News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pts Necrons vs Orkz  (Read 4366 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
1500pts Necrons vs Orkz
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

This is part of the series for The Mighty Green Machine... and although I am only at teh 1250pts level my opponent was not prepared to play such a small game, so he trimmed down and I added stuff to get to a 1500pts game... This was for fun, as Art is a great player and we do not feel the need to be competitive vs each other.... So expect mistakes, and chaulk them up to playtesting or the WTF factor, OK...

The Mighty Green Machine. (SupREME-10 Aka moc065)
Lord with ResOrb
5 Immortals
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
5 Destoryers
5 Destroyers
3 Tomb Spyders
3 Heavy Destoryers

1500pts, 2 SU's, 10 KP's, PO = 9/39 with 42 figures.

Da Orkz (Art)
Warboss in MegaArmour ++
4 Nobs in Mega Armour ++
Trukk ++
12 Boys in Trukk PK nob ++
11 Rokkit boyz PK nob, in BattleWagon ++
11 Burna boyz PK nob, in BattleWagon ++

1500ish, 4 SU's, 13 KP's, 59 figures.

We rolled Annihilation with Dawn of War Set-up and Art had first turn...

Orkz set-up -- Warboss, nobs and their Trukk. Simple, crude and very Orky...

TMGM ser-up -- Or not, I simply left my army off the table and decided to let them arrive on turn 1... Hell the Orkz were going to be rushing me anyway, so no need to give them something to shoot at.

Orkz turn 1
His army arrives and moves forward to prettywell cover most of the table.. with nothing to shoot or assault, his turn was pretty fast.

TMGM turn 1
I bring my whole army is as a Phalanxe with Flank support from the Destroyers (not that smart; but it can be fun)...Reserves.

I then unleash a crap load of shooting into the MegaKnobSquad, and here is waht was left of it (note the Warboss took a wound too)... OH, yeah... my useless Heavy Destroyers missed all three shots on a Battle Wagon full of Rokkit boyz (teach me to use them before the paint is done).

I then run the Tomb Spyders forward as Shock Absorbers and pop a Scarab on each of them.. placing to ensure there is not too much room between them (as I wanted to see some CC with the MegaKnobSquad.

Orkz turn 2 
Waaagh... rush, unload, move... some shooting (killed one Heavy Destroyer with the Rokkit boys), and into assault they go... the Warboss broke off to get an extra assault... (note the one guy standing on the left actually is marking the possition for the whle ork squad, but terrain made it tough to set the figures there).

On to Assault... and here it was not so good for the Necrons; but they did OK... Warboss did not get wounded and crushed one Tomb Spyder... the two MegaKnobs got reduced to one before they put a wound on the Tomb Spyder, and killed its babies. And the Boys actually drew vs the Warriors with both sides taking 3 casualties (not bad for Necrons).

TMGM turn 2
WBB was a total Fail.
Not a whole lot happening but I did repossition the Immortals and Warriros a little... the shooting had me waste the Warboss with the Warriors (my hidden objective vs Art is always to kill his HQ).. And my Destroyers vaporized a squad of boys... but it took all ten of them to do it (sad)...  Finally in anouther epic fail, the Immortals managed to remove a weapon from the Ork Trukk (wow). The Tomb Spyder assaulted his trukk and wasted it instantly... and in CC believe it or not, the Warriors win combat and run over the Ork Boyz (I was so amazed that I didn't even consider a consolidation move)

Orkz turn 3.
Da Orkz continue to advance on the Necrons.. Art then unloads his Rokkits into the Warrior Squad with Lord (only 2 + lord live)... and his Burna's are in prime realastate to start cooking... so 55 hits on the Warriors, 22 hits on the Warriors and Lord, and 11 hits on the Immortals later.... and guess what... not so many Neconrs standing anymore (I deserved this, for keeping stuff bunched up, not looking at where/how I removed casualties, etc --  besides, the look on Art's face as he roll of the 88 dice {using both hands} was worth it)... His other boys dis-embarked but due to Waaghing earlier, they had nothing to do... so into CC went his MegaKnob with the Immortals (killing one)..

TMGM turn 3
WBB has the Lord failing and the Immortal too... woot.

Ok so the Immortals are stuck in but I move the Destroyers and try and play little "Staying alive" as I continue... I did shoot a trukk of the field, so it wasn't a total loss, and the Tomb Spyder immobilized the Rokkit Battle Wagon in CC while the Immortals held on...

OK we were not sure what turn we were on, so we did a little replay to check and also added up KP's... Orkz=6 TMGM=6... and we figured out that we were on to start turn 4... Yes we were playing that fast (about 30 minutes so far total).

Ork turn 4
Art continues to move and basically sets up to try and head off my Destroyers... he actually says... I think that Phase Out is possible if I can get to them... Anyway, his Rokkit boys get out of the vehicle and shoot one squad of Destroyers but only down 1... He also roasted my Tomb Spyder 11 times; but the TS survived (barely - babies got killed) While in CC the Immortals get wasted (without so much as lifting a finger) and then he consolidates towards his Trukk

TMGM turn 4
WBB gets the Destroyer back up.
OK, so I do another move to get away from Art's Burna squad, and to get LOS on his Rokkit guys... I then shoot the Rokkit dudes and kill all but 1, he then starts running away (coward)... My Tomb Spyder now assaults the Immobilized Battlewagon and wow, all I manage is to destroy 4 weapons... (Unbelievable)...

Quick math has us at Orkz=7 and TMGM=7 so all I have to do is stay alive and I might get a Win for KP's...

Ork turn 5
The running rokkit boy keeps running (obviously).
Art moves everything towards the closest Destroyers and unloads all ammo into them... Rokkit does nothing, Trukk shoots (because we forgot the weapon was destroyed) and does nothing. And then the Destroyer Roast goes into full action, with 33 hits with the Burna Flamers (if its legal to move 13" and shoot from an open topped vehicle ~~ f--king Red paint). Anyway... the Squad is vaporized (T=5 didn't help)... but they are in range to WBB, so on to the Necron Turn.

TMGM turn 5
WBB = total fail (actually rolled 1,1,1,1,2 ~~ unf--king believable). Ok, I needed 4 to get up; but my dice sucked for most of the game... so the end was sad...

Sorry about no pictures for turn 5; but my army was Gone... That will teach me for playing that fast, etc... anyway we had a blast and the whole game took about an hour (getting figures, everything)....

I want to thank Art for another great game... You made it awesome my friend, and your paint on the Orkz is coming along to be truely amazing... The rust effect is insanely good in real life. I would also like to once again thank GW Halifax, Dave the Redshirt made some great comments and bantering (as usual ~~ and we love him for it)... and the peanut gallery was appreciated too; seriously, we do enjoy guys cheering, bnatering, etc...  (all except for the comment on what we should be doing back in turn 2ish... as it was for fun, so tactical advice was not asked for not desired by either of us). Finally I want to thank Gary for his comments on the figures, and for showing us some of his ever growing Dark Eldar army... Oh and your next on the list, so get 1750pts ready...

As always, Comment are welcome.

EDIT... on review of the game and rules, it was found that Orks can not move a battletank 12" and shoot with it, as it is not a "Fast" vehicle.. thus Art was unable to actually do what happened and the game will be considered a "Draw" as the Necrons had more KP's earned; but the game might have continued further as well. Re-Match to settle it at later date.

SupREME-10
Necron Cell 100111
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:42:11 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
Re: 1500pts Necrons vs Orkz
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »
Very nice batrep. I enjoyed it quite a bit and apparently you guys did too. I'm impressed you finished a game involving orks that quickly. Haha. Those burnas are mean. Then again, you did beat a squad of boyz in hth... Maybe karma was trying to balance things out a little.

Great report. Thanks for posting!

Offline GoofyCommy

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »
Nice BR moc.  I hope you learned how to handle those fast orks.  The first time I faced them the game was over after 3 turns.  I hate their 23 - 26" charge range. Check the rulebook on transports, you can only fire from them if you move up to 6" (7").

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:34:46 AM »
I actually thought that I had his speed worked out and I was in position to win; but the move and Flamer deal actually surprised me too  (13" move and 11 Flamers off the vehicle from the Burna's)... But like I said we were playing so fast that I really never even questioned if the distance was legal, etc...

Its no big deal GoofyCommy (thanks for spotting it though and I will do a rule search on it), it would have ended as a Draw instead of a Loss; and I will discuss it with Art next week as I go against him and/or Gary using my 1750pt Saim-Hann Eldar list that you helped develop for the POC...

CaHG

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »
Well I finally seen it. Your Necrons lost! Not badly, not fast, but they lost. Brings hope to the Vaughn Chapter! Now to get my 1250 ready for you paint wise. LOL Of course and time. Which will be likly summer time due to operations.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »
Its not a loss if the 13" move and shoot Burna's is Illegal.... then I would win, as hw never flamed the three squadsin turn 3, or the Destroyers in turn 5.... I would have him by at least 2 KP's and be no-where close to Phase Out...

Nice to see your watching SMVaughn, and good luck to beat The Mighty Green Machine (you will need it).

PS, so if the rules were mis-done, then I am still undefeated in 5th with TMGM... (because the 750pts Vassal Game vs Sanctjud's SM bikers doesn't count ~~ he doesn't own the Figures he used, and it Vassal... )..

CaHG
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:23:44 AM by moc065 »

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:58 AM »
Bah it was not a real game you said ... it was a playtest remember. So win or loose on an oversight of rules or not. There is hope for me yet. LOL

Good bat rep though. And yes I am watching. I am taking notes and I am compiling everything into one jumbled mess of snoze in my head to try and "Luck" my way to a victory!

That said you and I both know, it will be a very cold day in hell you do not rip my marines apart, or for that matter play them and rip me apart with your army. I just need more games, lots and lots of games, and a change in my current thinking to take your bad dice game and a good dice game on my part and finally hold a Victory over you. One only one, all I ask! Mind you seeing your seceret objective has me thinking. But a PM think that will be.

Cheers

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »
Don't worry SMVaughn, moc065, just like anyone else on this slowly decaying planet, is beatable.

It is a dice game and amphetamine parrot happens.

You should have seen me wipe out moc065 in our Vassaline Fall Tourney game, it was worth a Cuban Cigar.

On a different note, moc065 your army is coming along very well, looking good on the board.

My 7 Cents.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:40:11 AM by New Hotness »
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 08:34:05 AM »
It's an interesting one that despite with the combination of Fast Vehicle and Open-Topped for the Orks, it says that if a vehicle moves at Cruising Speed then models may not fire. It seems a tad unfair, considering, but alas no more extreme flamey burnyness at those ranges.

Good battle report, Moc, looking forward to seeing more as always!

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
You mean that I actually should have won... Crap... And Art was so happy to finally settle the score (a little).. he will be pissed (lol). Oh and since when is a Battle Wagon a "Fast" vehicle... its a freaking Tank, Open Topped...

Anyway... Thanks Sanctjud (New Hotness) for the compliment on the army and to the rest of you guys for the comments... I am still gaming about 1 RL game a week (or more) but I find it difficult to get BatReps done as they take me as loang as the game takes.

PS... I am actually loosing about 1/6 games on average between all my armies.. and Drawing out about 1/3... so its only a 1/2 Win ratio... and with my Tau finaly hitting the table I think that those numbers will go into the Losing portion a little more often (as I am not sure of how I will do with them overall, they just look so soft)...

CaHG
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:26:06 AM by moc065 »

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
Oh and since when is a Battle Wagon a "Fast" vehicle... its a freaking Tank, Open Topped...

Oh my bad! I just assumed he was doing it from Trukks.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 01:08:21 PM »
Its not realavent... Tanks can't move at Cruising Speed and have all guns blazing either, now can they....

Anyway.. I will discuss it with Art and see what he thinks... no biggy anyway, we were playing a supre fast game to have fun... and it was serious fun even if I lost. The look on his face while throwing 88 or 33 dice was worth the dead Necrons.

CaHG