News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 228186 times)

Offline Kadaeux

Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:26 AM »
Thanks matey :D

EDIT:

My Grav-Tanks. Both at 95%. (Needs some touch-ups, transfers etc.)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:26:09 PM by Kadaeux »

Offline Kaminari

• Don't need Farseers
  • Scouting...
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2009, 07:01:32 AM »
Trying to get my latest HQ Serpent online:

left the old Aspect Warrior version (seems I have to upgrade it now as well; 4 to go  :-\), the new HQ vehicle is on the right:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:31:38 AM by Kaminari »

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »

My new Wraithlord

my troops are painted to match ... Wraithguard 

an autarch

more Wraithguard

More pics here ...

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/pheelixkat/eldar/?start=0

Everything is a WIP and slowly getting a remake ...

And now the fluff

Craftworld Gro-Galdr

After the Tyranid invasion of their craftworld, the Iyanden gathered to seek revenge. Whatever aspect warriors survived joined their new craftworld augmented by the souls of the dead.  The Shrine of Asurmen was located on Iyanden. Many Dire Avengers joined their frigates as they fled their homeworld. They also were able to recruit other aspects including Fire Warriors and Striking Scorpians. Wandering groups of Harlequins that frequent the Warp were always welcome. Thus Craftworld Gro-Galdr came to be formed. Their frigate ship flies the Warp on a two fold mission.

The  Craftworld Gro-Galdr Farseer could sense the spirit of their dead warriors even within the Infinity Circuit and believed that he could restore an Eldar soul to a spiritstone pulling it from the depths of the Warp. So they search the Warp looking for fallen comrades but they also hunt their sworn enemy - The Hive Mind.

The Iyanden Spirit hosts avoid battle unless threatened but not these Ghost warriors. Whenever Tyranids are near they hurl themselves into battle. They do not abandon their goal of replenshing their ranks with retrieved souls. Their Farseers have developed a process to accomplish this and even from many miles away they can sense the dead souls
and begin the restoration.   

Craftworld Gro-Galdr will at times use Avatars even at the cost of an Eldar life as the combat monster has his role when hunting Tyranids. Combat is something that an Iyanden army seeks to avoid. Not so this force. They will search and kill any Nid force they can find to revenge themselves on Hive Fleet Kraken. They trust their Farseers to restore the dead souls. 

Yriel done ...

« Last Edit: September 8, 2009, 10:30:58 PM by bebe »
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline Reikai

• What 'bout my star?~*
« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2009, 10:03:02 PM »
Blah... I attempted to finish painting a 1,000 point army in my one month spring break... but unfortunately too many things caught up with me, and I was unable to finish =[.

However, Here are some pictures of what I've done so far.  I hope you enjoy them!

The entire army:

Dire Avenger squad 1:

Dire Avenger squad 2:

Some Dire Avenger Exarch closeups:

The squad of Striking Scorpions:

Striking Scorpion Exarch closeup:

Finally some closeups of my Farseer:

And... just for fun, a picture of the upcoming Retinue for my Farseer:

You may notice, I've converted a few of the models...
Made one Dire Avenger female...
One Striking Scorpion female...
All the Exarchs have been converted in one way or another... albeit only a little bit.
Also, my pride and joy, the Farseer I converted for the 40konline conversion competition =3.

Also my painting skills need a TON of work... I know... but what can you expect from someone one month into the hobby! 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:08:05 PM by Reikai »

Offline cschulte0296

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #204 on: May 8, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »
Here it is, the restart of my army:

« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 09:03:23 PM by cschulte0296 »

Offline nil

• I'm a grown man who plays with dolls. Pity me.
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Whee!  I just got a digital camera!  This is fun!

Top view.  You see 3 fire prisms (magnetized to become falcons if I want), 3 wave serpents (magnetized weapons), an old wraithlord that's seen better days, 7 jetbikes, including a warlock converted from the mounted nazgul model, vibrocannon and crew (magnetized, as always-- if I ever get another one of these, I'm going to make it left handed so I can use the shadow weavers to make a nightspinner), 3 dark reapers (made out of old death jesters), 13 old-style/converted harlequins, 20 storm guardians, 18 guardians with a magnetized weapon platform, 7 warp spiders, 2 units of dire avengers (1 of which is made with high elf archer bits), 10 warlocks (no two in the same pose!), Eldrad, Yriel, Farseer, and my counts-as Karandaras.  Oh, and a couple of objective markers.

Not pictured are a few unusuable harlequins (I modeled several with flamers, to use harlequins in 3rd ed. storm guard squads), a few rangers (too few to make a full squad), a couple of scorpions and hawks, a lonely wraithguard, a scratch-built wave serpent that's currently missing a turret, and some warlocks and far seer that I would rather not admit to having painted :)
Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!

Offline nil

• I'm a grown man who plays with dolls. Pity me.
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »
What you have looks great; but add some close ups please.. hopefully of each individual unit and then some of the characters, etc.

If you insist!

A squad of guardians.  I never really use my support platform, so I can use the crew from it for my guardians.  Gotta get around to a second (basic) weapons platform sometime soon....

The heavy support.  I took the turret off the middle one to demonstrate the sunblitz rune-- unfortunately, it's pretty hard to see that's anything other than a pattern of stripes when you put the turret on top.

Craftworld visitors.  I have one (1) new harlie.  The rest are old-style.  (Scale doesn't match.  I can kinda get away with it with the one I have, thanks to some repositioning.)  Three DJs in the back have been converted into DRs.

Eldrad, Counts-as-Karandaras, and the seer council disembark from their serpent.  I'm not really happy with the way the serpent turned out.  It would look great for a 1000 sons army, but it's just a little too loud for my tastes.  In the foreground you can see a hacked together warlock made from various minis during the time when I couldn't really afford to buy anything and managed to turn all my childhood minis, in various states of disrepair, into gameable figures.

The DAs disembark onto the objective (after Yriel's cleared it).  I like the high elf archer conversion, but it's tough to get them to do anything nice with their arms.  I've got 5 more of each squad, but unpainted.  Just don't find 10 DAs that useful.

My stormies.  Lots of scavenging to make 20 stormies.  2 flaners (found in a bitz box, 2nd ed Eldar), 2 meltaguns from RT.

Isn't that a pretty picture?

Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2009, 07:25:32 AM »
Just started building together my air-force

Here are my Void Dragon and Nightwing
Night wing still needs lot more work on it

Mad Rob
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L

Offline Drp

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #208 on: June 5, 2009, 08:52:20 AM »
My Farseer and Avatar. Im working on the whole army but im slow

here is my Autarch

Double-post merged:
8 ) Do not serial post/double post.  If you have added a reply to a discussion and wish to add more to it, but not one else has replied yet, use the (Image removed from quote.) button to update your existing reply.
-Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:09:35 PM by Mr.Peanut »

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »
here is my Autarch

(Image removed from quote.)

Pilferred, Thanks in advance. As that Autarch looks great.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Simmoski

« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »
As posted in the Iyanden PoC

Heres the beginnings of a very long time at the painting table.  Farseer, Scorps, and wraithlord are all painted well before i discovered the plethora of tips and trick on the internets.  C&C welcomed.

General overview of the army

My farseer

My Wraithguard and Spiritseer

Scorpions

Fire Dragons

Wraithlord with ScatLas and Wraithsword

'The Valar Inspired Wave Serpent'

and now 2 pics of my second finished wave serpent.

Offline dahli.llama

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    • Meandering the Dune Sea
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »
Wow!  That yellow looks great on the Wave Serpent.  Nicely done.

Here are the pictures of my completed Jetbikes for the Warlocks.  I still need to finish up the riders, but at least the bikes are done.

Eldar Record: 16-9-3

Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

Offline cadians:)

• Necrontyr Warrior
« Reply #212 on: July 3, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:08:44 AM by cadians:) »

Offline Galef

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
http://glennsgwmodels.blogspot.com/search/label/Eldar%20and%20Dark%20Eldar

Most of my models look fairly differnet now as I have put blades and spikes to use my army as either Eldar or Dark Eldar (see the Galef Wingfire post for fluff).  Once I get my Raiders finished, I will retake pictures of all my unit to show you guys.
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar

Offline Reikai

• What 'bout my star?~*
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
is that female farseer custom?>

I do believe it is a conversion using the following models:
Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwe - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300099&prodId=prod1060036
[Sword and Head of Staff]

Eldar Farseer with Staff - http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300099&prodId=prod1060021
[Main body]

And if I'm correct, a plastic Wood Elf head (and/or it may have been sculpted.)

Offline Galef

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »
Actually, I believe that head is from the Dark Eldar slave girl.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1660257&prodId=prod1110275

Current Armies:

Offline Sgt. Ranger - (formerly SilverRanger)

• *insert threatning quote*
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2009, 09:08:11 AM »
Ok I'm new to Eldar and I'm relativity new to painting in general so please be gentle on me :-[
Also please forgive the lighting, it really brings out the worst in these models :-\
My Farseer

My slightly unorthodox Striking Scorpions

Dire Avengers

Hope you enjoy, C&C appreciated
- Ranger

By order of the Inquisition: There is no such thing as the Inquisition, questioning this will have thou deemed heretic by the Inquisition.

Offline Galef

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »
Yeah, cool stuff.  For being new to painting, you have a really good style, SilverRanger021.

By the way guys, I finally got my army pics updated on my blog.  They are Eldar/ Dark Eldar with fluff included.  Enjoy:

http://glennsgwmodels.blogspot.com/2009/07/phoenix-clan-returns-form-webway.html

Current Armies:

Offline dahli.llama

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
    • Meandering the Dune Sea
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2009, 10:37:37 AM »
Here is a picture of my army as it stands right now.

There are close-ups of infividual units on my blog: http://www.meanderingthedunesea.com/?p=614
Eldar Record: 16-9-3

Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

Offline deusmex

• You can run, but you`ll die tired
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »
As Im just starting an Eldar army I cant post an army shot just units as and when I paint them.

You gotta have guardians though so I did them first.