News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Old tyranid strains  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Though I walk though the valley...
    • Realm of Runes
Old tyranid strains
« on: September 1, 2002, 02:40:25 AM »
"Iyanden was all but engulfed as Horde after Horde of Tyranid Warriors, Genestealers, Hunter Slayers and Scream Killers were disgorged from the Hive Swarms onto the Craftworld."

who knows what Hunter slayers and Scream killers are? should they be added to the bring back the zoats petition?

Offline Hivemind

Re:Old tyranid strains
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2002, 10:43:56 AM »
I've never heard of any Tyranid creatures by those names, and I think that they may be Eldar terms for existing tyranid species.  Hunter Slayers could either be Lictors or hormagaunts (probably Lictors), Scream Killers sound like old style Carnifex with bioplasma - the scream comes from the sound made when the bioplasma is generated.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline MightyGodzilla

• How'd the hell I get here?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2002, 12:29:29 PM »
Geez,

You guys are pretty new to this eh???

Screamer-Killers (not Scream Killers) are what they used to called the Carnifex's.  If you look at the old model for it, it had eight scythe shaped arms and it looked like it was yelling.  Hence the name.  It could produce a plasma ball capable of doing tank like damage with the scream.

Hunter Slayers are termigaunts.  The gaunts with the guns.

They weren't Eldar names for the species.  Everyone, particularly Space Marines and Imperal Guard used to call them by those names.  GW totally changed a bunch of stuff when they released the 3rd edition Codex.  They did a good job on it too..

Lates

-Dave
You say Evil like it's a bad thing.

Callidus

« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2002, 10:25:03 PM »
Ahh yes, the old names. Way cooler if you asked me. I mean, would you be afriad of a Termegaunt or a Hunter Killer!?!
SCREAMER-KILLERS! ;D

Offline Insidious Heresy

• General, Hero of Medusa V
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2002, 11:05:57 PM »
hunter-slayer would be a better name for the Lictor than it is for a termagaunt and idk about not being scary.... ever met a disagreeable, shrewish woman?... those are just terrifying
« Last Edit: September 3, 2002, 11:06:58 PM by Insidious Heresy »

Offline Raven Nevermore

• The Highborn
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Though I walk though the valley...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #5 on: September 4, 2002, 12:00:02 AM »
to it appears i have just come across old data. i thought i had discovered an ancient tyranid species. oh well, not to be, maybe next time....

Callidus

« Reply #6 on: September 4, 2002, 11:28:15 PM »
If there is a next time...
*looks shift eyed*
*supense music*
DUN DUN DUHHHHH!!!!

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #7 on: September 5, 2002, 08:29:47 PM »
I like that tyranid tank thing thats named affter some human excrament gland. I think it starts with an e. maybe it is a digestive organ that makes acid like a liver?