News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Turbo boosted Jetbikes being assaulted.  (Read 1372 times)

Offline sysentil

• Newest
  • Elad Drachir
Turbo boosted Jetbikes being assaulted.
« on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »
 I would like to know if there is anything in the rulebook that clarifies how assaults are conducted when jetbikes that have turbo-boosted are assaulted by an enemy. As I understand it, they can be swatted out of the air by any space maroon who by happenstance walks up to there base. According to rules, they cannot even attempt overwatch or counter-assault if they have an Autarch.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Turbo boosted Jetbikes being assaulted.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »
Hi, and welcome to 40k online. :D

Surely the jetbikes can shoot overwatch and strike back in close combat, they do not have the counter-assault special rule though as default.

This is due to GW uses player turn and game turn, and if it's not defined explicitly, they are referring to the player turn.
This means if the space maroons assaults the jetbikes, I'm almost certain it's the space maroon players turn, so the not move and not assault restrictions does not apply anymore.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline sysentil

• Newest
  • Elad Drachir
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 05:57:14 PM »
That's what I would expect to see somewhere but it is not specified. Furthermore, it seems ridiculous that turbo-boosted jetbikes that just blazed across 48" of game surface can be assaulted with no penalty to the attacker. The vehicles are still moving at top speed, not hovering. It seems to defy Newton's 1st law of motion.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
It never really helps to try and apply logic to the rules.  If you do then you will try and rationalize how an Imperial Knight can kill a Riptide with a stomp attack, considering the Riptide is just as tall.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
If it helps to soothe the fluff-hurt, remember that CC attacks represent physical blows, but also the effects of grenades, traps, pistol shots, and the like.

You could also imagine that an "assault" attack represents picking up a rock the size and weight of a brick, and tossing it in front of a jetbike moving at, say, 200 km/h or faster. That's going to leave a mark.

Rules wise, their speed and agility are represented by the defensive bonuses for "Jink". Also, hopefully, by the controller taking advantage of that 48" move to NOT wind up within assault range. :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:53:40 PM by Spectral Arbor »