News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) Vs Necrons (Plus two more)  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
I went to gamesworkshop early today. Played three games. Yay! I used a slightly different list each game.

The core of my list was..

Nyarlathotep (Deceiver).
Lord w/Destroyer Body, Phase Field, Warscythe.
Two ten man warrior squads.
Two three man destroyer squads.
One unit of 8 scarabs with D-Fields.
Two tomb spiders.
one unit of two heavy destroyers.

= no more than 1500pts.

My first opponent wanted to add in a couple more points, so I added a unit of seven flayed ones.

His list was as such.

Deceiver
Lord w/Viel and Res-Orb
One unit of Immortals
Two 15 man units of warriors with D-Fields
one 5 man destroyer unit
one three man wraith unit

Necrons Vs Necrons.

We rolled a spearhead deployment and Secure and Control with three objectives. One on Mount Grey Skull, one to the bottom left of it, and on near a hill at the top right of the table.

He wont the roll to go first, and kept his warriors in the back some in some ruins and others behind cover. His destroyers were kept back as well. Immortals, Deceiver and wraiths all deployed forward at the edge of the mountain.

I mirrored his move. Destroyers held back. Warriors sanwitched between the tomb spiders and Nyarlathotep put forward. My lord and scarabs were kept up front too. Flayed ones outflanked.

Turn 1.

Destroyers flew north, Wraiths lept to the top of the skull mountain, with immortals and Deceiver close behind.

His destroyers shoot at my one tomb spider, and after careful petting and some TLC my spider passes all his many armour saves. His Deceiver attempts some deceiving shenanigans, but fails.

I send my Deceiver up, my spiders kinda just randomly shuffle, warriors begin snaking left, with my scarabs and lord turbo-boosting next to a house on the left. My destroyer armada shifts to the east and north a bit.

My warriors shooting, kills off all the Wraiths, while the destroyers take two wounds off his Deceiver.

Turn 2.

His Lord VoD's next to the objective on the right, but scatters far out of range of rapid-deathing my destroyers. His deceiver walks over to my deceiver a bit, while my opponent realizes that his destroyers should shoot at my deceiver too, and moves accordingly.

The deceiver deceives one of my warrior squads, which then run off the table...But his shooting is complexity without any results.

Right. Loosing the warriors was pretty amphetamine parrotty, but as long as I still had the other squad, I was still able to win, as long as I could keep him off other objectives. I sent my Tomb Spiders to go play with his VoD squad, while Nyarlathotep crept closer to the mountain. Lord and Scarabs jump right next to the one warrior squad.

Shooting allows me to drop another couple wounds off the Deceiver with my Destroyers, while my spiders just run. The lord and Scarabs charge into combat, but the lord totally junks all his attacks and I end up loosing six wounds worth of scarabs and combat by three by the end of it..But I hold in.

Turn 3

His Deceiver wants to go beat up mine. The VoD Lord, notices the incoming monstrous creatures and zaaps the warriors away, but they get a mishap and vanish into the warp..for now... Deceiver Deceives my other warrior squad, which also fails their leadership test and run off the table...  :'(

His Deceiver attempts a charge on mine, but I misdirect next to his immortals.

In my lords combat, he manages to actually kill one warrior, but still looses combat. Thankfully nothing terrible happens.

Now it was payback time. Spiders shuffle around, now that their target is gone. Flayed ones jump onto the one objective. My destroyers succeed in dropping my opponents C'tan, while Mine then charges his immortals and chomps them all to death. The other combat is the same as always. Lord keeps sucking. Nyarlathotep consolodates closer to the VoD Warrior squad.

Turn 4.

My opponent figures, that with rapid-fire and multiple squads shooting, he could kill off my C'tan. Lord and warriors come back into 12" range of my Deceiver, and destroyers get Los. All fire, and all fail to cause a wound.

My destroyers, now free to engage new targets, kill off all my opponents Destroyers. Deceiver charges the Warriors squad and misses all his attacks..I don't like talking about my lord anymore.

Turn 5.

Warriors VoD back, next to the hill, to try and shoot Deceiver again. Pretty much since I have units on all the other objectives. Nothing happens.

Deceiver and a spider creep closer to the Warriors. Spider shoots some. Destroyers join in too a bit, and drop a few more. Deceiver charges, but fails to break the unit.

Turn 6

He veils onto the hill at the top right of the table. Shoots my Flayed ones, three keel over.

My three flayed ones get back up. Deciver charges and kills the last of the warriors on the left flank, while the destroyers, flayed ones and the one tomb spider prevent my opponent for any chance of capturing the objective. I shoot a bit, and flayed ones charge, but I cannot cause his squad to break Though, there was like two left.

Game ends. Funny enough, if it was one more turn my opponent would have phased out. Damn you fate!!

But alas, a Draw. Fun game. Awesome opponent and his 'crons looked sweet. He had a really wicked-cool Deceiver before, but sold it so is using his scratch build 'till he gets a better one.

I have two other reports I will write up later. But only have time to do one right now :) One is against a fellow member of this site's eldar. Another agaisnt Daemons.

Saw one of these too.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:13:21 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
Re: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) Vs Eldar.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
In my second game, I met up with mafty from these very boards.

My memory is failing me about the specifics, so the report may not be a totally accurate representation of what happened.

I used the same list as the previous game, without the extra flayed ones.

His list had the following (from what I remember).

Farseer with Doom.
Dire Avengers with bladestorm in Wave Serpent. (Farseer in this one IIRC)
Guardians with Flamers, close combat wepons and Warlock with heavy flamer in Wave serpent.
Guardians with rifles, scatter laser and warlock with morale ability.
Striking scorpions (large squad)
Two Wraithlords with missile launcher, flamers and bright lance
Fire Dragons in wave Serpent

Mission was capture and control with five objectives, Spearhead Deployment. I seemed to get that a lot.

Um, generally my thoughts were that the three monster creatures he had, were much better on average then mine. I knew that two objectives were close to my table edge, so I would be able to keep my warriors in reserve and they could get onto the objectives in one or two turns, without being shot too much. Besides that, as long as I could stall or disrupt the rest of his force then I would be alright. Kept the lord and scarabs in reserve, as with turbo-boost they can get halfway up the table the turn they come in.

Right, so he deploys first. Scorpians and Avatar hiding behind skull mountain (Common to find on this world it seems). The rest of the force sticks back and out of sight.

I kept my destroyers back, with my monsters in front. Lord, Scarbs, and warriors in reserve.

Turn1

The fire dragons serpent zooms east, while the other two leap out of cover and head to the mid-point of the table. Avatar and Scorpions sneak closer to me. One of the Wraithlords shoots at my one tomb spider and nukes it.

In my turn, the destroyers shift to the right, while the Deceiver heads to intercept the avatar, while the spider leaps into a crater and makes a pet. My shooting stuns the Fire Dragons serpent. I tried to shoot his guardians on his objective, but was unfortunatly (for me) Out of range.

Turn 2

Avatar and his bodyguard get closer to Deceiver, Serpents follow behind. A lot of shots are fired at the Deceiver, no wounds are caused.

My destroyers scoot forward a bit more. They fire are one of the wraithlords, and take a wound off one. Deceiver Pins the Scorpions (Hurrah for C'tan breaking as many rules as they can!), while he charges the avatar, and the Spider charges the stunned Falcon. The Deceiver is unsuccessful in killing the avatar, causing only one wound, but the spider knocks the wave serpent out of the sky.
One warrior squad came in this turn, and came in behind a hill in the bottom right of my table quarter.

Turn 3.

The close combat guardians wave serpent drops in beside the combat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/killersquid/warhammer/IMG_3096.jpg
There is shooting at my Heavy Destroyers, knocking them both out (I forget from where). The fire dragons kill the spider (which was rather expected). Deceiver pops out of combat.

Deceiver Re-charges the Avatar, and kills it, while my destroyers kill all but one of the Fire Dragons, the lone survivor runs away.

My Lord and Scarabs also come in, and Turboboost up the left side of the board.

Turn 4

mafty's left-most wraithlord moved to intercept my Lord and Scarabs, and it's flamers nuke a good number of the little buggers. His other wraithlord, and skimmer tanks shoot at the C'tan, taking off a couple of wounds.

Now, for me it was a tough decision to not charge the Scorpions with the Deceiver. But I realized that with them footslogging they posed no real threat to my warriors, so I decided to send it off to deal with my opponents one objective. The Lord and Scarabs turbo'd onto his objective. The Deceiver causes his Guardians on the objective to fall back, then charges the Wraithlord, but fails to kill it. Suffers no wounds in response. Destroyers split up. Two go to contest the center objective, while others skirt up the edge of the board.

Turn 5

*I cannot remember, When it was. But at some point the storm guardians serpent disembarked and shot at my warrior squad on the right. They killed a couple of warriors, then my warriors killed 'em down to the warlock. Must have been last turn. then the Warlock hopped into his ride, and it jumps back to the ruins of the one broken serpent. Chronology is not important.*

Right, so that leaves us to now, when the serpent comes back, and contests my objective. The unengaged wraithlord walks down the hill, and his guardians regroup. Dire avengers disembark to shoot at my new warrior squad, while the scorpions head that direction too. The Dire Avengers bladestorm, killing three warriors. The wraithlord's flamers kill all the scarabs. In combat, I kill the one wraithlord with me-C'tan

In my turn, my remaining destroyer squad, blows up the warlocks Serpent (yeah rear-shots), while the warriors kill the warlock. The Lord charges the dire avengers, while the C'tan charges the remaining warlock. The dire avenger combat goes nowhere, but the wounded wraithlord dies quick to the C'tan, who consolodates onto the objective nearby.

The game ends after that, with me in control of two objectives, to mafty's 0. Necron victory.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 08:36:19 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
Re: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) Vs Daemons
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »
Third game agaisnt Daemons. I'll need to keep this one brief.

My list was the same, with a couple of changes.

I swapped out the scarabs for flayed ones, and swapped out the Deceiver for a ROVoD Lord, and two more destroyers.

His list was.

Herald of khorne on juggernaught.
Fateweaver.
7 Blood Chrusers.
two large units of blood letters.
One daemon pricne with Mark of Nurgle and noxious touch.
One Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Pavane and Boon of mutation.

His chosen section, was Fateweaver, boodcrushers, herald and the Slaanesh Daemon Prince.

Table was the same as the last game. It was anniliation with Pitched Battle Deployment.

Turn 1

I go second, with his main portion coming in. after running, all his units are in range of Fateweaver. All my entire armies shooting does, is take two wounds off fateweaver.

Turn 2
One unit of Blood letters, his second prince come in this turn. Flayed ones come in on the left flank. He fails to Pavane my front warrior squad, but he still charges with his Daemon Prince. The prince kills three necrons, and I VoD out of combat behind the bloodcrushers afterwards. My shooting accomplishes absolutely no damage at all to either fateweaver, or the blood chrusers. Except one spider wounds the nurgle prince.

Turn 3

Blood letters come in on the left flank (to play with the flayed ones, who are desperately running across the table). The blood crushers plow into the lord and second warrior squad, and wipe them all out. The bloodletters charge one spider, and wipe it out, and one prince charges a destroyer squad, wipes it out. Flayed ones charge the blood letters, kill a handful, loose more in return.

Turn 4

Bloodcrushers and palls charge and kill the last scarab, bloodletters charge and kill my heavy destroyer. Flayed ones still keep loosing against the other blood letters. Last destroyer squad runs very fast away. Lord teleports next to one blood letter squad, rapid firing kills far too little.

Turn 5

A Daemon Prince charges my Destroyers, while the rest of the army charges my last warrior squad. Flayed ones are wiped out, as well as everything else.

The game went rather poorly for me. I am not sure how I could have done much better, But I gained some pointers from my opponent who is a rather nice guy. Victory was his, by phase/out annihilation.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:10:45 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline mafty

• BANNED
Re: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) Vs Necrons.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »
nice bat rep, and a good game. going to turn 7 sucked for me, and it helped your warriors came in on turn 4 and 5 lol. I learned a lot of things about Necron this game, and would defintly play it very differently against another Necron player in the future.

Offline Abuk

• Hobbyst...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:09:13 AM »
Damn nice.

So good to see several battle reports without those boring SM participating.
Great looking Necron armies (either yours and your opponents).
Good read as well.

Thumbs up. :)
..The Great Seductor strikes again..

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 08:13:05 AM »
nice bat rep, and a good game. going to turn 7 sucked for me, and it helped your warriors came in on turn 4 and 5 lol. I learned a lot of things about Necron this game, and would defintly play it very differently against another Necron player in the future.

Right seven turns. I had trouble remembering what happened when. I think the gist of it is alright.  Necrons aren't bad, just different. If you don't fight them a lot, they can be unexpected. Also, I'll admit that the Deceiver is STUPID. It was a fun game, I'll happily play you again. Maybe with my Daemon Hunters next time.
Damn nice.

So good to see several battle reports without those boring SM participating.
Great looking Necron armies (either yours and your opponents).
Good read as well.

Thumbs up. :)

Thanks!

The Last report is now updated as well. All three done, Accuracy is up for question. Final results are not.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
Re: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) Vs Necrons (Plus two more)
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
The one army where you really need your 'I win button' and you take him out? Really? I mean really?!

I was convinced from seeing the army lists that the Daemon battle was going to go that way, other two battles were great, fantastic read and well played. Third one wasn't that entertaining due to the one-sided nature of it.

Keep up the good work.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

• Ancient
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 05:39:42 PM »
The one army where you really need your 'I win button' and you take him out? Really? I mean really?!

I was convinced from seeing the army lists that the Daemon battle was going to go that way, other two battles were great, fantastic read and well played. Third one wasn't that entertaining due to the one-sided nature of it.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I wanted to try a different list. :P

I've yet to win against that player, against any of his armies. But he is a rather cool guy and pointed out mistakes I made in the game, but my rolling was rather abysmal (he made note of it), but thats hardly an excuse. My third ever game against daemons!

I've been doing touch-up work on my daemon hunters, so I am itching to play them. I was going to bring them out for this day, but the Daemon player and I had a game planed with each-other, it was a long time coming.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Scyrex Deledras

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 06:18:44 PM »
Great reports. Tough luck against the Daemon list, but then thats Fateweaver for you. Looks like the Deciever is definitely needed for the next Daemon game.

• Ancient
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
Great reports. Tough luck against the Daemon list, but then thats Fateweaver for you. Looks like the Deciever is definitely needed for the next Daemon game.

Thanks! Yeah, the deceiver is pretty cool, but I do want to try and play without him a bit. I feel that my tactical growth is being stunted by including the big-bad. I feel now, that I have a few games under my belt, it may be worthwhile to try and be as successful without it. Might be a bit of a challenge. Also, two 4 man destroyer squads, are cooler then two three man squads.

Fateweaver is dirty dirt dirt. Third time fighting daemons, each time with a different army. All seemed to go just as well. Granted, I generally don't play the most competitive armies in the game.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
Nice Batreps the pictures really do help, so thanks...

Draw, Win, Loss... oh well, even for the day at least and considering that Necrons are not considered a great 5th Ed army, I think that you did well.

The Daemons can be tough... so work on them, I haven't got any real "fixes" to deal with them, aside from avoid CC and flamers squads, and target Priority... sometimes use of terrain can pooch them for decent entries; but its real tricky....

Anyway, it was great to read, the terrain was great, the armies looked great... and it sounded like you had a lot of fun... Meeting another 40KOL guy is a bonus, so chalk that one up to good luck.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:39:13 PM »
Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the report. Odd about the necrons, I've been having better luck with them, then any of the other armies I've played thus far. I am also enjoying them immensely. Daemons are tricky. I have been tinkering with a unit of Pariahs in my army, so that might help...a bit. I play at a GW Battle Bunker, so the tables and terrain I can safely say are quite nice. I really like the textured tables, over the ones which are just a flat board.

It was great to run into Mafty there, I saw him again recently as well. That makes him the fourth person from 40kO that I've had a game with, nice how there are members from all over the world, as well as ones which are closer to home.

I've not made any reports of my battles the last couple of weeks. I'll try and get back into the hang of things now that the holidays are coming to an end.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria