News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 IG list with BA allies (different then the one in SM board)  (Read 864 times)

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
So made a list using the allies rules :)

C&C appreciated

HQ
Lord Commissar                     90 (joins Bastonne's Vets)
- Boltgun, P. Fist, Meltabombs
Captain Tycho (normal)         xxx (joins Assault Squad)

Elites
Marbo                                  xxx

Troops
Veterans                              170
- Plasmaguns 3x, Harker
Veterans                              190
- Plasmaguns 3x, Autocannon, Vox, Bastonne
Death Company 7x               290
- JP 7x, P. Sword 1x, P. Axe 2x
Assault Squad 5x                  405
- Meltagun, P. Axe, Meltabombs
- Land Raider: E.A., Multi-Melta

Fast Attack
Rought Riders                        55

Heavy Support
Manticore                             160
Hydra's                                150

Total Points 1750

Why Captain Tycho?
Well due to his Deadman's hand. He simply ignores all armour saves no fuzzle with AP/Uwieldy etc :)
Why the 1 Vox? It has saved my orders way to many times for me not to spend the meagre points on it in his squad.

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
Re: 1750 IG list with BA allies (different then the one in SM board)
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2012, 12:59:47 AM »
I would say not enough survivable troops troops in general, 20 guardsmen aren't that hard to kill, and the same goes for 5 marines, 2-3 turns of concentrated fire power and you can only hope to score the 3 extra objectives (first kill etc.)

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline The Unseenly Invincible

• Without laughter there is no slaughter
  • Armies: Nonimperial guardthings, and some blue communists
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2012, 02:18:08 AM »
Well, I'd ditch upgrades on the Lord Commissar, unless you plan pushing forward with him. I wouldn't actually take any upgrades at all - the dude's still awfully soft for his relative points cost, so just no.

I wouldn't take Marbo or the roughriders. Spend the points on troops.

I wouldn't take the LR. It's terribly expensive, and the assault marines get slaughtered as soon as they take a step outside of it. Use the points from the LR to beef up your assault squad to 10, 2x Meltaguns, Psword/Fist. Then used remaining points on troops.

I consistently see too much points being put into soft units (your vets). Either buy Chimeras (which aren't that bad in 6th ed as most people presume - they still serve their basic functions), or take infantry blobs. You get slightly better survivability and firepower for about the same points cost.
Always absent from school... | Tzeentch's Teddybear | Making Guardsmen aerodynamic since 2003! | Yes, it will hurt. No, I don't care | In Soviet Russia Guardsman kills you

Offline O lager

• Duty Ends only in Death
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2012, 01:46:30 PM »
I have been thinking about the allies myself.  I think it can work well with the right balance.  IG does the fire support and the Marines launch a surgical strike.  Personally I think you need more IG support if you want that to work.  With the change in the Power of the Machine Spirit rule I would say drop Marbo and the Death Company and use the points to field a platoon and 2 chimeras for either the vets or the platoon your choice that way the chimera will act like a shield for the LR.  Plus a could extra bodies to help the Marines.

You could even give one chimera to Harker and one to a PCS and still get 20 or 30 man blob to hold an objective and provide fire support.

Also the since you don't need the LD boost why not switch the LC with a Primas Pysker the new powers could help out.

Either way I would like to hear how your game turns out using the allies.

Good Luck
The Emperor Protects