News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thoasand Sons and there dam 4 or lower strengh crap  (Read 5884 times)

Offline qbann4

• " Soon the Eldar will rise again"
    • none right now
Thoasand Sons and there dam 4 or lower strengh crap
« on: May 2, 2002, 10:45:44 PM »
this is so stupid...thousand suns yuo can attack them only if your weapon is 4 or higher and that means guardins can't attack them  >:(
Eldrad Ulthran of Ulthwe Shadow
"We will rise and the shadow alliance will come and rise again"
Our Brothers...the tau will join us for a new era..The human race will be deleted

Qbann4

Offline Irastill'Nanar

• We strike at night! Irastill`Nanar
Re:Thoasand Sons and there dam 4 or lower strengh crap
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2002, 11:43:58 PM »
shure...guardians cant shoot em...but keep them form a block of your guys around them (1" away) and they cant move either!
"Never stop asking questions, my dear apprentice.  For at one time our race stopped asking questions and it brought about our fall...keep your mind open and clear"
-Farseer Marauth

"War is my master; Death is my mistress"
-Phoenix Lord Maugan Ra

"When the sun sets behind the ridge, and the stars show themselves to those that dwell on the planet's surface, we shall obliterate them."
-Farseer Faranir

"Money = Life, No money = Death...Fact of life!&a

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2002, 10:15:33 AM »
Actually, it takes a st 5 weapon or higher to wound them.  In assualt, this doesn't take affect (hint hint hint).  But of course this takes a toll, they cant chase after a broken enemy, and cant have aspiring champions.

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2002, 06:45:28 PM »
are we talking about the dex rules for standard thousand sons or ia because in ia they can take sorcerers as a asp champ replacement.... very deadly indeed.... and s for the fist post..... the thousand sons are very good at withstanding a weapons barrage so i would suggest to you that you assault them with your guardians, forming a circle around them will take to much time and might make it harder to win since you are focusing on just one unit with 2+ units. the eldar player that i usually play with my ts seems to have great success with using the shuriken cannon on them but the starcannon really does make a mess of the ts so i suggest them

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2002, 10:44:38 PM »
lucky pulse lasers can get em, or the good ol banshee charge
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline StevenSwayze

• You know what I say when it's miller time?
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2002, 12:53:17 AM »
Thousand suns are easlily the weakest of the chaos armies, and in the running for bottom of the barrel(I'm sure Thousand Sons players everywhere were quite elated when the Tau provided that space between them and the bottom of the barrel). Pikachu Said it right on when he said "starcannon" which sadly is an effrective solutions to most problems in the 41st millenium.
"We really shook the pillars of heaven this time, did'nt we Wang." Jack Burton

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2002, 01:49:44 AM »
actually, i said "pulse laser"
1k sons are the coolest looking chaos though
not pink slaaneshi
not tin headed khorne
not nasty nurgle
just cool tzeench
did you know I can draw?

Offline Jehenna

• Almost Purple
  • Ancient
  • 'baka' - Ruri Hoshino of the Nadesico
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2002, 05:26:50 AM »
stand a WL in front of them... it's about the most evil way imaginable to taunt your opponent (unless they have a character in the squad of course).

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2002, 10:05:48 AM »
What is so bad about them? Look that can not be hurt by strengh 5 and lower shooting weapons they have 2 (count them 1-2) wounds and they are standered troops. Who cares if they can't chase enemies. They would probably just shoot them down any way. As Iam a Thousand Sons player ( playing by IA rules) I see them as a fairly good army. Though I probably will have Kroot as fast attack...
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2002, 11:56:35 AM »
everyone ever think about how ridiculous 2 1k armies fighting would be?
cant hurt em with bolters
cant charge either...
did you know I can draw?

Offline Tuisich-Anastari

• Raven Lord of the Alfheim Craftworld
« Reply #10 on: May 4, 2002, 01:23:08 PM »
hahahahahahahaha!!

I can't wait to collect my thousand sons army and face the other guy in my league who plays them from time to time.  ;D
"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different
book than they assume it to be." --Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination

This post is dedicated to all those who never have a post dedicated to them.

Offline elbroth

• only 75 pts...................
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2002, 03:28:48 PM »
heres an efetive way to kill em use your vypers to take out there heavy suport then assault them. i do play them my self though so waht i just said could cost me the odd game :-\
Go here for mass battle fun.    

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=295603

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2002, 05:15:54 PM »

What is so bad about them? Look that can not be hurt by strengh 5 and lower shooting weapons they have 2 (count them 1-2) wounds and they are standered troops. Who cares if they can't chase enemies. They would probably just shoot them down any way. As Iam a Thousand Sons player ( playing by IA rules) I see them as a fairly good army. Though I probably will have Kroot as fast attack...

why not just use possessed... they move 12 inches in their movemoent phase so trhey are fast enough to flank something plus they can assault and if anyone here has used possessed before they have the oputunity to be extremly dangerous....... my personal favorite is to have them with stength increase and either vorpal blades or invulnerable..... to bad you have to rely in dice to get them........

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #13 on: May 5, 2002, 12:39:52 AM »
True but I was talking about actual fast attack choices. I can summon deamon cavellry. Joy. Unfortunently they are elites and I would at tops probably have only 1 or even two squads at the extreme. I would like to see how my opponent reacts when I have the army full of sorcerers  ;D
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #14 on: May 5, 2002, 03:54:18 PM »
i used 2 play 1k sons and 9 or 10 sorcerors in an army is over rated, thousand sons best asset is their ability to just keep walkin 4ward with out sustaining too much damage, but the soreror#'s main asset is he flames of tzeentch with which you cannot move if you want him 2 stay with the squad.
consume the magical plant

Offline Tuisich-Anastari

• Raven Lord of the Alfheim Craftworld
« Reply #15 on: May 5, 2002, 05:16:19 PM »
True, Unknown.  I can't wait until the new Codex comes out with the new sorc. powers.  Hopefully there will be some assault type shooting powers!
"A careful study of the Bible would convince many people that it is a very different
book than they assume it to be." --Loraine Boettner, The Reformed Doctrine Of Predestination

This post is dedicated to all those who never have a post dedicated to them.

Offline Young-King

• Wow...I just owned your WL with my Archon!
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2002, 08:27:01 PM »
Ahhh yes! Thousand Sons! I'm acually starting my army in a few days as I find them to be extremely strong and I just love the Psykers! You Eldar Players all say "Star Cannons." I agree that they are effective, but with two wounds, you would be able to take out one, or just wound one, no big deal. I think Pikachu suggested Banshees, well, I say that banshees suck vs normal marines, so how are they going to do any better against marines that have 2 wounds? Sorcerers are great, my favourite power right now is wind of Chaos: Go up to anything, flamer template, anything TOUCHES(not covered) by it dies on 4+!!! ;D :o They can also give more close combat effectivnes than an aspiring champion with better SW BS and Iniative! My tactic would be to have possessed ready to counter attack with maybe deamons going up the sides, flanking and dreads there to give out some heavy firepower along with a predator! They are also probably the cheapest army to buy!

YK.

Offline Seer_of_the_Flame

• I want some hot cocoa, mum!
    • EldarOnline: The Ultimate Source for Eldar!
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2002, 08:47:48 PM »
Yes, and if they have a full line of regular minis for Thousand Sons, i'm playing Chaos next!

I don't think that Banshees are bad against Marines, but wounding on a 5+ isn't too good.  Power Weapons are great, but the Exarch is supreme against Marines with the Executioner.

Banshees are terrific against Sisters of Battle!
Rollercoaster are fun!

;D:)   :):D  :o:)  8):D<:::::-:::::-:::::-:::::

Offline Young-King

• Wow...I just owned your WL with my Archon!
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2002, 08:51:14 PM »
I asked GW trolls and they said there weren't any 1k Sons coming out soon or at all, so to just buy the new plastics and paint em up 1k sons.

YK.

Offline Skander25

• Big guns are the way.
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2002, 03:08:49 AM »
What´s IA?
And where do you get the rules for deploying 10 sorcerers...? ???