News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Poll

Which is the most efficient ork unit out of these in taking on any general opponent?

Warbikes
1 (5.9%)
Warbuggies
0 (0%)
Slugga boyz
6 (35.3%)
Battlewagon
2 (11.8%)
Nobs
2 (11.8%)
Wartraks
0 (0%)
Dreadnaught/killer kans
0 (0%)
Burna boyz
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Which is the most efficient ork unit out of these?  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
Which is the most efficient ork unit out of these?
« on: October 16, 2002, 11:37:26 AM »
from the few games i have played the Burnaboyz seem to be the most efficient buy for the point, using the burners as powerweapons in close combat and how they can "shoot" and not have to use their balistic skill
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.

Offline AceV53

Re:Which is the most efficient ork unit out of these?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 08:05:41 PM »
Nobs with a power claw...soooo many attacks that will decimate the enemy!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 08:15:19 AM »
Slugga boyz, without a doubt. They are the ultimate shock troops. Thier strength, initiative, and save may be horrible. But get 30 of them and they are fearless until they number less that half-strength. And in CC they get a maximum of 150 attacks (that's 30 without a Nob) And at 9 points apiece they won't break the bank.
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 03:11:18 AM »
Slugga boyz are the best ork unit. They cause havoc amongst terminator squads( the elite SM's die very easily to sluggas hahaha) and have to be shot at a lot before any thought of retreat enters thier brains. These guys are not to be taken lightly and are not just a nob delivery unit as some people think. They do lots of damage with or without a nob if used correctly.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Burld

• ~~to deny CHAOS is to deny what we are~~
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 03:34:51 AM »
Slugga boyz are the best by far! i play chaos most of the time but these guys always end up killing me off... THATS REALLY ANOYING because orks shouldnt be able to shoot
As khorne left the mortal plane his voice echoed inside the head of all living things "You think you have distroyed me, but i remain untill the end of all life itself. For it is this very life you are given that fuels my power!

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2002, 10:05:08 PM »
Burna Boyz are good.  You give them a Mekboy with Kustom Force Field and the squad 4 Burnas and you can rip up anything.  Space Marines die to Power Weapons, Imperial Guard to Heavy Flamers