News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: dead rising; Update 23/5/12 Rotting Terminators  (Read 13076 times)

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: dead rising; Obliterators!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 12:34:19 AM »
Cheers mate, I was a little worried bout the blits as I had to use a different tool to sculpt 'em.
As for Edward Chainfist Hands its the Duel bladed chainfist from the terminator sprue but the right hand had the thumb cut off and the hand cut off at the wrist then flipped around the other way before I re-attatched the thumb and greenstuffed the boils on the cover the palm.

Please feel free to steal the idea, I would love to see this type of conversion with traditional weaponry such as lascannon barrels its just unfortunate that it doesnt fit the theme for this unit in my army.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:48:50 AM by Daboarder »

Offline neverXmore

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! I really do.
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 12:42:23 AM »
Cheers mate, I was a little worried bout the blits as I had to use a different tool to sculpt 'em.
As for Edward Chainfist Hands its the Duel bladed chainfist from the terminator sprue but the left hand had the thumb cut off and the hand cut off at the wrist then flipped around the other way before I re-attatched the thumb and greenstuffed the boils on the cover the palm.
I was actually thinking of Edward, and now I wish I'd included that in my comment, lol

The symetry of the hands really adds to the models I think. Also, the boils are absolutely disgusting =P

So sad but true.
I don't want to seem rude but if I wanted to take part in talking about why the eldar codex needs to be better I'd read pretty much any thread in the Eldar forum.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 01:25:14 AM »
yeah Iagree about the hands it adds more focus onto the guns and makes them unique to terminators, thats mostly why i didnt like the heavy weapons on the arms and I didnt have enough to do weapon hands.....though now I think of that I think I can do something really cool with my 4th one and invert the current scheme.

Offline neverXmore

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 01:49:04 AM »
If you make an Obliterator with a chainfist coming out of his chest, you're my hero.

So sad but true.
I don't want to seem rude but if I wanted to take part in talking about why the eldar codex needs to be better I'd read pretty much any thread in the Eldar forum.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:07 AM »
hmm chest or back your choice

Offline neverXmore

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2010, 08:01:16 AM »
Definately the chest :D

So sad but true.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: dead rising; Dreadnought update
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 07:24:53 PM »
Hey guys, another day anpther update. This time I'm showing you the current pictures of my dreadnought so you can see how he's doing.

First up we have the banner, I  love how this has come out so far especially how it looks like the blood drop/ puss sack is corrupting the rest of the banner, and I'm almost tempted to use it for soemthing else.

Heres the coffin, It'snot quite what I was after but I think its a fair compromize between imagination and acheivability.

Next up is the gun arm, its only about 25% complete to be honest, buy the time I'm done I want the head part to look like a deamon of nurgle and NOT a carnifex, I also intend to corrupt the powerpack at the end of the gun a fair bit more.

This one is a close up of the left leg for the dreadnought, originally it was going to be armour plated like the other leg but with puss sacks hanging on it. Unfortunately I lost the peice after it broke off while repositioning the dreadnought so here is what I came up with instead.

Finally a rear shot to show how the vents are attatched to the dread.

So guys please leave any C&C you feel like below.

Offline evileyevirtue

• Tastes like chicken...
Re: dead rising; Dreadnought update, 27/7/10
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 02:37:02 AM »
Wow... I must say these guys are looking pretty fantastic.  Your GS-fu is excellent.  I am, however, reluctant to accept BA's turning to chaos...

But so far it looks like you've got the awesome sauce flowing.
Friends don't let friends play Dark Eldar :)

Visit my BLOG!!!

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
That's really nice!  Clever use of tyranid bits.   ;D

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline Adasi

« Reply #49 on: August 3, 2010, 07:26:50 AM »
thought i'd weigh in on this here topic and say that, that is a mighty fine can of win that you've opened there sir!

Never seen conversions look so good! You should email GW pics of your obliterators and get a job sculpting for them!

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #50 on: August 5, 2010, 10:33:19 PM »
Hi guys a quick weekly update before the weekend.
This week I will be playing my first game with this army and though the miniatures aren’t finished and most of them don’t even have the detailing done to them yet, I decided that I really really wanted to start playing with them so that by the time I’m done I will have a firm grasp of how to use them to full effect.
So heres the final list for this weekend, I know the units aren’t optimal but I’m going for fluff over effectiveness.
HQ:
Mordread, Lord of The Scourging: Typhus
Total:225pts

Elites:
6xTerminators: 180pts
Icon of nurgle: 40pts
Champion: 10pts
Combi-flamer: 5pts
Heavy flamer: 5pts
Chain fist: 15pts
2xpowerfists: 20pts
Total: 265pts

Iscarion, the Traitor of malthax: Dreadnought: 90pts
Plasma cannon: 15pts
Heavy flamer: 5pts
Total: 110pts

Troops:
7x plague marines: 150pts
Champion: 15pts
Power fist: 25pts
2xplasma gun: 30pts
Total: 231pts

2xplasma gun: 30pts

2xFlamer: 30pts
Heavy support:
3x Obliterators:  225pts
Total:1498pts

No post would be complete without some picture updates so here’s how the dreadnought is coming.
I once read a quote from a famous sculpture whose name I no longer remember that said the strongest images are the ones that are recognizable in silhouette, and that’s the basic design philosophy that goes into all my models. With that in mind I’ve redesigned the gun arm for my dreadnought to this the final incarnation. Of particular note is the “organic” limb joint, I think it makes a nice contrast in the model having the mechanical limb attached organically and the organic arm attached mechanically.

Along with this redesign I needed to change the angle of the head so that the entire model was clearly directed in the same way.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: dead rising; Update 6/8/10
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
Hey Guys, it’s been a while. Anyway this weekend I had a little spare cash as I couldn’t g out due to an injured neck so I went down to the shops and picked up some stuff. One of these things was the new daemon prince as I will be increasing the size of my force to 1750 pts. I seriously considered forking out the cash and getting the metal nurgle one but in the end I decided I would be better off spending the cash on a daemon prince box and a spawn box and using my bits box to make 2 daemon prince’s and 2 spawn for gift of chaos. Anyway here’s the main prince at his current level of completion, still much more to do on this bad boy.

Of particular note is the chest eventually it will have this symbol on it.

Here’s the head, this is going to sound weird but I’m aiming to have a cyclopse, vampire, nurgle hybrid thingy hence the Eye and the choice of head piece.

Offline Semaj_14

• "I don't need Luck, I have Flamers!"
Re: dead rising; Update 23/8/10
« Reply #52 on: September 3, 2010, 02:05:04 AM »
Im diggin the senic bace but isint that another blood angle trooper?
"Through the Fires of battle Unto the Anvil of war!"

"When In doubt Just add More Melta!"

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #53 on: September 3, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »
hey semaj! been a while, yeah its a BA I decided I wanted to just do an army of fallen BA instead of just alternate heresy stuff, it's a little easier to explain this way though I do still give the DH credit for the inspiration.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »
Hi guys I haven't posted anything in a while I know but I wanted to share this with you.

a week before christmas I was asked if I would like to participate in the local conversion contest, I wanted to enter something new and for a while I had thought about expanding my BA nurgle marines with some apocalypse super heavies, with that in mind I dragged a baneblade out of the closet it had been resting in waiting for a stealer cult and decided that it would look better as a plague reaper instead.

this is the finished product after about half a week of modelling and a day of painting unfortunately I didn't get to finish the painting before the competion but I am pleased to announce that I still won. there will be more pictures coming of the painted vehicle and showing more of the details.

I now plan to add another plague reaper with similar design and a corrupted shadowsword to help kill titans and other super heavies.

points of note: Daboarder style nurglings are fun and easy to make and I expect to be adding more as a common factor to all vehicles in the army.

PS: look for updates to my morbid angels blog within the week as i now have time to finish up the basic infantry.

Edit: the plan is to have the entire army, 2 terminator squads, DP, Lord, Sorc, 4Xmarine squads and rhino's, 2xraptor squads, 3x3 blits and all the super heavies by the new aussie gt this year.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: dead rising; Update 19/1/11 Warshrines of nurgle, apocalypse
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
I come bearing the gifts of papa nurgle. So as it was requested I update this thread, heres the current progress on the plague/nurgle marines, squad on is being painted while squad 2 is still undergoing sculpting.

Thoughts: squad markings are a be-atch.....then I figured that if I was sculpting on details why not sculpt squad markings to link the units together, as such we have the spine squad and the ....barnacle squad?
spine was sculpted before barnacle and due to the more imposing nature of their posing and the fact barnacle was mostly left over bits, means that I had to push my sculpting further to make barnacle impressive on the table....I think its working so far

you know what lets make it a selection at the moment.

So thoughts anyone?

edit: oh heres a dread update:

Offline Explosivo111

• So what if my marines like gentle spanking?
Re: dead rising; Update 19/4/11 Nurgle marines and a dread
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2011, 05:07:21 AM »
still got huge love 4 this thread :)
tht dread is looking awesome!
this must be costing u a fortune in green stuff :P

Keep it up man

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2011, 05:41:48 AM »
More great sculpting work, even just for its inventiveness! Quite inspiring stuff.

I'd like to hear a little more about your hints and tips for recreating the Tremultuous O sculpting.

Offline Daboarder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 11:29:12 PM »
Well guys I know its been a while But I've been working on this army still. I've made a lot of progress and I expect it to be completed within a month, all 2500 (approx) points. 2 of the squads are now painted, the greenstuff is finished on the second dread and painting is underway on both of them and the 'blits are also being painted. Pictures of these will follow over the next few days however tonight I feel like sharing my current pride with you.

These terminators have been done with the skulls on the right shoulder acting as the squad marking. they will be a retinue for my lord and as such share some elements with him such as the shoulder pads and the concept behind the faces on the shin's. I wanted these to be animated corpses, my idea is that my lord enslaves the corpses of his greatest foes and rivals to serve as his bodyguard in a perverse example of irony.

Points of note:

The torn Esophagus on one of the terminators and the trucker hat like drinking tube on the heavy flamer (not to forget the skull I.V. that supplies brain juice of victims to the toxin sac on the back.

Game wise I've been running them as twin LC's (plus HF/PF) and I've found that they really are a wreck face unit. I've had much success using them as counter charge and positioning them to take initial charges through cover allowing them to smash the opponents main push at my lines, between them and Abaddon they really do vaporize whatever come near.

Final notes: I have just bits ordered a number of the small skeletal wings from the spawn kit and will be adding them to truly emphasize the "plague angel" aspect of this army.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
Re: dead rising; Update 13/11/11 Rotting Terminators
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
Damn this army is awesome.

You got to love how every single guy is unique.

You know it was this thread that forced me to get some chaos terminators.
I just want to do the same with mine XD
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.