News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Drones and Protocol  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Drones and Protocol
« on: August 12, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
Drones and protocol

Hello guy's, there is somethign that have been troubling me for while regarding drones. They have a rule that's called  Threat Identification Protocol. Reading the rules I understand from it that drone can only shoot at what's the closest to them. Yet for a while I don't know in tournament, but in battle report I find online they always seem to be targeting what ever the guy using the T'au army want.

Does any of you other tau player have any if it's me that read wrong the rules or if indeed they do a mistake online. To me comparing point cost with other thing it would make more sense that indeed drone can only shoot at the closest target. Because if oyu look at there point cost they are so much cheaper for the fire power compared to regular guy's. (Technicly they have the rought same point but they can save people so it's better to have drones rather than foot man if oyu ever need some).

What do you guy's think?
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Drones and Protocol
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
Gun Drones are restricted by Threat Identification Protocols, true. There is no way to bypass it I'm aware of, apart from moving your Gun Drones in such a way as to make the thing you want to shoot the closest unit.

Now, Sniper Drones, Marker Drones, Interceptor Drones, and Missile Drones aren't restricted by that rule. So if they're using those drones, they don't have to worry about that rule.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Drones and Protocol
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
So that's whyyyyyyyyy! Thanks Wyddr I completely missed that information. OK so that change the way I'm gonna plan my list a lot!!!

Thanks for the info :)
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member