News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: ...Nor their feet touch the earth... (1500pts)  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
...Nor their feet touch the earth... (1500pts)
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:46 PM »
Right. I'm looking at a new force, and for assorted reasons (mostly the gorgeous models and background) looking at the dark kin for the first time in a while.

I want to try something a little odd, and as part of this have set myself a restriction that there are no footsloggers allowed at all (even if they have a transport). After all, you wouldn't want to touch the filthy mon-keigh dirt, would you? You don't know where it's been...

Broadly this means I accept four units; hellions (the baron is a shoe-in as warlord), scourge, reaver jetbikes and razorwing fighters. Since these are also the models I like the most, I have no problem with this.

What I need is advice on tactics and proportions of these units. In 1500 points things are tight. Realistically,  I think I need three hellion units for objective grabbing, preferably full strength for the baron's unit so I have one unit which can take a squad in a fair fight.

well, that plus one decent six-strong jetbike unit - I have quite a lot of respect for these after experiencing a full unit come storming in at neck height at a warhammer world event last year - is about half my 1500 point allowance. Razorwings are gorgeous models, but I'm not sure if three is a good idea or if I'd be better served by two and a scourge or second reaver unit. Plus, upgrades - do you, for example, equip a jetbike squad with both heat lances and cluster caltrops or just one or the other? What about helliarchs?

Any practical experience, tactics and advice welcome...
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Daveseer

• The best cure is a shuriken aspirin.
  • Armies: Eldar
Re: ...Nor their feet touch the earth... (1500pts)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:36:04 PM »
Is this legal without troops?  Don't have a codex handy!
Daveseer

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: ...Nor their feet touch the earth... (1500pts)
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
Baron Sathonyx is one of the dozen or so HQ choices who move things around the force organisation chart. In this case, Hellions become troops.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685