News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Will chaos space marines be able to use drop pods?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Will chaos space marines be able to use drop pods?
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:32:38 PM »
I know that chaos has dreadclaw drop pods but those are through forgeworld. Are the rules for them exactly the same as current space marine drop pods? I recently was given my friends old space marine army and he had 2 drop pods, I was thinking of converting them into dreadclaw drop pods and using them but again I am not sure of the rules.
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Will chaos space marines be able to use drop pods?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:36 PM »
Considering there's a major rule overhaul currently occurring you may want to wait as an answer now maybe completely invalided in the short term.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:57:55 PM »
I'm going to say that it's very very unlikely that chaos marines will be able to use drop pods.

Also, the dread claw pod is bigger then a normal drop pod so watch out for that.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
Which made sense in the fluff. Drop pods are one-shot insertion devices. Dread Claws are more drop ships as they were able to take off again. Excellent for raiding and diversions.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 12:32:07 AM »
Does anyone use them in games at all?
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 04:18:58 AM »
GW said that every 40k model, including Forge World, will have rules from day 1.

I believe the Dread Claw is 40k and not a HH exclusive thing? If so, there should be rules for it when 8th hits.

Whether or not Chaos Marines will have access to that or some other sort of Drop Pod later on is anyone's guess though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:24:09 AM by Katamari Damacy »
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 07:12:09 AM »
It may happen. They have recruited all the top TO's to playtest each and every unit in the game. The top of the list being Frankie and Reece from Frontline Gaming who have been absolutely adamant on how much it would help CSM. They have them in the 40k fluff (30k obviously) and their are soooo many units screaming out for them. They've expounded on the sort of domino effect it'd have on the usefullness of certain units across the Codex many, many times in their podcast.

But who knows... a good way around it is the Storm Eagle. 5pts more than a Storm Raven, 20 man transport capacity, armored ceramite and an assault vehicle. Can't go wrong there! I'm working on one for my World Eaters right now.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »
Does anyone use them in games at all?

The dreadclaw? It's only good in the Fist of Khorne formation, as 20 berserkers can charge out of it and it lands with a D-hit. Otherwise, it's not really that great.

in 8th? Who knows.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria