News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Starting Necrons, haven't played since 6th ed.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
Starting Necrons, haven't played since 6th ed.
« on: May 11, 2021, 11:22:39 AM »
Hiya!

Starting a Necron force for/with my 11 year-old, and figured it might be a good idea to ask some simple dos and don'ts.

I don't know anything about the Necrons, and haven't played since the 6th ed, I think. Started at the 2nd, long, so very long time ago... :-)

Basically we've been playing the old 6th edition until now, but now as we're getting to Necrons, we don't have codex yet and it occurred to me that some models might be too new for the older editions, I've never had any opponents who played Necrons before either.

So any tips and info would be very welcome! :-)
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
Re: Starting Necrons, haven't played since 6th ed.
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2023, 06:15:26 AM »
Wow this place or really dead. Not one reply in several years.
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2023, 11:39:26 AM »
You were asking about sixth edition at the time when the community was playing ninth edition.  Consequently, it was always going to be optimistic to expect a response.  Even when there were more active members, responses to out-of-date edition questions were usually difficult to come by.

The Necron board was always one of the quieter boards that relied on a small number of veteran players to keep it going.  These players have either stopped playing, left, or both.  Unfortunately, nobody has come through to replace them, hence replies are likely to be few and far between.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2023, 11:47:23 AM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2024, 12:09:26 AM »
I'll throw in a reply... necrons are in a really good spot for 10th. I've been enjoying them a lot.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword