News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Vampire Counts Vampire Lord vs. Vampire Lord, circa 2005  (Read 1345 times)

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
Vampire Counts Vampire Lord vs. Vampire Lord, circa 2005
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »
Hi all,

It's literally been almost a decade since I last thought about Fantasy/40k (or posted on this forum).

However, I have a vague memory of a series of articles, perhaps first in White Dwarf or on the GW website.

The basic premise was this, they took maybe 12 6th edition Vampire Lords from all of the bloodlines, chose 100 points of gear to outfit them with, and then pitted them against each other in 1 on 1 matches. People took different strategies - some built pure summoners, others built Blood Dragon/Strigoi fighters. If I remember right they did a single elimination tournament, and a Blood Dragon defeated a Strigoi in the final.

Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? More importantly, does anyone still have a link for the battle reports? Trying to remember what the Blood Dragon gear was.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Vampire Counts Vampire Lord vs. Vampire Lord, circa 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:44:40 AM »
I do remember it from White Dwarf.  I thought, however, that the Strigoi beat the Blood Dragon in the finale, because I remember being disappointed by the outcome, and I was a Blood Dragon player at the time.

A quick Google search hasn't turned up anything useful, so you might be better off trying to get hold of the copy of White Dwarf which it featured in.  If you remind me over the Easter holiday, I can look through my archive to see if I still have that issue, assuming that nobody else finds an answer for you before then.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente