News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Black Library E-Materials  (Read 1385 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Black Library E-Materials
« on: December 1, 2015, 10:13:03 PM »
What the hell have they done with their formats? Previously you could ePub or mobi with their downloads. Now it's some bullamphetamine parrot tablet/mobile format that reads like amphetamine parrot on everything I've tried (PC, iPhone, iPad). They recommend Azardi and such for PCs yet that corrupts some of the fonts (narrative black boxes) so badly they're basically unreadable.

Holy amphetamine parrot guys, not helping.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: Black Library E-Materials
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »
That's why I like the first generation of readers. Sure, they only ever came with one story in them, but the font never changed, and you didn't need batteries. Plus, you could recycle them anywhere. Just leave them out in the rain for a couple days and they'd practically return to the earth for you.

Come to think of it, some did come with multiple "short stories" in them, but most were just one big story that you could read. And the best part, was that they didn't break if you dropped them. You might put a crease in it, but they kept working until they were completely destroyed.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2015, 10:59:04 PM by Spectral Arbor »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: December 1, 2015, 11:10:06 PM »
Here's Helpful's Cousin, Not-Helpful. Love your story, pure spam for this thread of course, but you're being Helpful's Cousin, again.   :-*
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »
Oh, this is a genuine request for technical support. Ok. My bad.

I'd suggest rebooting your devices, and ensuring they're powered up properly.

From there, you may need to update your drivers for those devices. You might need to download upgraded font packages. You will also need to load them.

Unfortunately, your request for assistance does not include the make and models of your devices, so I have no means to determine if such updates / upgrades are available in your market.

If these suggestions are not helpful, please contact the tech support divisions, for the devices in question.

If you find that you're unable to procure updates / upgrades for your devices, that will allow you to view the files to your satisfaction, you may need to purchase a newer device. There is no guarantee that these newer devices will view the files to your satisfaction, but I believe there's a good chance that this would be the case.

If after contacting legitimate tech support, you're still unable to view the files to your satisfaction, my experience is that hard copy versions never change user interface. Books from 100's of years ago still function as well today as they did when they were bound. The "point and slide" method of turning pages is very similar to "swiping" a mobile device, and has a satisfying sound that accompanies it. I feel the book route is a highly satisfying method of intaking information.

Hopefully, this has been more helpful to you. Still admiring your style.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 2, 2015, 12:44:43 PM by Spectral Arbor »