News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40K online Convertion Contest... Necron Warrior gets upgraded to Pariah.  (Read 4931 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Anyway, I couldn't wait (I'm like that) so work on the Warrior ----> Pariah began yesterday (I will limit myself to 14 days though)...

Here is the Convertion from a "Story Line" standpoint of Promoting or Upgrading  a
Necron Warrior --> Pariah.

The pics are not the greatest (at my work bench during lunch break); but you will get the idea... I will try to chrono the work as I go in the same manner, and I will keep track of the actual work time as well.

Here are the first pics so far Starting with a Basic Warrior that is in the Left Over bits box from some used figures I got (Hell I have about 50 decent looking ones, so this guy is expendable anyway).
Assemble of parts.

Day 1 progress

• The arms, were dis-assembled from the main torso, and seperated into hands, fore-arms and upper arms... then were all pinned at the joints (as glue alone would not be enough) and re-assembled.
  • The Left hand was tricky; but I started with small drill bit and worked to larger drill bits until all of the Guass Flayer was removed; I then cleaned it up without loosing the thumb (woot).
  • The Chest plate was from the front Bit shown earlier. And the base was simply cleaned up with a big file, and then added those bits of sprue to go with the rest of my armies bases...
  • The 15 minutes included the layout and picture time... And so far, so good...
  • I will be taking off Easter Weekend, so no work until 13th ish of April.. So you then

Comments, suggestions, and critiques are always welcome.

CaHG
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:55:10 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
looking good so far

nice work keeping the thumb, i've had various  degrees of success doing that myself, usually comes down to GSing it back on though :P so nice one!

anyway keep em coming mate
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
OK work has continued, I am just slow with the Picture upload / download process; and I took Easter Weekend "off". Anyway here is some of the Progress.

** 14 April 2009 **
Day 7 Progress, 2nd day of actual work

• Shows how Feet were put on base using Green Stuff to elivate them a bit, also shows pins for next section.
  • Has thighs pinned and glued to lower legs.
  • Has Hip section pinned and glued to legs.
  • Rear view of lower body assembled.
  • Progress of Day 2 work at finish, also has Chest plate glued to Torso and  Pin added to hips to receive torso later on.

Total time worked on project was 35 minutes at this stage.

** 15 April 2009 **
Day 8 Progress, 3rd day of actual work

• Has torso on hips (temp) and shows Breast Armour done.
  • Shows lower leg and knee Armour as well as Thigh build-up.
  • Shows rear view of lower leg and knee Armour as well as Thigh build-up.
  • Front view to show stance (temp for now)
  • Progress of Day 3 work at finish, also has Left over Green Stuff squashed onto some Plastic Card for use when building Warscythe later on.

Total time worked on project was 50 minutes at this stage.

CaHG

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
(Image removed from quote.)

I like that hes a necron giving thumbs up...he might be a mindless robot zombie but other than that, life is good!
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
** 17 April 2009 **

Day 10 of Progress, 4th day of actual work.

• Progress to date with Joe beside him to show size relavance. (note that I did a Hand Flip ~~ suggested by Hymirl ~~, the Shoulder Pads, the Right Leg is done, and the Warscythe has been started.)
  • Torso has Shoulder Pads done.
  • Leg with under layers of GS done
  • Torso, another angle.
  • Front angle shot
  • To one side a bit
  • more to the side
  • Again with Joe to show size relavance (size does matter)

Spent another 35 minutes on this session, so 1 hr 10 minutes into the project so far.

** 19 April 2009 **

Day 12 of Progress, 5th day of actual work.

Bad news, I left him in the cooker a little too long on the last session, and ruined the base... the rest was ok still... but I did have to re-base him (30 seconds is about what that took)

• Front shot to show the progrss overall (note the Right Arm has its armour now, the Base is being redone, the Right hand is opened up, Let arm has armour started, Left leg has under layer of GS done, the Warscythe has all its parts assembled, and the head has been pinned in preparation for its work)
  • Close up of Legs.
  • Close up of Torso and arms.
  • Close up of Warscythe.

Spent another 1 hour on this session, so 2 hr 10 minutes into the project so far.

** 20 April 2009 **

Day 13 of Progress, 6th day of actual work.

Pose looked like amphetamine parrote, so it got redone, and thanks to Hymirl, his Right hand got a major fix..

• Front shot to show the progrss overall (note that Left Leg has its stripe down the front (hard to see in pics), Right hand has GS to give it the "Come get some" action feel to it, Legs are re-posed to make it more dynamic, and the Warscythe got beefed up in prep to cut it down to size.)
  • Front angle close-up
  • Side angle close-up
  • Rear angle close-up

Spent another 15 minutes on this session, so 2 hr 25 minutes into the project so far.

As always, Comments, suggestion, and criticisms are welcome... but with only one day left to get the work done.. its off to the bench I go, to get him done.

Still need to finish the Left arm, the Warscythe, the Head, and the joint between the Troso and the Legs... Too much work, too little time....

CaHG
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:42:56 AM by moc065 »

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
No C&C other than: Looks great!

Keep the deadline in mind. The comp will be over tomorrow.
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
Thanks for the comments, and he is pretty well done now.

** 20 April 2009 **

Day 14 of Progress, 7th day of actual work.

• Front shot to show the progrss overall (Cleaned up Warscythe, gs'd head and attached, left arm done, mid-section armour done, and fixed up neck area... attached warsyche.) Possed with Joe to show size relavance.
  • Front angle close-up
  • Side angle close-up
  • Legs & mid-section close-up
  • Rear angle close-up
  • Another pic with his buddy Joe.

Spent another 45 minutes on this session, so 3 hr 10 minutes into the project so far.

As always, Comments, and criticisms are welcome... but the work is done, so suggestions are not required... Thanks

I was not happy with the Head, so I did some more work; but failed to gt pics done... I will get the pics ASAP and have them up later today. (sorry I am at work now, so it'll be 8 hours or so ~ still in time for the compition though)

CaHG