News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: squiggoth and passengers  (Read 1677 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
squiggoth and passengers
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
I have read over the apocalypse rules and also the entry for the squiggoth.  They have a transport capacity and are treated as an open topped vehicle.  This is a bit confusing for me and I am looking for some clearification on some issues.

- movement and shooting:   I load up a squad of lootas in a big squiggoth.  If the squiggoth moves can the lootas still shoot?   in most vehicle settings I would say No but in apocalypse superheavys can move and shoot. 

-assualts and crew:   If the squiggoth is assaulted does it stay locked in assault?  or is it like a vehicle can it move away and shoot the next turn?   

-can the passengers shoot if the creature is locked in combat?  (if it can be locked in combat).   If not then do the passengers get to attack in combat? 

It just seems very confusing and neither apocalypse books really cover it that well.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: squiggoth and passengers
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 06:02:45 PM »
One quick question for you - Gargantuan Squiggoth or his baby brother?

Because IIRC the Gargantuan Creature rules will affect a couple of the answers....
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:56 AM »
One quick question for you - Gargantuan Squiggoth or his baby brother?

Because IIRC the Gargantuan Creature rules will affect a couple of the answers....

Don't have the big one yet.    So for now the baby bro.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:16:46 AM »
Then it would probably be just the same as a normal open topped transport, if it moves the passengers move etc.

I would see it getting locked in combat in the same way as any other monstrous creature of it's size would do, but I don't think that would stop the passengers shooting out at a valid target while the squiggoth fights in combat... the passengers aren't locked in combat and they're a different unit.

Its not explicitly mentioned anywhere but I don't see any rules that modify the normal conditions for shooting from a transport, so I would say they continue as normal.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline setto

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:01:41 AM »

- movement and shooting:   I load up a squad of lootas in a big squiggoth.  If the squiggoth moves can the lootas still shoot?   in most vehicle settings I would say No but in apocalypse superheavys can move and shoot. 

-assualts and crew:   If the squiggoth is assaulted does it stay locked in assault?  or is it like a vehicle can it move away and shoot the next turn?   

-can the passengers shoot if the creature is locked in combat?  (if it can be locked in combat).   If not then do the passengers get to attack in combat? 

lootas can not shoot if the vehicle (squiggoth) moves, it is treated as a vehicle in this case.

does it have a weapon skill?  if it does it can be locked in combat.  i believe it does have a ws so yes it would be locked in combat but the gargantuan squiggoth is a different story as it is a massive creature (or whatever it is called) 

the passengers will not be able to attack in combat but i have no idea if they can shoot out of, or over, the combat.  i dont know if they have done an FAQ for apoc (kind of doubt it) but i would try to find that to answer the last bit.