News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bad Moonz  (Read 28881 times)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
Re: Bad Moonz
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
Finding it hard to tackle the next kan, so finished up some cybork nobz I had half-done instead. There's six here, have another 3 I didn't photo, usually run them in a truck (which also needs paint!) with my non-biker warboss.

Otherwise, I have done the metal on all nine kans now; and on my green baron. It's the neat yellow bits that stall me!

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline zachay2000

• Ork Boy
  • If we don't end WAAGH, WAAGH will end us!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 12:21:19 AM »
I'm just blown away with what your doing. Those nobz look awesome especially the painboy. I'm going to have to step up my game a bit so I don't fall behind for the next modelling contest.
Check out the Two Headed Geek channel on Youtube! TwoheadedGeek's channel - YouTube *Latest Video= Army Update*

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 04:18:48 AM »
Those Nobz are fantastic! Where did the parts for the Painboy come from?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 04:08:03 AM »
Where did the parts for the Painboy come from?

They're almost all orky bitz - the gloved arm is from a burna, the shoulder harness is part of a trukk, chopped down . . . the only extra bits were the mirror, which was just a circular bit of plastic (quite honestly an off-cut from something in m bits-box, maybe a large gun-barrel or so?) which I added a central hollow to, and the medical bag is actually a lego doctor's bag from my kids' lego, which I cut to fit the hand. The apron is a combination of the right nobs body, along with one of the "hangs-between-the-legs" cloth from the nobs box, both filed to fit snugly together; so a lot less modelling than the aprons on my OK butchers, for example ;) In general, I have had to use really minimal green stuff on all my orks (filling in the occassional shoulder joint, or unexpected gap) - have been really impressed with the sheer compatibility of pieces across the whole range.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
Those are some great looking models, good stuff. The only problem I see is they are not in a red truck  ;D

Just kidding, I have to accept the fact that not all orks are speed freaks  :'( 
However, those are some very nice looking models, thanks for the pictures, just more good stuff 8)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 05:08:46 PM »
The only problem I see is they are not in a red truck  ;D

Well, I'm a big fan of trukk nobz, and these guys have a converted truck all to themselves. Will post when it is painted! I'm sorry though, it won't be red ;p Us moons is very attached to the colour yellow . . .

Anyway, for tonight I finished up my green (yellow?) baron - have a squadron of 5 more koptas to follow him, but this is certainly the most extravagant. Big bomb on the back, not because I always take it, but because we're Bad Moons and we always take every upgrade in the end ;p

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »
Really liking the nobz and the yellow baron.   Very creative and they look great.   

Those are some great looking models, good stuff. The only problem I see is they are not in a red truck  ;D

Just kidding, I have to accept the fact that not all orks are speed freaks  :'( 

Not everyone can pimp a fire trukk brigade.   Good to see orks in yellow, as I rarely get to see them.   Primarily people go the easy route (like myself) and go (Goffs) black or the common red.   I have seen a few blue ones out there though.   One of the guyz at a GT I went to had his orks with gray skin.   It didn't look bad at all, very different.   

I'm just blown away with what your doing. Those nobz look awesome especially the painboy. I'm going to have to step up my game a bit so I don't fall behind for the next modelling contest.

Although a smaller type of event as far as modeling goes, but your Boss's have something in the works for Febuwaaaaughry!   *evil grin*  Wez always be sneaky, wez be.   

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
Ok, finally finished up the rokkit kans sqaudron - too many distractions when painting orcs, I had to stop myself painting a single stormboy instead. Pics:

Second kan:

Third kan:

And a group shot of the squadron all together:

Now, I also have 3 grotzooka kans and 3 big shoota kans to paint, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to push on through, even though they'll look more cohesive if I do them altogether. I have a hankering to return to infantry, although I have pretty much every unit still to paint. Please chip in if there's anything you'd like to see next, and I'll bump it up the list. The only units that I don't even have bits for are big guns and buggies; and as I said before I'm not sure I'm happy with the Flash gitz, and I've only done 5 of them. Might start again with a nobz box . . .

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »
I painted some Kans myself earlier in the month and yours look awesome! I have to say I do like the yellow colour scheme  :)   I had fun spotting the little conversions too.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »
Trukks are the order of the day - first up, a better picture of my first (shoota) trukk, as promised - side on:

And now, presenting my second trukk, ready for my 'ard boyz choppa squad (pictures to come when they are fit for muster!):

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »
Does no response mean "that's fine, keep going" or "hmm, second trukk not as good as the first, but too polite to say"?
Happy to take constructive criticism too :)
Anyway, as no-one seems desperate to see the 'ard boyz mob, I gave in to my desire to paint prettier figures, and painted up my stormboyz nob:

Was pleased with how he came out, so managed to motivate myself to do two more (only 7 left now . . .)

And here's a picture of all 3 together. (Bases still to do of course).  I like the idea of stormboyz if not always the execution; they seem to fit the theme with the deffkoptas, which I am also keen to paint (beyond the baron above - have another squadron of 5).

I have also built another cyborg nob to take the unit total up to 10, since there's always room for a warboss in a trukk anyway, so there are four nobz to finish now too. As if I needed more indecision about what to paint next; and then of course there's the boss to do for the febuwaaaghry contest; because I have a 1k bike list, I do run both Wazdakka and my own biker warboss, so it's just a question of which one to do for the competition. Both are WIP modelling, but no paint . . .

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »
Looking good as always...  I really like the storm boy models...  They are really sharp and your paint job does them justice!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
Thanks :) Yes, I think the stormboy models are some of the best in the range, and lots of bits to play with. Had a good few hours painting today, so 3 more done. The guy on the right has an attached goblin stormrunt, but you can't quite see him - will try to get a better picture in a whole squadron shot when I'm done.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 05:21:16 PM »
You've actually inspired me to get my storm boyz painted...  I'll post some picks later on in the month when it get's done!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
I always enjoy looking at fine models, especially ones with good paint jobs. Those are some great looking models. Make sure you are updating your faces of the waagh page with these pics, they are good stuff.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
Have updated FotW :)

Haven't had so much time this week, but have finished the last four stormboyz:

and here's a slightly out of focus shot of the whole squadron:

I'm coming round to the idea of a strong sand theme on the bases, so will trial one soon, and canvas opinion. Still not sure what to paint next, but on the priority list are 'ard boyz with PK nob, finishing my cybork nob squad (2 still unpainted, one of them only part assembled), more kans, the looted wagon and therefore the tankbusters to go inside, and of course my boss for febuwaaghry. Am leaning towards a biker boss over wazdakka, I think, but still tinkering with the models.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
They look great as always  :)  sand would be good for the bases, although you would maybe need to make it a darker shade of brown so that the yellow doesn't blend into it when the models are grouped together.

Offline edamame

• <3
  • Armies: Eldar & Greenskins
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
Wow, very impressive!

I'm actually about to embark on a journey myself to paint 90 Boyz Bad Moon themed. Do you have any suggestions on how/what colour to paint the tunics and pants? I was originally thinking a khaki washed with Devlan mud for pants and am still undecided on tunics.

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
Do you have any suggestions on how/what colour to paint the tunics and pants? I was originally thinking a khaki washed with Devlan mud for pants and am still undecided on tunics.

Well, I do khaki washed with sepia for jumpsuits - i.e. on a deffkopta pilot or stormboy - for regular pants I do them grey, and then alternate tunics between leather and yellow, depending on how much opportunity there is for yellow elsewhere (i.e. helmets/shoulder pads/etc. that would take the yellow first). Some of my nobs have light pants to make them stand out more from the regular boyz.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 08:21:45 AM »
Now those are some fine looking models, I am impressed by the quality of the paint job. Can't wait to see your first army all in one big happy yellow family photo.  ;D