News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Daemon Models.  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
New Daemon Models.
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
Holy amphetamine parrot these are great. Who else is now starting a new Daemon Army because of these/ the nurglings are soooo cute! I cannot wait to see the rules for this Slaanesh monstrosity as well!

Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh | Games Workshop
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: New Daemon Models.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
They are very nice although I'm a little perturbed by the "Limited Time Only" Exalted Chariot
£36 for it when they clearly state that the single chariots will make it if you buy two.... for £18 each

A massive saving of...... one cardboard box?

That said I'm definitely getting me some Flamers now ::)
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Uuuuuhhh... On a Thursday/Friday? Wasn't it just, like, 4 months ago that GW announced their new... Announcement scedual?

Personally, i'm not sold on the Chariots. Then again, i've never really been partial to the current Slaanesh models anyway, they lack the sensuality and sexuality that they are described as having, and just look.. Creepy. The nurglings are kinda cool though... i guess... certianly plentiful.

Will these prompt me to buy a Daemon army? Certianly not. They may make a decent gift for my brother though, as with Allies he can actually take some Daemons.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »
Uuuuuhhh... On a Thursday/Friday? Wasn't it just, like, 4 months ago that GW announced their new... Announcement scedual?
Gone midnight here in the UK so stays true to their Saturday announcement/following Saturday release schedule ;)

Cos the Web team don't work weekends the website auto updates at midnight

Offline Koval, Master Verispex

• 40kOnline's Care Bear of Tanks | The Velvet Glove of Fated Tenderness and Ambition
  • Ancient
  • Well, that was unexpected...
  • Armies: Imperial Guard (Indelvian 190th Mechanised)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »
Interesting that fantasy armies can take the Soul Grinder now -- I wonder how they're going to explain that one.

The chariots disinterest me, but I'll be honest, the Plaguebearers actually look halfway decent now -- you can actually make out some detail, rather than being barely able to distinguish one piece of sculpted vomit from another. (You can probably tell that I hated the previous Plaguebearers.)

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 04:19:23 AM »
I've somehow got a white dwarf with the Daemon updates here (don't ask me how, i came home and my dad was reading it), and the justification for the Soul Grinder is pretty interesting on a fluff level. Essentially, when a daemon dies, it can choose to be re-born as a Soul Grinder, but stays that way until it kills a certain amount f people. If it dies, then it can chose to become a Soul Grinder again, or go back to the seething mass of daemons. However, as a Soul Grinder, it also risks losing it's personality, as the monstrosity of the machine can take over it's being, thus driving that badboy mental.
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:15:05 AM »
Plastic Flamers of Tzeentch are very good news for me, as I really disliked the previous metal versions.  I now might actually be tempted to add these to my new Chaos Space Marine project.  I really like the direction in which GW has taken the Tzeentch daemons in recent times.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:25:22 AM by Irisado »
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »
Well as far as the Soul Grinder, there is precedent for daemonic machines in Fantasy. Hell, just look at the Juggernauts or take a leaf through the Liber Chaotica. Not a fan of the Slaanesh Chariots, particularly the Exalted one. Looks too much like the Roller Mower of Slaanesh. 

Offline Caustic

• Castellan Cawww!
  • Armies: Salamanders, 1k Sons & Daemons, Hochland Empire.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 03:23:05 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has talked about the new Tzeentch Screamers yet.  I would be amazed if these don't start appearing in every daemon list for the next two months... I mean they basically have Power Axes (with Armourbane) that attack in initiative order and a crap ton of attacks each, plus some decent toughness and the speed to get into combat quickly.

Tzeentch clearly brought these guys in to compensate for the terrible CC in the rest of his army, and by the looks of things they do it amazingly well.

Offline XavianBlacksoul

• Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »
I for one think all of the new models work well, I still like the really old classic Nurglings best but hey they are still rather nifty.

As for the rules, I think the daemon army just got a whole lot harder to beat. The main bonus is that several units recieved extra wounds making them a lot harder to shift in a turn. The mega chariot with x hullpoints is going to be a beast in my eyes and certainly will make target priority more of a challenge.

I don't play this army but I think it's a really big step in the right direction for an under used codex.
90 percent of sci-fi is crud, but then 90 percent of everything is crud.
Thoedore Sturgeon.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has talked about the new Tzeentch Screamers yet.  I would be amazed if these don't start appearing in every daemon list for the next two months... I mean they basically have Power Axes (with Armourbane) that attack in initiative order and a crap ton of attacks each, plus some decent toughness and the speed to get into combat quickly.

Tzeentch clearly brought these guys in to compensate for the terrible CC in the rest of his army, and by the looks of things they do it amazingly well.

Am I missing something from the FAQs with this? I don't see anything like that apart from the tweak to meltabombs (which is probably what you meant...).

Offline Changeyname

• Ancient
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
You need to pick up the White Dwarf Raktra

It has an Official Update to the Codex supplement which not only adds the new models to the FOC but changes some others in a significant way - Screamers being one of them obviously ;)

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
*slaps self* Of course, sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline PhoenixLord1989

• The road of good intentions doesnt leadto anywhere
  • Armies: Eldar, D-Eldar, Dark Angels, Necron, and Tyranids
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
Just saw all of the new Daemon models in person and very beautifully built at Gamesday. I want to start an all Nurgle/Deathguard army, but after seeing the models I wouldn't mind having all of them. There is soo much detail in all of the models it was crazy. I think the ones that stuck out the most with the best detail were the screamers. Not to mention I got to talk to Phil about the army and models, It was awesome!
"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »
I'm really surprised the direction they took the Screamers in with the new rules, a unit that has been underwhelming since their release in both WHFB and 40k is all of a sudden a really good choice! They are very mobile, can strike while turbo-boosting and is quite fearsome in close combat even with their mediocre WS. Nice!

I also like that Flamers have become cheaper since they were quite overpriced and the change of invulnerable save with the addition of wounds makes them much more reliable so I'm looking forward to fielding them as they have always been my favourite models.

The Slaaneshi Chariots just looks strange, especially the bigger versions and the rules are quite messy to read but if you like Slaanesh you at least got a nice vehicle option that is quite cheap and not too bad at all, the bigger versions aren't really that balanced though if you ask me.