable approach to orange. For years it was a nightmare… until I discovered the magic that was Squig Orange. One of the most useful paints in my aresnal. Really appreciate the feedback…. and excited to share the terrain. Really gonna bring my board to the next level IMO. Anyway thanks as always Irisado.

@Looshkin- Thanks so much bud. I was real happy with how the molten look came out. I think doing those glowy orange blades on my DA and WE really helped me out. Yeah the marble head piece was inspired by another Avatar Ninja wanted me to replicate. I actually like it… I struggled to get a decent photo of it… It goes from a loose wash to eshin, to black but for some reason it just doesnt show in the pics. Anyway real glad you like it man… hope you like the terrain thats upcoming. It should be cool!

@Partninja- Thanks so much man. Really happy I was able to do some work for you. Getting to do a commission for a true veteran of the forum really means a lot. I hope he rocks for you on the tabletop as well. Thanks again Ninja I was really happy to do it for you.

@Dog of War- Thanks so much DoW. Super glad you like him. Yeah some color would be interesting on the marble… I think I did something similar on a Dark Angels Dark Shroud a year or so back and it looked cool. But Ninja wanted the white/grey to match his Craftworld so I didn’t want to stray from the photo he sent me. Also yes! I want to see him in a bat-rep too! Slay a Keeper of Secrets preferably. Anyway thanks DoW!

@Everybody- Well gang I’m hard at work on several terrain pieces that should go a loooooooong way to really bringing my “wilderness” board to life. My brother and I were more focused on getting a city board put together… but this campaign and a random one off “We need a hill” sparked a moderate sized upgrade across the board and small but important purchase. Anyway dont want to over hype it but I am pumped. Anyway gang I’ll be back soon. The first of the fancy pieces is almost done. Stay tuned!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1741 on: March 7, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »
G'day, Cavalier!
Haven't had access to the net for a few days, so regret not replying to your last couple of posts. The rogue's gallery is an imposing photo. The red and black armies tie in well together, and Patninja's Avatar? Micky blessed Mouse!!

The perfect touch to an iconic model. The flaming hair is my favorite. It's like you've been training for that with all your own claws and swords. Amazing work as always, mate. Keen to see that terrain... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1742 on: March 9, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks so much bud. Glad you like it. It was a blast to work on... wait till you see the crazy stuff I've got inbound for commissions. You are gonna love it! Thanks as always Dann.

@Everybody- Hey guys! So I’ve been working on a million things at once as I wait for painting instructions on my latest Yncarne model. But its been all campaign related so check it out!

First up is the main objective for the Act 1 of our campaign. I absolutley love this thing! The Eldritch Ruins set is so under rated! I dont know why more people haven’t been adding to their terrain collection. It was only 40 bucks and its freaking massive! The Saim-Hann one is my favorite and I cant wait to get it finished.

My brother would probably due a better job of setting up the scatter terrain around it but you get the idea!

\

Here is a hill I made the other day… and its the first hill in our entire terrain collection if you can believe it! We are using it as area terrain and its been a great asset for whoever can get it. We’ve got another one on the way that looks even cooler too.

Finally I painted this up for my brother. His army just got a whole lot nastier! This model is so freaking legendary… I’m so glad its in his collection. It should really add a lot to his game too. It’ll keep my backfield honest thats for sure.

Also have a minor announcement about another project coming soon… so stay tuned for that. Anyway guys thats it for now. Got a Wave Serpent waiting to be primed, the Saim-Hann ruin and another hill on the way. Plus some crazy commission projects that you wont want to miss. Stay tuned and talk soon!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1743 on: March 9, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »
The terrain is outstanding.  You're absolutely right about that Eldar terrain.  It's both impressive and very well designed.  The paint job that you've done on that is amazing to boot.  I really appreciate the amount of detail that you've managed to bring out both for that terrain piece and the hill, which also is a very well put together terrain feature.  Fantastic work :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1744 on: March 9, 2018, 07:34:21 PM »
Niiiiice!
Your paint job on the Eldar terrain is Micky Mouse, mate. I didn't even know this stuff existed. Really like the vine creeping around everything. The highlighting of this piece brings it home. good work.

How did you do the hill? Tutorial, please! Very nicely sculpted and again the paint job is your usual standard. Your bro must love his new assassin, Cavalier. You've done the piece justice bringing out every detail. You just had to throw in some red though, didn't you... Be well!   

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1745 on: March 11, 2018, 06:34:05 AM »
I love that Eversor Cav! Really cool paint scheme; you've balanced the colours really well. The red really brings out the models pose, while the cool blue is a brilliant counterpoint that brings the focus up to the face. This is a brilliant model...and it makes me quite jealous, seeing as I have lost all of the assassins somewhere, somewhen! Seriously, they're in a small GW figure case with the Ellyrian Reavers from the IoB case, should anyone stumble upon them in a supermarket car park!!

The terrain is great too. I'm ephatically not a fan of the Elder sculpt, as I don't think it shows any of the elegance that I would expect of the Elder race...that said, I think you've done a wonderful job with it. The vines look terrific, I love the purples of the foliage and the mushrooms...the mushrooms! The mushrooms are so cool!

I love that you spend so much attention to your scenery. It adds so much to the story telling aspect of the hobby.

Great work as ever Cav!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1746 on: March 11, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. Really glad you like it. Glad you like the hill too. Not the most exciting terrain piece ever, but its crazy how much it adds in game and sort of makes the stuff around it look better, even if the hill itself doesnt stand out to much. Really happy to have some definitively Eldar pieces of terrain on the board too. Really gives a lot of character to the wilderness board and I look forward to using it in non-campaign games. Thanks Irisado really glad you like it!

@Saim-Dann- Thanks so much brother. Man that highlighting took FOREVER so I'm real glad you like it. As for the hill its super easy.

I get a hot-wire cutter and cut the basic shape of the hill out from pink insulation foam boards.

Chipped it up and weathered it with a small screwdriver. I use three basic techniques with the screwdriver to achieve that. Dragging the flat end of the screwdriver down the side of the hill which just sort of shreds the surface. Just gouging it and ripping little chunks out and finally just laying the flat end against the foam and applying a sort of "blunt" pressure just to crack and break the surface of the foam.

I take a mix of real rocks and weathered chunks of foam and glue just a few of them to the top of the hill to have fixed points to put more scatter terrain. In games my brother and I use lichen and scatter rocks to make a little barrier at the top of the hill.

Then I paint it with house paint. Spray paint it black. Dry brush grey over it. Dry brush a grey highlight. Then I do a little bit of brown, then highlight that. Add green flock and call it a day. Hope that helps!

As for the Assassin thanks bud. I cracked up when you mentioned the red... but its actually the official color scheme! I swear! I tried to change my brothers mind a bit on some of the colors but he wouldn't listen. lol... Anyway thanks Dann and let me know if you have any questions on the hill!

@Looshkin- Thanks so much man. Really appreciate the kind words. Really glad you like the paint job on the terrain... especially the mushrooms!!! I was afraid it'd look to cheesy but I had to do it! I love stuff like that and I feel like in the end it added a lot. I'm actually looking forward to taking some photos of my brothers old school Ratlings under there. One of them has a backpack and inside it are apples... there is doubtless some LoTR jokes to be made there.

Also thanks so much on the Eversor. I had my brother help me out with some assembly for some commission projects and I painted that up for him in exchange. Also DEFINITLEY dig out those Assassins... they are such legendary sculpts. My bro has the original Vindicare and they look legendary together.

I hope you find your models... did you lose them at the supermarket???

Anyway bud thanks a lot. Really glad you dig these projects. Thanks!

@Everybody- Well guys I'm playing in my next campaign game today so expect a bat-rep soon! Also we've got a surprise guest coming to the podcast... someone you all know very well! So stay tuned for that... Got a final bit of Eldar stuff ready to go to then back to assembling the last of the World Eaters stuff. Alright guys, until next time... stay tuned!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1747 on: March 11, 2018, 11:55:42 AM »
I hope you find your models... did you lose them at the supermarket???

I've got a funny feeling I took them with me to paint in the Falkland Islands. Which means I'm 8000 miles away from being able to have a nose about for them!  :(

Looking forward to another Cav BatRep. Also the podcast...pods are my new go-to when I'm in the gym...although I'd be stacked like 1980s Arnie if I stayed in the gym long enough to listen to a whole Splintermind!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1748 on: March 11, 2018, 01:05:39 PM »
@Looshkin- lol... thats terrible! Oh man brutal. Well I hope you get them back someday. Can't tell you how many times I thought something was lost forever and then I find  a bunch of models sitting in Simple Green out in my garage.

Also thats funny about the podcasts and the gym. I gotta just be listening to the most hardcore stuff I can find when I'm in there. But hey man anything to keep the mind going is gold. Also yeah I know the freaking podcast has been monstrously long lately! I dont know why... we used to want them to be like 1 hour max... and they like 3 1/2! If you or anyone else think they are getting too long let us know. The single topic episodes will always just go as long as necessary but the more mixed topic ones we can't definitely hone down. Let me know what you think!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1749 on: March 11, 2018, 04:42:51 PM »
G'day, Cavalier!
I personally like the long Podcasts. I don't have to stop painting to find another inspiration.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1750 on: March 11, 2018, 05:23:29 PM »
The Eldar Ruins looks great and the extra bits around it make it sync with the rest of the board really well. Now go kick those imperial off our maiden world ;)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1751 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Thanks man. I'm the same way. Everytime I sit down to paint and Scorpion82 has uploaded an Army Development video or Codex release and I see that 2hour time code I couldn't be happier! The next one will probably be pretty long and we'll have a special guest so stay tuned!

@Magenb-
Thanks buddy. I really appreciate it. Read on and find out where I stand! Thanks as always Mage! :D

Cyclops Cluster Campaign: Mission 3
Outflanking Maneuvers!

Alrighty guys back again with another Cyclops Cluster Campaign report!

To recap, in the first mission, the Eldar force was brutally defeated as they tried to prevent an Imperial Guard force making planetfall as both factions vied to obtain an Eldar relic in an unexplored sector of wilderness. 

In the second battle, the Eldar viciously destroyed an Imperial Guard column trying to push forward into that same sector of wilderness.

In this third battle, a splinter of that initial Imperial landing party was sent ahead of the column destroyed by the Eldar, completed a flanking maneuver successfully ambushing the recently triumphant Eldar only hours after their victory.

ELDAR 1500pts

Alaitoc Battalion

Farseer- Shiftshroud of Alansair, Singing Spear, Guide + Doom
Spiritseer- Conceal + Protect

Rangers x5
Rangers x5
Rangers x5

Dark Reapers x10

Crimson Hunter Exarch
Crimson Hunter Exarch

Saim-Hann Outrider Detachment

Autarch- Jetbike, Laser Lance, Melta Gun

Wind Riders x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Wind Riders x3- Scatter Lasers x3

Shining Spears x5- Exarch- Starlance

Imperial Guard 1500pts

Cadian Vanguard Detachment

Company Commander- Relic of Old Cadia
Company Command Squad- Plasma x3
Veterans x10- Plasma x3
Veterans x10- Plasma x3
Leman Russ Executioner
Basilisk
Hydra

Cadian Vanguard Detachment

Company Commander- Outflank Relic
Veterans x10- Plasma x3
Leman Russ Vanquisher
Basilisk
Vendetta Gunship- 6x Lascannons

Eversor Assassin!

Mission and Deployment: So beyond the narrative, we were trying to rectify the huge advantage given to the Eldar in game 2, when the Imperial Guard should have had the advantage for their Game 1 victory. To that end we played Hammer and Anvil, giving the not only a huge benefit to their long range artillery, but also a huge terrain advantage. They were also given 1st Turn.

[

Turn 1

Imperial Guard: Imperial Forces rolled out aggressivley. 2 Leman Russ plowed forward down the center of the board with a unit of Veterans screening them, to put pressure on any units webwaying in. After movement, the IG struck hard and fast obliterating all but 1 Wind Rider. The outflanking Eversor and the accompanying unit of Infantry combined fire with the artillery to inflicting heavy casualties on the Shining Spears as well. Reducing them to only 2 Spears. The Rangers took a number of hits as well, with one squad being reduced to only 2 Rangers. Careful removal of models placed the Eversor and outflanking Infantry squad well outside of charge range, giving me some crucial manpower to respond to the threat in my backfield and solidify my board control in my own deployment zone. Yet the loss of the Jetbikes would be very important meaning my Swooping Hawks who I wanted to hunt the Imperial Command units would be forced into clearing multiple units of Veterans, the Assassin and the Infantry Squad.

Eldar: The Eldar were already feeling a lot of pressure out of the gate. Yet I knew I had to respond aggressivley. I brought down the Swooping Hawks in my backfield to work with the remaining Shining Spears and Autarch to remove the Assassin and Infantry squad. They combined fire to remove all but 2 Infantry men and ignored the Company Commander alongside them. The Rangers all fired into the Assassin but only successfully wounded him once. In the assault phase the Autarch did very well, bringing him down to only a single wound, with the Eversor only inflicting 2 wounds on my second in command. Meanwhile, the Farseer + Spiritseer and Dark Reapers arrived via webway and struggled terribly. The Farseer even with his Runes of the Seer failed to cast Guide + Doom, while the Dark Reapers inflicted zero wounds on the nearest Leman Russ Executioner. Disaster! However the Spiritseer did cast Protect + Conceal meaning the Reapers would get a chance for redemption in later turns. Meanwhile the last Jetbike killed a few Veterans before charging a Leman Russ and getting killed on overwatch. The Crimson Hunters dove in and did a decent amount of damage, inflicting 4 wounds on the Manticore and 4 Wounds on the Leman Russ Executioner. If only the Reapers had held up there end of the bargain. This was a VERY bad turn. A massive amount of command points went into Webway Striking the Reapers and the Spirit Seer, plus command point re-rolls in attempt to get off Doom. Also not killing the Eversor who had one wound left was a dangerous proposition for the Autarch. If he got hot killed the Autarch and the remaining Shining Spears I could be in big trouble as the Dark Reapers could be his next target.

Turn 2

Imperial Guard- The Imperial Guard continued to press forward, attempting to get within 12” of the battle group of Rangers, Dark Reapers and Eldar seers. The Executioner and its screen of Veterans pushed forward, while the Vindicator alongside it held ground. The Manticore and one of the Basilisk poured firepower into the Dark Reapers but to little effect. Meanwhile the Vendetta + Hydra attempted to deal with the pair of Crimson Hunters, cutting away 4 wounds off one of them, while 6 Plasma Guns managed to take wounds off the other. Not good!  The final Basilisk tried to deal with the Swooping Hawks but poor dice a -1 to hit due to Alaitoc rules saw the Basilisk largely whiff killing only one the Hawks. In combat the Eversor rolled red-hot and I failed all but one of my saves and the Autarch was slain! However the Shining Spears avenged their Autarch killing the Eversor and the Company Commander in return, but it was still a costly blow in a Kill Points game. Especially considering how weakened the Shining Spears were after the exchange. I knew they wouldn’t survive the game and Shining Spears hanging out in your deployment zone in a Hammer and Anvil Game on Turn 2 is not a good place for them to be.

Eldar- I was furious with my lack of results in Turn 1 and the frustration continued in Turn 2! The Farseer failed on both Guide + Doom despite the re-rolls. The Reapers turned their attention to Executioner again with mediocre results and to my frustration I was forced to divert attention from both Crimson Hunters to finally bring it down. Thus far in the critical early goings the Reapers and Crimson Hunters are struggling to take down their targets. Whats more I made a go for broke move with one of the Crimson Hunters hoping to get a clear line of sight on the Hydra…. but when the Reapers and the first Hunter failed to eradicate the Executioner I had to commit it against the Executioner… leaving it vulnerable to a lot of firepower with only a -1 to protect it. I think I made a bad move there… I should have played more conservativley but if I could take out the Hydra and the Executioner in one turn it would have taken a TON of pressure off of me as the Crimson Hunters would rule the skies totally unthreatened. Luckily the Swooping Hawks which did perform well continued the trend and barraged the advancing unit of Veterans that had been screening the Executioner. Other than that not much happened. Another frustrating turn for the Eldar. Things were getting shakey… not performing well with your heavy hitters when they are at full strength is ultra dangerous ground in 8th edition

Turn 3

Imperial Guard- The IG hunkered down and just rocketed off everything they had at the Reapers. A massive amount of 6’s reigned down on the Reapers as the Basilisks, Manticore and Vendetta pummeled them. Yet amazingly the Protect spell worked wonders keeping 5 of them alive. The Spiritseer was truly carrying his weight this game getting off his powers where the more powerful Farseer failed. Meanwhile the Hydra, heavy bolters from the Basilisks and plasma fire form the Veterans managed to knock one of the Crimson Hunters down to its final bracket. I was truly regretting moving the Crimson Hunter so close to enemy lines. It was a gamble and I was on the losing side. While nothing was destroyed, losing 5 Reapers and downgrading the Crimson Hunter’s accuracy was very tough, especially with a Hydra, a full strength Vanquisher, 2 Basilisks and a Manticore still rocking steady. I had to make something happen this coming turn.

Eldar- I knew I had to be careful at this point and be protective of my fragile that were out of position and not throw away anything in a reckless gamble. So I Skyleapt the Swooping Hawks to make a better go of it next turn and get at Veterans bunkered down behind a mountain of LOS blocking terrain and hopefully get at the Commander. To that end I moved my Rangers into the only piece of area terrain within reach (there was none at all in my DZ), scooted another unit out of LOS completley and used the one squad reduced to two men into a screening position to help protect my Farseer and Spirit Seer who were clustered with the Reapers. With that done I made the fateful roles for Guide and Doom and FINALLY got the powers off. Of course I immediatley went on to land EVERY hit with no re-rolls needed on the remaining Reapers, pummeling the Vanquisher, while my full strength Crimson Hunter lended its firepower and destroyed the Leman Russ. The Crimson Hunter down a bracket then fired into the Hunter and did serious damage knocking it down a bracket, which was a BIG achievement as my Crimson Hunters were vitally important. While not a big win in the KP game, it removed the heaviest armor on the board and cleared everything but the Imperial DZ of threats to the Eldar. For the sake of board control and taking off a bit of pressure especially with the Hydra’s accuracy knocked down a bracket, it was a solid turn.

Turn 4

Imperial Guard- The IG were nowhere near throwing in the towel at this point. Even with their big bruisers the Leman Russ out of the game… Big Guns Never Tire. The Basilisks and Manticore combined fire and ripped the wounded Crimson Hunter out of the sky. With the Relic of Lost Cadia providing re-rolls of one, they over came challenging odds and destroyed one of the Eldar’s best weapons. It was a brutal blow to the Eldar and meant their mobility was almost completley gone. A shocking moment also happened when the Vendetta was able to position itself so that the closest model was the Spiritseer. It fired off everything into the Spiritseer but the saving throws were hot and he blocked 2 Lascannon hits! Unbelievable! Well a tough blow for the Eldar for sure… but if Spiritseer had gone down and the Reapers could no longer be Concealed or Protected it would’ve doomed the Eldar. Man what a game this was. This game was only getting more and more intense!

Eldar- The Eldar consolidated into the middle of the board to better protect the all important Seers especially guarding against Warlord. The Farseer managed to get off Guide once again but was out of range to Doom anything and instead elected to Smite the Vendetta but only inflicted a single Mortal Wound. I gambled on the Spirit Seer and Concealed the Reapers, but tried to Smite the Vendetta to knock it down a bracket (effectivley silencing its guns, or forcing it to go into Hover Mode where my Crimson Hunter could prey on it) but I only scratched it with another single mortal wound. The Reapers vented their fury on the Hydra finally destroying it, giving my Crimson Hunter some breathing room. Meanwhile the Crimson Hunter focused its fire on the Vendetta knocking a few wounds off it but still not knocking it down a bracket. The Swooping Hawks also returned to the field and levelled a ton of firepower into the Veterans killing 4 of them, with the survivors mainting morale. At this point we were tied on Kill Points and I felt very confident going forward. The Manticore was out of rockets, only 2 Basilisks remained and my heavy hitters were all still up and running. All I had to do was hold on, eliminate the Basilisks and I would be in the driver seat as the Veterans would be forced to enter my LOS against the firepower of the Reapers they stood no chance.

Turn 5

Imperial Guard- The IG focused fire on the Rangers who were not in cover and the Swooping Hawks but only managed to kill one weakened squad of Rangers while the Swooping Hawk Exarch held on for dear life. That was SUPER lucky for me… because even if I did kill both Basilisks next turn to tie the game, I would need to get past a big piece of LOS blocking terrain to get at the Veterans, Company Command Squad and Commander hiding there. Luckily I was only down a single KP and I had those basilisks lined up in my sights.

Eldar- So while I dodged a huge bullet with my Swooping Hawk Exarch surviving… I had a big dillemma… he was so close to the enemy he couldn’t escape the Guardsmen he had just attacked on my Turn 4. He was almost a guaranteed kill and I was down a point already. If the Game went on it could spell trouble. So I decided to Skyleap and get him out of there and just pray I could take out both Basilisks this turn and the game would end. So… The Farseer Guided the Reapers, Protect + Conceal went up on the Reapers just to be safe and we let rip with our remaining firepower. The Reapers were able to destroy one of the Basilisks, but the other managed to survive the attack from the Crimson Hunter. That wrapped up the Turn so I rolled to see if the game continue and it didn’t! Disaster! I threw away the tie by Skyleaping the Swooping Hawk Exarch! Oh what a way to lose the game! I clawed back after to disastrous Turns to open the game only to lose on account of Skyleap! I could Isha weeping for me somewhere in the Warp. With the Eldar replled the Imperial Forces were able to march on to seize the wraithconstruct relic. The Eldar would now have to pry it from there hands in the next game. What drama!

Conclusion- To say this was an intense game would be an understatement. This was an absolute DOG FIGHT. Probably one of the most intense but also rewarding games I’ve every played. This was two top-tier armies tearing each other apart in a tense tactical game full of gambles, tricks, positioning for board control, figuring out angles for the flyers, a super tense psychic phase and exciting battles between characters. My brother took almost a 1/2 hour just to figure out where he was going to launch an attack with his Eversor on Turn 1!

While it killed me to lose the game in such a fashion, this was a GREAT game of 40k. The brotherly rivalry, the narrative of the campaign, the debut of new units, overcoming a SUPER challenging mission for myself all made for a great experience and amped me up big time for big game to take control of the Relic itself next time out.

Anyway hope you guys enjoyed the bat-rep. Sorry there were not too many photos but we got so caught up in the game we just had to forgo them at a certain point. Stay tuned for the conclusion of Arc 1 of this Campaign and stay tuned for a special announcement regarding the podcast… there is a tie in with the forum that I’m sure you’ll all enjoy. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:00:29 PM by Cavalier »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1752 on: March 14, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
Is there a special campagin thing to let the spiritseer get multiple powers and cast twice or have I missed an FAQ?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1753 on: March 15, 2018, 06:54:11 AM »
lol I think I had a 7th edition flashback! Totally played that wrong. Thanks for the heads up Mage. Doh!

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #1754 on: March 15, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »
Awesome game Cav, thanks for posting it!

Loved this phrase:
not performing well with your heavy hitters when they are at full strength is ultra dangerous ground in 8th edition
Well said indeed, 100% true! :)

Magenb already pointed out the mistake with Spiritseer powers - I really hope things like that don't creep into the games when you're playtesting new stuff for GW! ;)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1755 on: March 16, 2018, 05:18:40 AM »
G'day, Cavalier!
This batrep was a hoot to read. The intensity and frustrations just oozed from the screen. Well written, mate. Your Spiritseer is a badass. Definitely the unit of your game. Thanks for a great read, Cav... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1756 on: March 16, 2018, 05:23:42 AM »
lol I think I had a 7th edition flashback! Totally played that wrong. Thanks for the heads up Mage. Doh!

I mean...I wasn’t going to say anything...

Players gonna play
Hater gonna hate
Cheaters gonna what now??!!! ;)

Another great batrep dude, you fought really well considering how badly those Reapers let you down...although maybe they wouldn’t have been around beyond turn 2 if not for the tricksy shadowseer!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1757 on: March 16, 2018, 06:57:23 AM »
@Seeking One- Lol no in those games the playtesting is far more straight forward, especially with the stuff I've been focusing on. Wish I could say more on that because I'm dying to incorporate that stuff into my 2k list. Anyway thanks bud especially about the heavy hitter comment. As a tourney player you definitely know from experience!

@Saim-Dann- Thanks buddy it was a great game. So much fun... my brother had the day off yesterday and we hobbied like mad. Still not sure what I'm gonna run in my 2k List... maybe I could get some advice from you guys?

@Looshkin- lol... you got me bud! lol The funny thing is I had to re-work my list (I had added more Shining Spears to my squad and then realized I didn't have the models!) and could have added a Warlock but went for an extra Scatter Bike and some wargear options. lol... Anyway glad you liked the bat-rep despite the goof. It was a good one... wish I had more pictures though!

@Everybody- Hey guys well I wanted to unveil another secret project... I've begun writing for Frontline Gaming!

I'm gonna be doing weekly articles going forward so if you are interested please give them a read. Tactics, narrative gaming, painting tutorials, terrain even commission advice... everything will be covered!

Link removed because of the stats and rules contained within.  It's not possible to link to material which contravenes forum rule 1 I'm afraid - Iris.

My first article concerns the power and versatility of the Crimson Hunter Exarch and how it competes with supplements and in places surpasses the almighty Dark Reaper. Also how it frees up assets like psychic powers and stratagems to make units around it better. Give it a read and drop a comment it'll go a long way. Anyway thanks guys hope you enjoy.... talk soon and stay tuned! More exciting stuff coming soon!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:24:26 PM by Irisado »

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #1758 on: March 16, 2018, 07:07:14 AM »
The cover picture is downright brilliant! :) Love how you masked the base against a terrain piece, the impression of natural flight is 99% natural.

On to reading... )
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1759 on: March 17, 2018, 08:31:19 AM »
Losing the game by not having models on the board has happened to me before many moons ago in a previous edition.  I was attempting a similar gamble and it also failed to pay off.  I thus understand exactly how you feel about losing in that way :D.  Still, the game was a lot of fun and I must admit that I thought that the Eldar were going to get hammered after the events of turns one and two.  It just goes to show that you should never give up and you certainly didn't.  Thanks for the report :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente