News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kickstarter: Dark Eldar/Elf and Sisters Of Battle proxy  (Read 2000 times)

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
Kickstarter: Dark Eldar/Elf and Sisters Of Battle proxy
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
Just in case anybody hasn't seen this yet I thought I'd throw it up. Some great concept art so far and given the way their first Kickstarter went the models should be as good. Main intrest will probably be for Dark Eldar/Elf, Sisters and Slaaneshi Daemon players, but IG (Yes I still call them IG) and Inquisitor types may also find something. Or just people who like cool stuff.

Anyway here's the link for the TGG2 kICKSTARTER

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Kickstarter: Dark Eldar/Elf and Sisters Of Battle proxy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:28:55 PM »
Noticed this on Beasts of War and thought the same thing. Not sure about the T & A aspect but each to his own I suppose.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline khaine

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:03:32 PM »
Females miniatures in fantasy/sci-fi to tend to always fall into either cheesecake or comedy ugly but I was pleasantly surprised to see just how wide ranging the concepts were, yeah some is very T&A but there's also a lot more... moderate... stuff and some downright weird and freaky.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »
You're not kidding about the freaky part. The Centaur and Harvester in particular are especially freaky. Don't know about you khaine but, and this isn't a bad thing, I find the actual models pictured a lot less svelte than the art work.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline khaine

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
I’ve noticed it before in some concept-to-model translations, artist goes for something very slender and then the 3D modeller bulks it up, I assume it’s just a case of the artist not having to worry about the process of turning something into a finished item while the guy doing the render has a better knowledge of what will and wont cast.

And no it's not a bad thing, I think the Sisters have found a nice balance in physical form and hold a certain grace in their poses while still looking like they can hold their own in a fight.