News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wargear for 1k point build  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Sharzak

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Wargear for 1k point build
« on: November 7, 2012, 03:57:02 AM »
I'm taking Draigo, ten Paladins, and a Dreadknight.

What wargear do you advise for such a list? Suggestions for getting new models are unwelcome at this time.
I'm thinking a heavy psycannon on the NDK but that's so many points...

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Wargear for 1k point build
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2012, 08:19:21 AM »
My standard loadout for Dreadknights is Teleporter, heavy incinerator and with the new FAQ clarification I'd consider a sword as well. Expensive but very powerful against all opponents.

Paladins need maximum psycannons, a smattering of hammers and the rest halberds. I assume you are taking two squads of 5 to meet the troops requirement but if you take a squad of 10 paladins then the apothecary is worth his points.

Other than that coteaz is a great adition to a paladin list and is only a single extra purchase  ;)

Offline Sharzak

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Wargear for 1k point build
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »
Basically on a lark I wondered how few models I could make and for how cheap with a GK army for 1k points.  The idea is to take ten and then split 'em into 5-man squads for the Troops requirement.  This does only leave me with 40 points to work with for wargear, though.

Coteaz is one of my favorite characters in the lore and one of the most radass models but this is the army list I absolutely have to work with.  An Inquisition army will be my next set of purchases, I think.