News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Necron models?  (Read 2053 times)

Offline T.D.

• X-Beyond the Frontier
New Necron models?
« on: August 15, 2003, 02:05:35 PM »
Are there any new Necron models coming out sometime? Do you think there will be a new edition to the codex or something? Well I hope so! Necrons don't have that many models but it is only their 1st codex so I figure they will do what they did to the eldar and expand. Or maybe the necrons aren't popular enough to be expanded on.... :(
Wins: 0      Loses:0
         Ties:  0
I think I should actually play a game.

"...lest we perish without ever recognising our peril."

www.egosoft.com =X2-The Threat

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
Re:New Necron models?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 03:38:43 PM »
the eldar werent expanded upon as far as i know when the new codex came out.  when the eldar codex came out it was when Space Marines (2nd edition 40k) became the Warhammer 40k that we know today.  all the armies got a revamp in the 3rd edition, except for the chaos squats and the zoats who mutually wiped each other out.

there is no plan to update necrons until the official 4th edition comes out.  the only thing that might happen is that we might get a new c;tan.  and as for new models, the only time an army gets new models is if the army is new, or for some reason, the army is the focuz of GW at the time, like some of them are now for the EOT.  necrons arent playing a very important role in it, but they are doing something.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Havelock

• Learn the words
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 10:41:22 AM »
Ha, not doing anything in EOT, bar 40 registered instore victorys for the forces of disorder, and thats just me. Ok that is across both Gothic and 40K, but there is a load of Necron players in Dublin decimating Imperial Fleets and Eldar Warhosts or what ever comes there was, ok, we have lost a few 40k in 40 minutes, but points wise we get a bit stuff and phase out.

As for new models, there is rumours of a Harvestor, being made by Forge World.

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 05:44:05 PM »
Yes, as said above, Necrons are expecting a new C'tan, which is about as useful as replacing a Rhino's Stormbolter with a Lasgun. C'tan are Special Characters, and as such are more of a "wow" buy than a serious purchase like Warriors or Immortals. I think you're looking at mid-late 4th Ed for any non-forgeworld stuff.

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.