News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Critique my 1500pts Iyanden CAD list?  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Cptn. Palladorus

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Critique my 1500pts Iyanden CAD list?
« on: June 29, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »
Years ago I bought the Eldar Ghost Warriors box and a Spiritseer, then almost immediately realized that in the town I was in at the time there was no 40k scene at all and took some time off from the hobby. Now I've moved and I'd like to turn it into an army. I haven't bought anything else yet, so the list is still pretty malleable, but I do really like both the fluff and models for Iyanden and the Swooping Hawks.

I used the CAD to organize it because that's what my addled old man brain understands. If you can think of a better way to organize it with all these new-fangled detachments and whatnot I'm all ears.

The goal here is to be competitive, but not WAAC. I've always been more of a beer-and-pretzels guy and I don't know what the local meta is like here yet, so I figure I'll shoot for a respectably tough list and then ratchet it up or down based on the local scene. I left the Wraithknight out for now - I'd add it in to scale up to 1850. The Spiritseer rides in the Wave Serpent.

Code: [Select]
HQ
-Spiritseer - 70pts

Troops
-10x Rangers - 120pts
-6x Windriders w/ Scatter Lasers - 162pts

Elites
-10x Wraithguard w/ Wraithcannons - 320pts
-5x Wraithguard w/ D-Scythes - 345pts
    -Wave Serpent w/ TL Eldar Missile Launcher & Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack
-6x Swooping Hawks - 121pts
    -w/ Exarch upgrade w/ Sunrifle

Heavy Support
-Wraithlord w/ 2x Eldar Missile Launcher & 2x Flamer - 180pts
-Wraithlord w/ 2x Eldar Missile Launcher & 2x Flamer - 180pts

List Total: 1498pts

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
Re: Critique my 1500pts Iyanden CAD list?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:21 PM »
You should take a look at the new Codex and you'll see that your CAD can easily be transformed into a beastly list. Use the Wraith Host Formation, if you want to utilize your wraiths and you can make a small cad for the rest. :)
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 06:51:45 AM »
Yep, definitely add a Wraithknight and then shift your Ghost units into a Wraithhost for 1850 the added formation benefits. Then run a standard CAD (like the one featured in your list) as your base.

My only other advice, and this is based on tons of experience, split those Windriders into 2 units of 3. I didn't believe in that approach at first but my good buddies really pressed me to do so and its was a HUGE difference. It splits up enemy fire, easier to use jetbike moves to get the whole unit of out of LOS, and allows you to divide up all those shots when needed. Trust me its a big help.

Also if you could hack it try and find points for a Wave Serpent for the Wraithguard with cannons. You'd be surprised by how easy it can be to pick on even the tough little Wraithguard.

Anyway it looks like a very cool, fun list which should be pretty tough. Good luck!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:58:02 AM »
Wraith Host + Avatar can work in my opinion. It makes those guys even more dangerous and shifts the fires from the small guys to the big guy.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »
Well if you are having friendly matches, swap out a wraithlord for a wraithseer, nice small buffs here to help move those guards on foot and help keep them on the board a little longer.

Some LGS are running the draft FAQ which really hurts the swooping hawks haywire grens.

As cav suggested spliting the windrider in 2 units will help, so will spliting the rangers.