News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt fluffly Ghost warrior list  (Read 214 times)

Offline Invisible Elephant

• peanuts! *glee* OMNOMNOMNOM
    • DeviantART
1500pt fluffly Ghost warrior list
« on: January 18, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
ok, here's a list i thought up yesterday. i'm trying to keep more to the fluff of a iyanden army whilst having my own craftworld.

HQ
Solarus Sunblade (Yriel with different background(is this legal in tournaments))
Solaris Sunbeam, Farseer with jetbike, doom and mind war

ELITE
6x Wraithguard
10x Harlequin's, with shadowseer and all with Harlies kisses

TROOP
10x Wraithguard with spiritseer with enhance and singing spear
10x Guardians with Scatter laser (last remnants of civilian eldar)

HEAVY SUPPORT
3x D-cannons (wraithguard weapons, thought they would fit the theme)
Wraithlord with scatter laser and EML

Any suggestions.
Note: I don't want any aspects, and will only include one tank at the most, if any.
it says in the codex you may take A unit of ten wraithguard as troops. Does this mean you can only take one, or is it just refering to having to have ten wraithguard.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 04:29:00 PM by cionnaith83 »
TRUMPET!!!

Offline trevorthefrog

Re: 1500pt fluffly Ghost warrior list
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »
hmm well this could work
however if you want your army to perform a bit better you'll inevitably have to abandon the fluff
for example if you're taking a support weapon platform i'd recomment vibrocannons as they do quite well at range against vehicles, although you do have the wraith cannons to deal with them
also aspect warriors are extremely useful and because you have basically no long range weapons or fast stuff it's going to be more difficult
you might find yourself in trouble when somebody with a much more mobile army starts dancing around you shooting you outside your 12" range wraithcannons and shuriken cats
your farseer sounds great though, and harlequins rule 8)

Offline Straker

• Armies: Eldar, Tryanid
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:15:56 AM »
I think if you got in a single falcon for transporting a unit that would help with what trevor said. not completely fix, but immensely help with fast attack. DONT replace the wraithlord as he will help keep the falcon alive :) Also, does your farseer on a jetbike seems a bit out of place. perhaps a chance to save 30 pts by dropping the bike?

Offline trevorthefrog

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »
ya straker might be right on this one
with such a slow army there might not be much point having a fast farseer
i'm personally a big fan of things that move fast 'cause i'm very scared of things shooting me
i've tried footslogging orks and it's very difficult to avoid enemy fire - i haven't exactly been successful on this one
eldar also don't always have the greatest saves or toughness so that's why i like the fast stuff
but then again, you're playing wraithguard and T6 and 3+ sv is very good

Offline Invisible Elephant

• peanuts! *glee* OMNOMNOMNOM
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »
the reason the farseer has a jetbike, is because i've used it previously and found it to work a treat. Fluff wise, he would kind of move himself psychicly so that he was hovering, instead of actually riding a jetbike.

what about ditching the D-cannons, and replacing them with a falcon. THe reason i didn't have a tank is that i figured that all of the war vehicles would have been dsestryoed by Kraken, so there numbers would be limited. THe d-cannons represented the last remaining guns of the craftworld.

HOw many wraithguard can fit in a falcon, as i've found that harlies work best as foot sloggers.
TRUMPET!!!