News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Centaurs??? whatchu say!!???  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

Chaos Centaurs??? whatchu say!!???
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:10:27 AM »
when were there chaos centaurs in 40k? If you read all of the races that are supposed to be included in the "lost and the damned" section, there is mention of Chaos Centaurs, but I can't find any posts about them and I've never heard of them before now. did someone on 40k online just make this army up or did they actually exist as a playable faction at some time??

cheers.
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Re: Chaos Centaurs??? whatchu say!!???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13:30 AM »
Well I don't remember them ever being in 40k, but they certainly used to be in fantasy.
They're basically the fast cavalry unit of the beastmen.
I had no idea they'd dissappeared from the lore.

Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »
it would be a pretty decent army idea.

I had no idea they'd dissappeared from the lore.

I have only heard of them from this site. go to the 'The Armies of 40k' part of the forum. then look at what it says under the 'Lost and the Damned' link without clicking the link. it says chaos centaurs there. so, either someone made a mistake or there is a 'lost' army that is actually lost :-\

cheers.

Offline pepsi

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Could be used as Daemonic speed equivalent.

Offline Zzarchov

• Equations are the Devil's sentances
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
Centaurs used to be in Fantasy and Also 40k.

Not Bestigors, Centaurs. And they were still Chaos creatures.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 11:48:49 AM »
when were they part of 40k? where they their own army seperate from chaos space marines? are there actual models for these beast???? I still can't find anything to do with these guys anywhere on the net, if anyone could answer these question I would appreciate it.

cheers.

Offline Chico

• Come to Chaos.... We have Cookies!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
In the 2nd ed chaos codex, you had 3 army lists Deamons, Marines and Beastmen and the later had mention of Centaurs. theres also mention of these in short stories from around the time of RT
HERSEY BEGETS RETRIBUTION!

Looking to buy all Rogue Trader era Chaos Marines/Renegades, Message me if your selling.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 11:21:29 AM »
thats kind of a let-down, I thought maybe I could fashion a small 500pt list of centuars using zoat models or something. I guess not.

Offline Firebread

• Chaos Mentor, feel free to PM me.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »
Ok, welllllll  long story. I believe for a while they were considered Eldar till they finally seemed to be more chaos *Fluff loop hole?* however they have been officially listed as EXTINCT on the website and supposedly have been wiped out by the Space Marines. So they're gone.
"It won't be the battles that kill me, but these damn victory parties."

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »
Well no, they were never eldar, although you could include them in an old Eldar pirate list, but they were still Tyranids.
You could still get the zoats in the monster special of WD was it last year?
As for hte Chaos centaurs? No, they are quite gone. They were some sort of Dragon ogre I think, and are now long gone.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
There was a short story done about Centaurs in the 40K universe in one of the novels put out by the Black Library. I have the book, but its been a long time since I read it, and I don't remember it. I think a marine crash landed on a world, and he befriended some mutants that were described as Centaurs, at the end of the story he is recovered and never mentions that there are mutant lifeforms on the world to prevent the Inq from coming to the world and exterminating the Centaurs.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline ratbot

• Newest
« Reply #11 on: July 8, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
There is a short story titled Children of the Emperor by Berrington J Bayley that features four legged humanoids, though never explicitly referred to as centaurs. A gaurdsman crash lands on a high gravity planet and is saved by Emperor worshipping 4 legged humans, mutants. Originally tech adepts from Mars, they were colonizing the planet when the system was swallowed up by a warp storm. Using the last of their resources they genetically modified their children to have 4 legs, so they could live on the planet. etc etc. Darkage technology is lost, emperor becomes a myth, some of the "centaurs" begin worshipping chaos.

The story is published in the short story collection let the galaxy burn

Offline nil

• I'm a grown man who plays with dolls. Pity me.
« Reply #12 on: July 9, 2008, 06:26:27 AM »
Around WD106 (preparing for Slaves to Chaos), there were rules for Chaos Warbands.  Now, if I'm not mistaken, chaos centaurs were being introduced at around the same time, and there were some options for including chaos centaurs in chaos warbands (which weren't even really army lists, and would lead to some horribly imbalanced fights).

But don't hold me to it-- that was a long time ago, and the WDs in question are long gone.  (That was a nice issue though-- first instance of the Emperor's Tarot in print.  "The Bolter.  The Emperor, reversed.")

Back then, there was a clear move to include any new fantasy elements as WH40K elements, with the expectation of conversions.  Harlequins, for instance, were introduced shortly after wardancers, and were an obvious analogue, even if they were accompanied by a boxed set (the first Eldar box set, actually).
« Last Edit: July 9, 2008, 06:28:29 AM by nil »
Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »
Yeah, I had the idea you meant Zoats.  These existed in the Rogue Trader days (1st Edition WH40K) but I don't know if they stayed around longer than that.

http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/Zoat2.jpg
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #14 on: September 7, 2008, 12:04:52 PM »
I have discovered that Chaos Centaurs had stats, etc, in Warhammer Fantasy.  A boxed set came out with the new rules for Chaos Magic - and it included Chaos Centaurs.  Still not sure if they were in 40K, though.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #15 on: September 7, 2008, 12:47:24 PM »
Let the dead rest, and use the Modify button. 
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.