News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bad Moonz  (Read 27757 times)

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
Re: Bad Moonz
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
I am insanely envious of your ability not only to paint like that, but to do it in one weekend  :(

Well, a job which at this time of year can be 8 til 8, coupled with 5 year old twins, will really focus your hobby time ;p

Your army is Rockin Dude.  I am so very envious.  I enjoy seeing new pics of your army all the while  8)

Nice to hear, and genuinely keeps me motivated to keep on painting, so thanks :)

Ok, so the second dread is done. Few pics:

And so finally, after months of running the furnaces at dangerous levels, the mek's workshop belches out the entire mechanised part of my army. Not really viable on it's own (with no scoring troops), but it's still quite nice that with 2 big meks this is a playable 750-800ish pt army on it's own :)

I'm not going to let the mek's furnaces die just yet - next on the conveyor belt are 12 warbikes, including a Wazdakka and a PK nob that I'm very pleased with the conversion of. Mustn't allow myself to paint both first, or I won't have the impetus to paint the remaining 10 ordinary bikers!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:23:16 PM by Baron Wastelands »

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
Baron... That walker horde is really something...  And the fact that you put it together so fast with such perfect kustomization is what impresses me.  You have a knack for simple, yet really well done bitz mixing...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #102 on: September 9, 2012, 04:29:22 PM »
You have a knack for simple, yet really well done bitz mixing...

Thanks :) I think it stems from a basic meanness, about not wanting any bitz to go to waste . . . but one of my favourite parts of the hobby is kitbashing; I almost can't bear to build models without mix'n'matching.

Anyway, only a small update today, I'm afraid; have only base-coloured six more warbikes, but then nearly finished this one, so thought I'd post a quick pic. Won't post all 12 individually, but painting is going slow at the mo!

Will try to get a couple more done this week; depends on work, as usual . . .

Yellow is the new Green . . .