News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: In need of help!!!  (Read 341 times)

Offline commander_vas

In need of help!!!
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:38:48 PM »
Okay my army is off to an okay start.
Im making a undivied Black Legion and im starting simple but i need some help
So far my army consits of
12 Khorne Bezerkers
8 Death Gaurd
1 Rhino
1 Terminator Comander

As you can see I need some help I have no idea what to focus on but Im thinking that I need more regular marine squads but im not sure please help!!!! ;D
PRAISE CHAOS AND DAMN THE FALSE EMPEROR

Offline rightfire

Re: In need of help!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
1st of all.

You have more than enough basic marine squads.

In the main rule book, it states the min required troop choices is 2. You have 2 troop choices, and that's all you ever need for any pt value.

2nd.

You definately need a daemon prince. Currently, a winged slaanesh prince with lash of submission is the best choice.

3rd, since Special characters got better, get either kharne the betrayer, or abbadon depending on preferance.

4th. Definately get a greator Daemon. 100pt for a greator daemon is a steal.

5th. You could get some anti-tank with chaos havocs with 4 autocannons.

6th. Drop the rhino, rhinos have become coffins of death ever since the 4th edition rules came out.

Death guard and berserkers are both good troop choices, but you don't need max squad sizes. When given the choice, always stick with min-squad sizes of 5.

So, my advice is basically to minimize troop choices. And spend most of your pts on HQ choices, some anti-tank havocs with autocannons, and possible some fast attack, like raptors. And avoid death coffins like the rhino.

Also avoid getting vehicles in general. If your army doesn't have a single vehicle. All specific anti-vehicle weapons that your enemy picked like haywire grenades will be completely useless. 
When you have fought over 1000 battles, all you see is death

- Dawn of War

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: In need of help!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:02:09 PM »
You can never go wrong with More Chaos Marines, after that try and get one thing from each force organization slot. Predators are quite good heavy support choices as they are very tough, and have good firepower.

Unfortunately, I would Dissuade new Chaos Codex lists from being posted as the codex is not officially out on shelves yet, so it's not fair to list build when not everyone has a chance to get it, so I will need to lock the thread. Please be sure to read the stickies, thank you.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria