News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) vs Space Marines,Eldar.  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
I have named my army, begun naming all the units. Brotherhood of the spiraling worm, is a Nyarlathotep cult from fiction..thus it works.. Etc..

My list from tonight was as such.

1500pts
HQ
Nyarlathotep (Deceiver )

The King in Yellow (Destroyer Lord)
-Destroyer Body, warscythe,Phase field.
Troops
Warrior squad I
x10
Warrior squad II
x10
Fast
Messengers of Infinity (Destroyers)
x3
Messengers of the Eldritch (Destroyers)
x3
Heavy
Bessus and Avellino (Tomb Spyders)
x2 Spiders, with Particle projectors.
Fanes of the Black Pharaoh (Heavy Destroyers)
x2
Cursed of the Black Pharaoh (Heavy Destroyers)
x2

First opponent, Was playing space marines. Good guy, played against his orks a lot. Thought I was going agaisnt orks too until he opened the case lol.

HQ-Termiantor Chaplin
Elites
One squad of 5 thunder hammer terminators
One squad of 5 lighting claw terminators
Dreadnaught with multimelta and drop pod.
Troops
Two tactical squads of ten. One with missile and flamer, one with missile and plasma.
Group of sniper scouts.
Heavy
Landraider Redeemer
Predator with Twin-las and heavy bolter sponsons.

So, looked like a tough fight. But I knew I could do it!

Mission was Kill points and Annilation! Huzzah!

I chose to take second turn.

The table (you'll see soon enough) was drastically cut in segments with a building in the middile of the table, and a massive hill on the right. He deployed the plasma squad way half way up on the left (near the river), while the other squad deployed on the top of the hill.

I chose to deployed both warrior squads and Nyarlathotep on the left flank.

Turn 1
On his first turn, his lighting claws terminators come in the landradier near the middle of the table, while the predator lumbers on the left. Thunder-hammer termiantors deepstriking. His drop pod lands right in front of my deceiver. The dread pops out and knocks out one warrior with it's melta, but the rest of his guns cannot see.

My Spiders come in as a pair within spitting distance of the dread, while both destroyer units come in on the right flank. The Fanes of the Dark Pharoh come in on the left flank, while the Cursed of the Dark Pharoh come in on the right. (I should have used less pretentious names, easier to write). The King in Yellow, Turbos up down the middile of the table, for no very good reason.

Heavy Destroyers and warriors do negligible damage to the Drop pod and the dread, while the destroyers kill two marines out of the hill-squad. (damned good armour rolls on my opponents part). Bessus takes a wound in creating a scarab swarm, while it and it's mate charge the dread, while Nyarlathotep charges the pod. Needless to say, I loose a scarab swarm and both my targets are eliminated.

KP BotSW-2 Space Marines-0
Turn 2

He drives the 'raider right up to the King in Yellow, while the rest of his force remains stationary. Assault cannon nukes the Messengers of Infinity, while snipers take out the Fanes of the Dark Pharaoh. His predator fires at Bessus, but only manages to wound his pet. His terminators then charge the King in Yellow, causing me two wounds, while I kill two of his terminators. Damn I like being Toughness Six. Unfortunately, the combat WILL end in my turn, unfortunately.

For my epic WBB rolls, all the heavy Destroyers get back up, while only one of the destroyers get back up :(.

I fly the Heavy destroyers onto the back of the hill, to allow me to snipe the tactical squads up there. Nyarlathotep gets excited about the Tactical squad near him, while being covered by my spiders. Warrior stay put. My destroyer Armada, reduces his hill-tactical squad to three marines (with power sword sgt.). The two spiders fire the Particle projectors into the other tactical squad, nuking four! Nyarlathotep charges the rest and goes NOM NOM NOM! predictably, the Terminators kill the King in Yellow, and massacre father then I was expecting..However, he takes one down with him.

Oooppsss

KP BotSW-3 Space Marines-2

Turn 3.

His thunder hammer terminators come in this turn, but scatter massively to the edge of the hill. His landraider drives to the side of the hut, while his chappy and remaining two claws terminators get ready to poke my poor heavy Destroyers with sharp sticks. The scouts, take shots at Nyarlathotep, removing two of his wounds, while the predator does totally jack all to Bessus. His landradier, unfortunately wipes out Avellino with a hail of rending hits. The chaplin and squad predictable kill out all the heavy destroyers.

I take a chance with Nyarlathotep, and he leaps on top of the hut towards the raider, while the Destroyer unit boosts up field, but out of charge range of his three marines. The warriors shuffle to the left, with Bessuss coming up to block any potential charges at them. My shooting phase has Nyarlathotep give the Thunderhammer squad the more terrible images and they flee towards the landraider, which Nyarlathotep charges and totally bluffs his attacks hitting.

KP BotSW-3 Space Marines-5

Turn 4

His Terminator squad, auto-regroups...Though in hindsight, I think they were within 6" of the C'tan..So maybe they shouldn't have...Hrm.. Well, in any case, the landraider rolls along the hut facing my force. His thunderhammer terminators and chaplain terminators are all focused around Nyarlathotep. The small three man squad in the back, chases the Destroyers.

The raider's flamestorm cannon spits a gout of burning fuel onto my last spider and my warriors and damages one.

The Thunder hammer terminators, attempt to Charge Nyarlathotep, but hes so damn scary that they are frozen on the spot.

In response, Nyarlathotep heads up the hill to get revenge on the chaplain, while my spider crawls to the landradier. Destroyers Turboboost again, in good LOS to the scouts.

Warriors all blast away at the 'raider. With minimal effect (A couple of stuns and shaken results). The spider them charges it, gets a lucky two 6's on the hits (vehicle moving fast), two pens and an explodes result! Nyarlathotep has equally good luck, killing the last two lighting claw terminators and the chaplain. The spider heads to the left, but the c'tan advances toward the other terminator squad.

KP BotSW-6 Space marines-5

Turn 5

The three tacical marines continue following my destoryers, meanwhile the terminators walk down the edge of the building (where the raider used to be lulz).

Now, my opponent cannot tell if his three tactical marines are in assault range of my destroyers, so plays it safe by firing the bolters. In effect doing squat-all. They do end up being in 6" though, lol. The terminators charge the Spider and squash it. I am not stating anything about the predator and scouts, as they honestly are not doing anything exciting.

In my turn, The destroyers skim to the edge of the hill and strafe the scouts with gauss fire from above, killing 'em all without any possible save. Huzzah!

Nyarlathotep charges the thunder-hammer terminators. Five hits, five wounds, five dead. Huzzah again!

Game ends, with Killpoints being 7-6 in favour of the Brotherhood of the Spiralling Worm.

Game two

Later in the night, a new player I'd not seen in the shop shows up. Plays eldar which I've not played agaisnt a whole lot, nice player as well. Been playing the eldar for about as long as I've been playing my 'Crons.

His list is as follows.

Farseer w/bike and fortune
Warlock bike bodyguard with a whole bunch of stuff. (five or six of them, cannot remeber)
Autriarch(sp?) With Bike, pistol, lance, manidblasters.
Two Dire Avenger squads in shurkin cannon wave serpents.
Three Fire Prisms.

I've heard horror stories about prisims and seer councils on bikes. Nervous was I.

Mission was Secure and Control, with spearhead deployment.

I got first turn (should have chosen second in hindsight). I deploy all my shenanigans in the bottom left quarter, he keeps his whole army in reserves.

Deployment

Turn 1
On my first turn, it felt weird to have nothing to shoot at. Spaced out a bit. Sent some destroyers to the right flank to deal with any shenanigans that came out there, while hopefully making him spread out. Spider follows, making sure to be in 12" of all my units.

Turn 2
Um..yeah..I do really nothing.

His fire prisms all come in, with one wave serpent. His serpent flies on 24", but just skims the table edge. The Prisms space out evenly along the whole table. The prisims fire at my warriors a bit.

Turn 3
My warriors get back up. Fanes of the Black Pharoh, and Messengers of Infinity's mission is to silence skimmers on the right flank. In shooting, the far right prisim is stunned and immobilized, while the middle one ends up stunned. Bam, eat that eldar!

The Seer Council (and autarch attached to the squad) comes in 24" towards my warriors. behind the wave serpent. The second wave serpent fails to enter the game.

Turn 4

I flip the lord over to the inevitably-to-be-charged warrior unit. Meanwhile the right most prisms are kept silent with shaken results. I mange to kill off two of the warlocks as well, with stunning the wave serpent. he was about to allocate wounds to the Autarch, but I warned him the destroyer shots were S6, lol. I had sent the Deceiver too far up field, and was no use at all at preventing them from walking all over me.

His third wave serpent enters play on the right flank, while the wave serpent already in play disgorges it's cargo at the left side of my warrior squad, while the seer council also come up to say hello. The fire prisms fire is minimal, and useless. However, I loose four warriors from assorted shooting He charges in, but has to nip my tombspider unit as well (joy!). I mange to kill one of the warlocks, and wound the autarch, while I loose a wound on my scarabs and two warriors. However, I only loose combat by one, and stick in hard. Not as bad as I had expected.

Turn 5

I have four out of six down necron warriors get back up :).

Nyarlathotep manages to make it in range of the Bikes, while my destroyer units on the right move into better tank-sniping positions.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/killersquid/warhammer/IMG_2916-1.jpg][/url]
Messengers of the Eldritch, skirt my table edge to get shots into his dire avengers. My shooting ends up being pretty unsatisfactory. I down the 'new' wave serpent, but fail to do much more then that.

In assault, Nyarlathotep makes it into range to charge, but totally miffs his attacks, only one hit, but he does kill a warlock. The Yellow King, takes another wound off the Autarch. His farseer and pals end up downing two warriors, which ties the combat.

In his turn, the dire avengers gets back into their serpent, and jump to a further back objective, while the two mobile prisms turbo up to help contest my objective in later turns.

In combat, Nyarlathotep kills a couple more warlocks, but his fortune saves him from my other attacks. A couple of warriors are knocked down, again. Resulting in a draw.

A buddy of mine watching the game rolled the die to see if the game ended, and he rolled a 1. Thus the game ended a Draw. We both controlled one objective, with his seer council no longer within 3" of my objective.

Right, so two really good games. A couple of learning points.

1. I must not rush the Deceiver so far ahead of my force that he gets bypassed by quicker enemy units.
2. I must not rush the lord ahead with no plan. First game was a poor use of the lord, second game a much better use of the lord.
3. If my destroyers get charge by infantry, I am not moving them enough. I must ignore any sort of short term benefit that half-assed moving may allow them, in respect to long term advantage.

I am glad that I had the will power to turbo the one destroyer squad two turns in a row to get an awesome shot off at the scouts. I could have easily spent time wasted sitting in my deployment zone shooting his tactical squad. I belive that I played a lot better in the second game. Keeping the force together. I could have moved the one warrior squad a lot more to capture the centre objective, but oh well.

In any case, thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 10:42:10 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Abuk

• Hobbyst...
Re: Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm(Necrons) vs Space Marines,Eldar.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »
It's a pity that the eldar player didn't have his army painted (those tanks of his are such a nice models).
Good job on the report.
Thumbs up. :)
..The Great Seductor strikes again..

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
It's a pity that the eldar player didn't have his army painted (those tanks of his are such a nice models).
Good job on the report.
Thumbs up. :)

Yeah, though the seer council and dire avengers which were done looked really cool. hard to tell in the photos though.

Thanks for reading.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2009, 08:11:52 PM »
Very nicely played battles on a beautiful table top.  The pictures were great for viewing the progress of the games.

Lastly, I especially appreciated your Gauss-colored tape measure.  :D

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »
Well thanks! The green measuring tape I've used for years. Never thought about it matching tyhe army like that. Hmmm.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Eidolon

« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »
This is tempting me to a do a lovecraft themed army. Or a necron list. Looks like a tough army to play against. Great batreps.

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
Hey, thanks! Yeah, the army is pretty solid, I would go as far to say it's my most 'competitive' army I have. Definatly do a necron or lovecraftian army. Wicked good stuff!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria