News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330666 times)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1880 on: August 20, 2018, 03:08:44 PM »
Woooo!
I love that Starweaver, it looks amazing! The stencils appear to have worked better for you than they did for me!
So buzzed that you are gonna be doing the Skyweavers next, big tip...… Paint the crew separately!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1881 on: August 21, 2018, 05:44:09 AM »
I'm happy to hear that your recovery is progressing well, even if it is going more slowly than you would like.

It looks as though you played on a very detailed and dynamic gaming table.  There are certainly a number of evocative colours and high quality terrain pieces on show in those photographs.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #1882 on: August 21, 2018, 06:38:28 AM »
That starweaver looks amazing! Probably one of the best I've seen.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1883 on: August 21, 2018, 05:04:54 PM »
Looks great Cav and it will all blend seemlessly into your existing army or look fantastic on their own.

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #1884 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
Cav... My dear Cav... You did it again... You went beslubbering ham and got such a tricky paint style so beslubbering right... Do I swear a lot? Yes, I swear a lot but god damn it's just such a great work except cursing and giving you compliment I don't know what to do!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1885 on: August 21, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »
Beautiful goes without saying and with a bum hand. Using a transfer just pure genius, looks awesome. I hope to have an update soon.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #1886 on: August 22, 2018, 03:43:38 PM »
Get well soon Cav!  And thanks for sharing your basing technique!   :)

Is that sand or gravel from GW?  I’m hoping to get mine by the weekend so I can finally finish my minis. 

I think you’d do an awesome job on an Incubi army too.  8)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #1887 on: August 23, 2018, 02:02:11 AM »
Hey Cav! That starweaver is 100% top-notch, a smooth transition from red in the back to back&white diamond pattern on the front makes the whole scheme look even more striking. Excellent overall design from the practical standpoint too, I love how the red+gold combination ties Harlies smoothly into the rest of your force, while diamonds still keep them distinguishable. Thumbs up :)

As for stencils, what I saw people do on Starweavers (and Skyweavers for that matter) is masking off individual diamonds rather than applying a one-piece stencil. You can easily make multiple diamonds out of masking tape by cutting a long strip of desired width first and then cutting it into small pieces diagonally to get diamonds. The main advantage of this technique is that an individual dianomd-shaped piece of masking tape is far easier to apply so that it adheres to the surface firmly along all edges, thus keeping those edges crisp. Just an idea anyway :) that's what I'd do if I were to paint Starweavers, as this would still be quicker to do than hand-painting all diamonds (perticularly if they are white!).

Really hope your wrists heal soon! Physical exercise is awesome, but you really shouldn't take it so far that it causes lasting damage to your body. Then again, as they say it - you never know what is enough unless you know what is too much, right? ;)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #1888 on: August 29, 2018, 04:11:01 AM »
Beautiful work on that Starweaver Cav. I see what you mean about the 'fuzziness' of the stencil diamonds, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. From the looks of it, you can only tell that they are a badge more fuzzy from the close up photos...they look great from all but the most detailed inspections. You've definitely nailed the diamonds that you did by hand though. Super sharp and they look great.

Question time; did you fully paint the driver (it appears as though you did) and then tint the canopy? If so, how did you apply the tint and what did you use? It looks fantastic!

Cheers for sharing Cav...I guess that the silver lining in the cloud that is your injury is this; you no longer work and post at such a furious rate that everyone else on the board just feels plain bad about their hobby devotion! Keep healing and keep knocking it out of the park bud!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1889 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:42 AM »
@Auric’s Pride- Thanks man! It did require a fair bit of clean up but in the end it looks decent. Also yes! I took your advice on the Skyweavers and it was a life saver. Thanks man!

@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. Still recuperating but feeling better. Yeah that table was amazing! It not only looked great but functionally it was really good as it had a lot of LOS blocking terrain too. Anyway thanks Irisado glad you liked the photos

@Blazinghand- Damn, thanks man! Really high compliment as there are some amazing Harlie paint jobs out there. Thanks!

@Magenb- Thanks bud. Glad you think it’ll fit in well with the rest of the force. Mission accomplished!

@Grizzlykin- lol thanks so much my man! Always appreciate your comments my friend. Keep rocking you are doing great yourself!

@Dread- Thanks a million my friend. If anyone knows my pain (literally!) its you. So thanks man I really appreciate it.

@Calamity- No problem bud. Yeah my basing is just sand with little cork rocks (5 dollar tub I’ve been using for years). Also yes! The Incubi army needs to happen!

@Seekingone- Oh man thank you so much SeekingOne. As you know I’ve the highest admiration for your skills, so the kind words mean so much to me. Yeah I’m healing up slowly but surely. The main culprit was too much computer use more than the excersize but regardless all things in moderation. Gotta protect my hands, they are my money makers! lol :D

@Looshkin- Thanks so much brother. Yeah the fuziness is a real pain but now I know. Hopefully you’ll see the difference in my bikes. Also yes I fully painted the driver. Thats something I always do. As for how I painted the canopy, its super easy. I blast it with some “wet-look” varnish. Do a mix of green INK (Not wash) and GW ‘Ard Coat and just paint it on there. It goes on super easy. Just do little touch with a wet brush to adjust it. After it dries I paint the framing. It really couldn’t be easier. I’m actually thinking of repainting all my canopies with a teal ink sometime but haven’t decided. Also yes! As soon as I stepped back everyone stepped forward and thats great to see. Its been hugely inspirational. Anyway thanks man hope you are healing up yourself.

@Everyone- So guys here is my first finished jebtike. Man it was super intensive paint work but in the end it was worth it. I couldn’t be happier. Doing the diamonds by hand was def. the way to go. I’m so excited at this point to be painting this stuff. That sort of “I cant believe I’m gonna have a legit Harlequin force” feeling is truly upon me (and yes that is a certified emotional phenomenon lol). Despite how touch these models are to paint they really are a joy. Each one is sort of a puzzle which really suits the army. Also these models were my first where I did an airbrush fade! Anyway hope you guys like it!

I’ll be back soon to comment on what everyone has been up to. You guys are crushing it! Anyway thanks guys and talk soon!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1890 on: September 1, 2018, 03:22:57 PM »
Glorious as always, Cav, cannot believe that you painted that diamond pattern by hand! The Jetbikes and the transport look sleek, still don't understand how you're painting all of that fully assembled lol. I guess a career of practice makes perfect ;D.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1891 on: September 2, 2018, 05:00:27 PM »
Great job CAv, really like the marks on the drivers mask.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #1892 on: September 4, 2018, 12:22:57 PM »
And there I was, thinking "Interesting, how Cav's going to handle those bikes...?" And you did them just right. Even the size of the checkered pattern on the prow is so spot on. Awesome! Naturally, never expected any less of you ;)
Great stuff, keep it coming!
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1893 on: September 17, 2018, 05:42:24 AM »
Late to the party, but glad to see you're on the mend :) injuries that affect motor skills scare the bejeezus out of me. Manage to hurt the tendons in my wrist a while back and had to spend 3 weeks sitting around not making or painting anything and it drove me nuts!

Doesn't seem to have slowed you down all that much from where I'm standing though ;) still painted more than I have ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1894 on: March 12, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »

Hey guys I know its been YEARS since I've posted here, but like I mentioned elsewhere its been absolutely crazy. The podcast has truly taken on a life of its own and that in conjunction with playtesting has become a part time job on top of my full time duties as a commission painter. For the past 5 months I've painted a massive Daughters of Khaine army leaving almost no time for myself... but its finally all wrapped up and thus its time to come back to my roots and post here!

There have been too many updates besides that to my army to fully catalogue, many of which I haven't even photographed for elsewhere on the web but I can tell you... I've painted a lot!

I've repainted almost my entire Asuryani collection. My Warp Hunters, Jetbikes, flyers and more stuff than I can imagine. I repainted all my Venoms and added a couple so I now I 5 Venoms for my Drukhari... I also finished my Harlequin patrol so I have a Troupe Master (who is an absolute boss on the table) a Troupe with 3x Kisses (and alternate Caress Troupes) and 6x Skyweavers and countless other bits and bobs.

I've been playing tons of games (not so many lately because I'm moving) and won most of them and overall have just been having a blast in the hobby.

The thing I'm most proud of is definitely my full 9-man Shining Spears unit which is converted and kitbashes from like 5 different kits. This project has gone back years starting near the mid-point of this project blog, and once the Idoneth Deepkin dropped I scooped up those kits for the helmets, got 2 boxes of Dragon Princes literally DAYS before they went OOP for the lances and I finished up this long running project and they've completely changed my collection.

Also having our podcast and my co-host Brian featured in White Dwarf (including my name) was absolutley surreal and something I'm very proud of!

Currently I'm running an Asuryani + Harlequin force thats been an absolute blast. My current project is to get 3x Fire Prisms and 3x Ravagers finished in the next 6 weeks or so.

I'll chronicle that here as I go! But other than that guys its just been a long wild ride with tons of 40k eating up all my time. I cant promise to be as active as I was, but I can promise to keep posting and check in from time to time. Hope you guys and enjoy and its great to chat with you all again. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:41:50 AM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1895 on: March 12, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »
Hi Cav!

I see those hobby hands have remained devoted to the craft after all of this time! Would love to see some highlight images of the Shining Spears and the Daughters of Khaine you painted!

I think you may have inserted an image at the beginning of your post, but it seems to be invisible :).

Massive achievement for repainting most of your Aeldari, sounds like a good chunk of time well spent!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #1896 on: March 12, 2020, 07:18:39 PM »
Well, we'll, well. This is a voice from the past. Missed ya buddy. Can't wait to see your pics, they're not working right now. Glad you showed and glad to hear all the success. I guess I need to go to the other Web site and listen in. I gave up on it when I couldn't log in, over and over.  8)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1897 on: March 13, 2020, 03:03:05 AM »
Welcome back Cav!

Looks like some nurglings have gotten into your image links :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1898 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »
@Myental- Hey buddy thanks! I felt bad bailing especially after you came on board because you bring such great energy!Thanks so much for the kind words. Yeah I'll definitley do a showcase of the Shining Spears. I've not taken the time take really good photos of the entire squad and this'll be a good excuse. Yes I'll try and post some pics of the DoK commission. It was absolutely crazy. it was like a 200+ model project. My photos are not the best (as they weren't meant for social media) but I can def. post some highlights.

@Dread- Hey my friend. Its been a LOOOOOONG time, I'm glad to see you still posting my friend. Yeah if you need a link to our podcast, check out my sig, its in there. You can also find us itunes/apple podcast app too under Splintermind. The last 2 episodes were really good IMO, hope you enjoy them and let me know your thoughts.

@Magenb- Thanks brother. Yeah hopefully I fixed the links... it worked on this computer, but not on my other ones. I think I've got it fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #1899 on: March 13, 2020, 07:10:02 PM »
Yup its as I figured, your painting has gotten worse, haha. My goodness it all looks fantastic as always. Missed our visits. Anyhow, you told me how much I would enjoy the new dark Eldar dex and you are correct, it's fantastic. So much so, I actually found a color scheme I like. If you remember I kept bouncing back and forth and never liking one. Now I gave you a time line as to how long you've been absent.

Now on to your pics. Holy cow I love your spear conversions, great idea there for sure. The corsairs, well I missed seeing yours. I wish I could come up with a Harliquin paint scheme I like, I've stripped mine at least 3 times since last you saw. Yours are great and inspirational. The Hornets always looked great.

I'm so happy for you getting to do so much for the hobby.