News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Anyone has any experience with Campaigns?  (Read 311 times)

Offline ChainGun

• I'm a llama!
Anyone has any experience with Campaigns?
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:08:19 AM »
Hi all.
I'd like to set up a campaign for our community (Israeli 40K comuunity, that is) and I'd like some feedback from people who ran successful ones. Here are some of my ideas:

1. Node campaign, as per 4th Ed rule book, where all nodes are located in a desert.
2. 4-6 players only, I don't want this thing to take too long.
3. 1-2 games per month per player, I want to target this campaign to adult, working men, with families and little time to play.

That was the overview of the technical aspects of the campaign. Any feedback is welcome.

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
Re: Anyone has any experience with Campaigns?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 05:15:58 PM »
Campaigns eh.

Well, Campaigns can be great fun to run, as long as you decide how much you want out of it.

From what your putting up here, it seems as if your not running that indepth a campaign, which is a good thing. As a indepth campaign would require more commitment then it seems would be available to you.

So keep it simple, dont over burden it with rules for supply lines, reinforcements etc. That way the campaign wont fall apart after a couple of months.

Post up any more ideas you have about your campaign, so we can discuss things you can do.

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
Re: Anyone has any experience with Campaigns?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 01:20:36 PM »
Also you can make a list that with the roll of the dice, the winner of a game get something special for his army/units/specific unit and etc.

Stuff like 100 pts more to spend.
Though not all should be good, sometimes it should be like that a Troop choice has disapeared by some strange adventes so he can't use that one in the following game.

Its makes it all more funny... atleast, that is how our campaign are played. Getting upgrades for the army, possible destering troops and stuff like that. ;)

/Cheers ^_^
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people