News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40kUNline second debate  (Read 1269 times)

Offline faithlessmonkeigh

• Dracon. Nope, no more title shenanigans.
  • let me!! judge you!!
40kUNline second debate
« on: November 19, 2006, 01:40:55 PM »
Secretary General Faithless: I have here a direct request from the regional govermant of Taiwan that urgent aid be sent to that nation immediately, a massive earthquake centered to the far west of Taiwan has severely damaged the small nation, reports from the UNline/Taiwan comitee put the death toll at hundreds of thousands.

The Taiwanese local authorities have explicitly expressed to me their desire that any aid and manpower assistance come from sources outside their continenental cousins.

i am sure that we can come to an agreement on this, what has been explicity requested: food aid, tents, generators, search teams, technicians of all varieties, doctors, heavt construction equipment.

Taiwan knows that the Chinese would be most capable of providing assistance here, but they have came to us.

faithless

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:33:01 PM by Devern, The Unsung Hero »

...Aaaaaaaand you completely missed the point of the topic.  Thanks.
-Kyure -

Offline Mud Man!

• Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out
Re: 40kUNline second mass-durbate
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:47:26 PM »
Is it possible to play as a nation that doesn't technically exist?
Lighten up while you still can,
Don't even try to understand,
Just find a place to make your stand,
And take it easy

"Why should I trade 1 tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants 1 mile away?" -Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about Austrian economics or Anarcho-Capitalism as a political

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: 40kUNline second mass-debate
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »
Representative of the French Republic:

Has there been any word from tsunami watch? While we understand that the situation is grave for Taiwan warning may need to be given to other areas to avoid follow on tragedies.

((No made up countries. ))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:34:36 PM by Barr'El O'Rum »
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Kojiro

• Battles are not won on strength alone
Re: 40kUNline second debate
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 04:30:26 PM »
How can one join in? 

Offline Captain Hajime

• 1st Regiment Fuji System
    • Captain Hajime's Warhammer Web site
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
The Honourable Representative of Japan:

I highly suggest that all Pacific rim nations prepare their quick responce relief teams Now and send them right away to agreed Staging Area in Taiwan as we construct a mid-term relief plan here. Most of us in the Pacific rim have such groups that are read in 48 hours or less. I will call the Prime Minister directly to set this in motion.
"Men from different wordls, with different views, bound together by loyality to the Emperor. This is what we have become." Captain Hajime
"I have remembered, I do remember, I will always remember."
Imperial Guard, Space marines and Ork Collector.
First Fuji Regiment W: 0 L:     2 D: 4
Tenno No Samurai W: 1 l: 5 D: 7

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »
The Honourable Representative of Afghanistan

I would like to express my deep sorrow for those caught in the earthquake. We would like to provide 200 camels, mules and horses to help transport equipment and food aid in taiwan as most mechanical transport in taiwan would be wrecked. Once again the country of Afghanistan would like to express sorrow for those effected by the massive earthquake.
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »

A staging area in Hong Kong would seem to make more sense than in the affected area itself. US and Japanese military bases in Japan would also seem to be prime candidates for initial transportation due to their relative proximity, capacity, and logistics capability.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 06:57:59 PM »
Secretary General Faithless

to apply for a nation space please contact me via PM,
note: Taiwan does not currently hold a position in the real world UN, and unless very special circumstances arise i will not condone the creation of a seat for that island on this forum either.

so far ocean monitoring buoys in the area have not detected any tsunami activity, in the event of aftershocks the situation is being monitored.

second note: Taiwan is in a tricky spot of bother, we cannot act on the situation there until we recieve clearance from china, who claims authority over the area, however the Taiwanese local authorities would like an international response to the situation to prevent anything untoward happening

faithless

-Kyure -

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »

Then we should choose Japan as our focus for gathering supplies and manpower as Hong Kong is also under Chinese mandate. Better to mobilise now and wait for permission later.

Has there been any indications that China is looking to, how should we say, capitalise upon the issue to send in far more military assets than generally required into the area?
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 07:23:46 PM »
Honourable Representative for the People's Republic of China

China expresses regret and sorrow for the lives of citizens lost in the Taiwan province disaster.

China must assess its current capabilities and consider its own risks from further seismic activity, before making any commitment to any further action.

Offline Abraxas

• You do not speak for the rest...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »
Honourable Representative for the Netherlands:

We wish to also convey our sincerest regrets to the Taiwanese people. The Netherlands and Taiwan have worked together before to foster scientific research under the NWO, a joint agreement by our two countries. Due to past friendly relations we of course offer any support that can be used.

The first thing we can offer is the use of several cargo ships for the transportation of any goods deemed appropriate. We will look through our contracts and see if any of these ships can be used immediately while in the mean time we can hope that several run out in due time.

We anxiously await the decision of the Chinese government and pray that the US's sphere of political influence and it’s wish to spread democracy does not interfere with future proceedings. We also pray that the Chinese's involvement in Taiwanese affairs will not jeopardize the aid that the UN wishes to bestow.
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Ambassador Kosh

The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.
Ambassador G'Kar

Offline Captain Hajime

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 01:04:59 PM »
Honourable Representative for Japan

I would respecitful ask The People's Republic Of China, to not waste time assessing the need for aid or not because of the Political disagreement between themselves and the Republic of China's government. But allow international aid to flow freely to the Region. I have talk to my Prime minister and have come to terms with using staging areas in the south of Japan, and I would further ask the Honourable Representative of the United State to ask his government if the use of the US Armed force base Airfield in Okinawa could also be used as a staging ground as it is closer and much bigger than what We have in the south of Japan.
"Men from different wordls, with different views, bound together by loyality to the Emperor. This is what we have become." Captain Hajime

• let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »
secretary general faithless;

perhaps some of the major involved players could have some behind the scenes discussion (pm), deals be made?

faithless

-Kyure -

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 03:46:01 PM »
Representive for Kenya

We send are condolences to the developing state of Taiwan. We have little to offer butoffer 2,000 pounds worth of aid and man power. Again we express are condolences and are demanding a recognition of a seperate state of Taiwan and its seperation from the People Republic.
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline chaos0xomega

• Hilary Clinton FTW!
  • Fabricator-General of being banned.
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »
Honourable Representative of the United States of America:

The situation in the area is tense, and we would not like violence to come of this. Therefore, our aid can be only non-military in nature. We will allow use of our airfield and military bases in Okinawa and the region to non-military personnel and vehicles from Japan, Australia, Canada, The Netherlands, The French Republic, Brazil, The United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Germany, and Russia.

Furthermore, we will volunteer our own transport aircraft and vessels for use in transporting goods to and from Taiwan. In addition, the President has opened up a limited Lend-Lease policy to Japan, Australia, Canada, and the UK. In some cases, it is cheaper to sink or destroy outdated naval vessels and aircraft than to attempt to salvage and scrap them. We will allow these particular vessels to be 'leased' to the above stated nations for rescue operations. No payment is necessary for these, however manning and transporting these vehicles must be undertaken by the government that wishes to lease them. Currently, two outdated aircraft carriers, 36 destroyers, 50 Frigates, 18 C-130's(these have been damaged over the years in various ways, while flyable, they may need repairs), 6 C-5 Galaxy's(Retired, are currently slated for destructive inspection, however we would rather they be used to aid the people of Taiwan), 2 C-17 Globemaster III's, and various other vessels including outdated troop landers and cargo ships.

We would like to encourage China to use it's own non-military personnel in relief operations, as the current state of affairs between the United States and China on the subject of Taiwan is... dangerous. China's use of military personnel in China will only exacerbate the situation.
BANNED!
This user has been banned for regular breaches of Forum rules.

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
Honourable Representative for the People's Republic of China

China thanks the international community for its efforts.

China will of course offer personel to aid its people in Taiwan province. It should be borne in mind however that the renegade ROC refused to accept Chinese personel last time an earthquake hit their country, and in the interests of international peace, China decided to withhold these at that time.

China offers her ports to the international aid effort, with PLA personel providing support and security on the mainland.

China objects in the strongest possible terms against any official recognition of the rogue ROC party.

China cannot understand why the Kenyan representive would wish to risk our two nations' previously cooperative, lucrative and highly mutually-beneficial relationship over this issue.

• let me!! judge you!!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »
note: yes lord krakow please do more research on your nation and their relations with both taiwan and china

faithless

-Kyure -

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »
Hounary Representative of Kenya

To ROC we apologise if you believe that we were in anyway being forceful or angry at your great nation, at this is hope you do not believe that we in anyway want to destroy are fostering economic and tourism ties.  We only ask that you show restraint in this difficult time for Taiwan and in anyway possible stop the distater from multiplying into war between you and Taiwan.  We also ask whether the world will offer their condolences to the recent flood in Somalia and are one country
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 06:19:03 PM »

Honourable People's Republic of China

China has no plans on initiating conflict with the rogue ROC organization and only wishes for the citizens of Taiwan province to be aided.

Offline Captain Hajime

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 08:00:47 PM »
Honourable Representative for Japan

We at the Un are interested in saving live, anywhere in the world, the difference between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China, are not a matter of concern in this matter, we want to save lives and provide aid to the people on the island of Taiwan. We seek China's quick aproval to do so, as we have the frameworks in our relief forces to manage the relief without dealing of any rogue groups. I do not see the need for the People's Republic of China's objection.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:47:45 PM by Captain Hajime »