News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New To Tau Army Composistion Question!  (Read 465 times)

Offline Lieutenant Mack

• Lieutenant
  • For the Emperor!
New To Tau Army Composistion Question!
« on: March 1, 2005, 07:28:40 PM »
Ok I have just started a Tau Army after selling off about 8000 of my 12000 points of guard(dont ask why I had so much guard!)
Heres what I have so far: (P.S. this is NOT an army list, jusrt a list of models I own)

HQ:
Shas'o
Ethereal

ELITE:
6 XV8 Crisis Suits
5 XV15 Stealth suits(includes 1 Shas'Vre)

Troops:
4 X 12 Man Fire Warrior squads
2 X 20 Kroot Squads

FAST:
1 X 8 Man Pathfinder Squad(w/ devilfish)
2 X 8 Drone squads(I actually have 34 drone models, but some are going in squads and such)

HEAVY:
Nothing yet!

Ok I think I am going to load up on Hammerheads unless you think other wise? Broadsides dont seem to be as effective or am I missing something?

Thoughts?

Listen up you slack jawed maggots. Until you are lucky enough to die by the Emperors grace, you will do what I say without question, without concern for your own safety, and without hesitation. Do I make myself clear?

Offline edible

Re: New To Tau Army Composistion Question!
« Reply #1 on: March 1, 2005, 11:24:17 PM »
take commanders for HQ

fish may be worth it depending on how you play

hammerheads are more mobile and have anti-horde power but broadsides have more raw anti-tank

not bad though but you need heavy support

Offline deadrose

• LONG LIVE FARSIGHT WITH OUT HIM THERE IS NO LIGHT
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2005, 12:23:24 AM »
Keep away from the xv88 there only going to die in 1st if lucky 2sd turn hammer head is the way to go make sure you move over 6' so thay can only be glance.
 Your fire warrior squad get 3 of them an devil fish dont buy an shas'ui or any carbines and no bloody bonding its crap the 4th fire warrior squad has the honour of being
 aun'shi wounds get him hes the best.

Get six more xv15 suits work both squads together,xv8 get a shas'el TL missile pod plasma  multi-tracker stay away from a shas'o,get 2 xv8 shas'ui missile plasma
  mult-tracker never ever get drones for them makes them a bigger target you got the hop use it.

Are now for fast attack dont use path finders nothing lower then 2000 point games i say 2 words GUN DRONES.
  These sucker's are mad great bad ass try and get two squad's of 8 and deep strike them  for rear armour 11,10 tanks to destroy.

P.S  You might have to buy a few more units but you will have an ass kicker of an army,good luck shas'ui Mack.   
« Last Edit: March 2, 2005, 11:24:20 PM by deadrose »
TILL END TILLL THE END OF ALL I WILL REST
 NOT TILL THEN TILL THE END AS I CALL FOR
 THE END O'SHOVAH O'SHOVAH O'SHOVAH

Offline iDay

« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »
I would get 1 squad of broadsides and 2 hammerheads for your heavy support. Give the broadsides some drones, and they can last quite a while. Also with 34 drones, you should try to get drones is every squad that can have them.

P.S have you thought about crisis configs yet?