News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IG wins for the day  (Read 328 times)

Offline Commissar Speer

• Officer Commanding 7th Cadian Rifles
    • Federation frontier
IG wins for the day
« on: July 12, 2003, 11:58:37 AM »
Well its the first saturday of EoT and 2 IG wins have gone in.

1st game: Insurrection (big battle): It was my 2000 point guard,2000 ponts of space wolves and about 1250 points of ulthwe strike forrce against 7000 points of death guard (and typhus).

The Ulthwe strike force and half the space wolves arym faired rather badly on the right flank. They held but got pretty wrecked in cc (althoug  the avatar stood surrounded by plague marines for 3 turns and was there at the end of the game!).

on my flank we totally owned them. Their flank had collapsed by the 3rd turn (4 turns were played). Mainly due to 2 basilisks and a leman russ (on the 2nd turn you could see 3 nice round holes where the ordnanace had been, 15 plague marines fell to 3 blasts!). We finished Typhus and the remaining squad in cc.

This was a great game. Our objective:Protect the 2 bunkers, kill typhus. Thier objective: destroy the bunkers and imperial defenders.

In the end they killed 1 bunker, we still held a bunker and had killed typhus by game end. Mainly due to my casualties of 5 guardsmen the staff decided it was an imperial win.

2nd Game:1on1 Cleanse: 1000 points IG vs 1000 points of plague marines.

This guy was too intent on destroying me and relied too much on his terminators. He left 7 plague marines and a luitenant behind a hill ALL Game!!!!.

6 of his terminators died to my shooting before theyt got to close combat, his last one killing 2 guardsmen then falling to a power fist.

I took one quarter in the first turn with 10 guard, didnt lose one of them all game and the quarter wasnt ocntested all game.

I took a 3rd quarter with 10 guardsmen and it was contested by 3 plague marines (The other 4 had died to a basilisk shot). I had killed 2 by the end of the game and the lone man was not enough to contest the quarter.

Winds of Choas and nurgles rot from one of his 2 luitenant in CC was kinda deadly (6 to winds of chaos and 9 to nurgles rot or something) but the luitenant died too.

In the end 3 quarters to me and 1 to him occupied by an untouched squad (7 plague marines and a luitenant)

These were some good battles. oh BTW guys, wins in store count as 10 victories! Whereas if you report them online it only counts as 1! PLAY INSTORE!
win/loss/draw for EoT using IG

5/8/0

Member of the prestigious 40K.ca Imperial Guard Commissariate

Comissar Speer-Formerly known as Captain Nemes

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
Re:IG wins for the day
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 12:43:49 PM »
damn

i wish i could have seen the 7000 pt game

sounds really cool.
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 11:06:39 PM »
Repent! Repent!

Good work soldier! Keep it up! Hurrah! Hurrah!
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Colonel Twisting Shadow

• Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I was told to get a life; so I bought more figs...
  • Armies: What don't I play?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 12:06:56 AM »
how big was the table for the 7k game?

-Angel
Hey! I know!  Let's focus on building army lists, instead of silly custom titles and command structures, yeah?

From the days of the doctorines.
RIP-Goyder, Koonitz, and Jenkins.  Honour them.

Armies:
ORDER: Elysians 2k5, Armored battlegroup 2k5, Infantry Guard 2k, Dark Angles 4k5, Grey Knights 2k
DISORDER: Chaos 3k, Daemons 2k Dark Eldar 2k5, Nids 2k, Orks 2k5
I'm both proud and ashamed of those numbers...

Offline Commissar Speer

• Officer Commanding 7th Cadian Rifles
    • Federation frontier
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 10:42:53 AM »
how big was the table for the 7k game?

-Angel
approx length 50" by 25" width
win/loss/draw for EoT using IG

5/8/0

Member of the prestigious 40K.ca Imperial Guard Commissariate

Comissar Speer-Formerly known as Captain Nemes

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 02:26:21 PM »
i was just in a 1700pt. tournament and the forces of the imperium triumphed!!!! credit goes to the brave space wolves, the sisters of battle, and of course, the might of the imperial guard!(majority of the points came from me and the space wolf kid)