News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: (backstory, leading to a progressive theme list)  (Read 1729 times)

Offline pepsi

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
(backstory, leading to a progressive theme list)
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »
Commander Shas`o n`dras B`mont`yr or to his followers the "bloodied shephard" remains in the eyes of the Ethereals despite the history of N`dras.

To his followers, he provides them, much in what he believes O`shovah intends for them. A realization that the philosophies the Ethereals preach are mere questionable irrationalities. 

The beginning in such the shephard believes, were that the tau who fought and lived so long ago had a solution solved by the Ethereals, as the times changed, the answers to the universe must now rely on the answers the Tau give themselves.

It may be in part influenced by the world of N`dras.

Despite such thoughts, he is still relatively inexperienced compared to that of O`shovah and O`Shaserra and in such, goes to unorthodox means to keep a force. with this as such it is not unknown for "the bloodied shephard" to recruit human allies.But he is only forced to with the goal of finding a home.

(still twinking it but slash if you need to, I think this is respectable)
(also if you would like more, just let me know, this is actually fun.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:24:36 PM by pepsi »

Offline The Orange

Re: (backstory, leading to a progressive theme list)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11:28 AM »
Sounds pretty good, I like the idea of darker Tau, and perpetrate it myself in my cadre.  Keep working on it  ;).

Offline pepsi

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
"The bloodied shephard" guides his people from world to world, attempting evasion at all costs to reach the enclaves. If there is to be a home, if at all possible, Farsight must be the answer.

However with the "seperation." the Ethereals have launched investigation on the matter, and even in such places as N`dras, peace must riegn in the empire. Soon if not sooner, "the bloodied shephard" must fight his own race, in order to save his people from the Ethereals that cared not for their life.

(almost looks like a campaign)

The following may not be taken in a "bloodied shephard" army.

Ethereals, Kroot, Vespid, pirahna skimmers, broadsides, pathfinder teams, xv8 crisis battlesuit team, tau sniper drone teams.

firewarriors count as 0-2

Stealth teams count as 0-2

and the following forces are counted as 0-1

Skyray missile defence gunships

Hammer heads

Special rules

Comrad brothers

"the bloodied shpehard" deems self protection best suited to his only trusted, as such units other then Shas`vre bodyguards may not join him.

Firewarrior scarcity

Firewarrior squads are limited to 6-8

Resource rationing

"The bloodied shephard" reserves usages of equipment, as such firewarrior teams may only field photon grenades, and either pulse rifle or carbine. The Shas`ui may only choose from the following bonding knife, or a hard wired target lock. They may choose a devilfish to go along with them.

No twin linked weapons be used.

no special issue items are allowed, it remains dubious that they would be allowed such an honor.

no drones other then as a fast attack choice.

Stealth teams are relied upon for multipurpose items, as such may field their regular weapon selections.

vehicles be they limited acquire more of the resources, as such may also take thier regular selections

Only "the bloody shephard" may don the shield generator, he and his bodyguard may select freely from the options available. 

Tau gue`la

Standard rules apply

(any mods let me know, because I wish to use this in my army)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:05:17 PM by pepsi »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »
Sounds like you're rewriting Xenophon's "march to the sea" with the 10,000.

Now, I don't like the fluff you've added. Not merely as you've painted the Ethereals as "bad people". My main issue is that you've made this group too unlikely to exist. Farsight didn't fight his way out of the Empire, he merely didn't come back to it when ordered. The same with his Cadre. Farsight was also operating at the end, if not beyond, Tau supply lines and thus it's not too out of bounds for him to have carried within him suitable Earth Caste support in the manner of manufacturing and maintenance facilities (probably mounted in Air Caste capital ships or Manta delivered prefabricated facilities). Your Cadre wouldn't have needed such logistical support and thus now would be without it.

Tau fighting Tau is a bad thing. Farsight hasn't, so far, gone that far yet your Cadre seems to be almost looking forward to it. If this Cadre were to openly engage other Tau forces it would only prove the Aun correct in that their guidance is required else barbarism returns. I'm sure that's not the message you want to send.

Rather than fighting your way out of the Empire just place them outside it in the first place. Save on much hand waving needed. As an aside, how are the Cadre being transported? Disloyal Air Caste as well?
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Ukos Sa'cea Rienn

• It's good to be back...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
I have to agree.

This army seems incredibly unlikely. Not only in that, as has been said, they seem to not only openly hate the ethereals and look forward to fighting other Tau, but also, it seems to me that your commander its totally nuts.

He so paranoid he almost won't allow body guards to join him, but is entirely ok with fully equipped Human squads fighting along side himself.

Also, you claim that you have a scarcity of both fighters and equipment. Undeniably so, since you directly state it in the fluff above. However, you claim that your vehicles can have any equipment they like because of their scarcity, but that you firewarriors are scarce and STILL get next to nothing available. That seems like flawed reasoning to me. Not only that, but your human squads still get their normal equipment? IF your Tau have scarce equipment, wouldn't the small number of humans have incredibly scarce equipment? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I just don't understand the idea properly, or how Gue'la work, but I still thought that to be odd..

Admittedly, I dislike the idea that the ethereals are bad. I tend to think, however naively that may be, that ethereals are, in fact, acting for the greater good. :P

Ah well. To each their own.

I'd like to see where this goes, but I will comment if I think things sound too far off...

Good luck with future endeavors!

-Ukos
Congratulations to everyone who took part in the 40kOnline Fiction Contest, and thanks to everyone who voted!

To see the results, visit the Contest Page!

Offline pepsi

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »
a resentment for the ethereals belongs to n`dras, communication is lapse. I still am figuring if n`dras has some feasible amount of ability to create, as it was a second phase colony.

From what I understand it is either a deathworld, or is not. If for the reason it is not a deathworld, then lets play the what if game if it has production capabilities, the tau who live there, what were they originally comprised of? who is to say there was no air caste remnants, or even a commander.

(Im stabbing in the dark here, GW doesnt really get into the nitty gritty)

And the paranoia thing is to a degree right, but could you also consider that maybe a commander has different viewpoints when expending his resources?

I limit the ship, but give them their options simply because "the bloodied shephard" places alot of faith into the items. Wherebe the items the firewarriors use are designed strictly to how he sees it.

The humans he arms to a degree more, since he uses them more then his firewarriors. I assume they carry lasguns because of the easy supplying. (could be a mercenary human compilation, or merely guns bought from the water caste merchants.) The point about it is economics.

For the record, his resentment is geared towards ethereals, the part depicting inevitabilities against other tau is something they will face, even if they hate to come to it. I assume the ethereals began a pursuit unit. They realize talks cannot occur.

But maybe the o`shovah part was not needed, I just based this after that breakaway faction.

oh yeah death to the ethereals.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:28:19 PM by pepsi »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:31:25 PM »
You do remember that from what scarce information we have, the colony was evacuated over 50 years ago? The Tau being the Tau I doubt they left behind much of anything as that would be a waste.  Are you back dating this fluff prior to the voluntary evacuation?
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline pepsi

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »
More or less, it still remains unclear to me,

The tau did abandon the place, however some stood behind, relatively the amount is not stated, i could only assume between maybe a few hundred to a thousand but I could be overestimating the populace.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:56:03 PM by pepsi »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »
Where are you getting the idea that some Tau stayed behind on N'das? Also remember that due to the short life times of the Tau the majority of those who used to live on N'das are now dead.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline pepsi

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:04:48 PM »
page 18 tau empire

For reasons unkown, this world was voluntarily abandoned by the tau nearly half a century ago. The few remaining tau from N`dras are regarded as being untrustworthy and are generally of quicker temper and brooding countenance.

They even list a sept symbol

either bad story consideration, or GW is trying to provoke that the world had its history and the Tau are trying to rebuild

Either way, I feel my story works, just get rid of o`shovah enclave dreams, and it will be fine. :
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:06:09 PM by pepsi »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 09:06:40 PM »
Few remaining means in the Empire not still on N'das. Those remaining are also elderly.  ;)
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline pepsi

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
i didnt feel the smile was worth it, so be it, "the bloodied shephard" shall continue

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Just make something up concerning one of Farsight's Shas'els. Be far less painful in the long run.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline pepsi

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »
His underlings?

Hmm potential, thank you.

but still the ethereals must die.

(