News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need help for an army!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Stratovadis

Need help for an army!
« on: October 27, 2002, 01:57:21 AM »
Hi to all, I need opinion. I´m making an army for a local league of 5 weeks. My necron army its going to be a very shooty style. Only scarab bases to assault. I don´t know what else to put in. Some people tell me to put 2 units of 20 warriors each, but I am not very sure. Any suggestion its accepted. Te league will be 1500pts.

Offline Pinhead

• [Smart statement that changes your view on life]
    • Pinhead's Warhammer 40k Models
Re:Need help for an army!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 03:38:58 AM »
If your going to be shooty then you should at least max out one immortal squad, one destroyer squad and one heavy destroyer squad. Maybe a lord with ressurection orb and veil of darkness that can lead your immortals. If you still have points to spend then you might want to get another squad of immortals or destroyers.

Offline Pinhead

• [Smart statement that changes your view on life]
    • Pinhead's Warhammer 40k Models
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 03:48:04 AM »
If you'll be playing a mission that allowes deep strike you might want to try a monotlith and a full warrior squad. So you could deep strike the monolith on the enemy units and then release the warrior squad from reserves, out of the monolith portal and into the fray, then go mad with gauss flux arches and particle whips.

Offline SledgeHammer

• Listen to Papa bear's message.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2002, 04:55:26 PM »
Just look back at the 2'nd page. There you'll find tons of this questions with millions of answers.
"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."