News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Building My White Scars 7th Company.  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
Building My White Scars 7th Company.
« on: January 7, 2009, 10:36:30 AM »
So as the title says, ive decided to build a White Scars army, im themeing them as the 7th company. I know these are usually Reserves companys, but im currently writing fluff to say why they are an active company, this will be added here later.

So the basic idea im going with is a mix of mounted units and Transported units, mainly drop pods or rhinos as i want to keep the list faster and lighter.

Lets start with an overlay of the basic paint scheme:
Im going to go pretty standard with White scars style, with just a few slight changes, the Reds will NOT be the regular pattern used in the codex, I will be going for a "clawed" type red markings style, more dynamic than the standard patterns IMO.

As the fluff will state later this company will be a very mobile force, not making it back home for alot of repairs often so the armour of the marines, bikes and transports will look scratched/damaged slightly/battleworn to add to the themeing of the army.

Now for the captain:
Captain Ravell Drakenn of the White Scars 7th company.

(fluff coming soon)

Basically i was going through the marines codex looking for ideas when this hit me. Id already decided to do a white scars army, but the themeing of the company and fluff behind it was escaping me, then when i saw the masters of the chapters models it hit me.

My Captain will have the hammer from these models, he will be mounted on a bike with a storm shield on his other hand and be put in a dynamic pose.

He will eventually get a bodygaurd mounted on bikes as well that im currently working on.

My first 2 troops units:
Using the models from the black reach box set(the tactical squad) and some bikes i had lying around im doing the 2 troops units right now, the tactical squad will have its own drop pod and be equipped with flamer and missle launcher(as the black reach models come with).

The second unit will be a biker unit, I currently have 2 bikes for this unit,(sargent with Power Fist, and biker with a melta gun) the others will be another melta gunner, 2 standard bikers, and an attack bike with currently unkown weapons setup.

More will be added soon.
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
Re: Building My White Scars 7th Company.
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
Ok, so i finished the basic fluff(wich could still need abit of work but ill add what i have so far) and thought id post it to see what people think:

The rise of Ravell Drakken and the 7th White Scars company.

When the 3rd company of the White scars called for aid to fight the Ork Waaagh! Deff’Rola and its massive kults of speed in the system of Semenat, it was the 7th company who was sent to help.

Lead by The newly promoted captain Ravell Drakken who had been promoted after the Previous Captain was promoted to the 1st company, Drakken had taken the job with some hesitation, their former captain had promoted him to the roll from the many tactical biker squads, and not from his bodyguard as was usually the case.
       Being a somewhat unknown marine, with few feats to his name so far had caused quite a stir among the others of the chapter, for in their eyes there were far more capable men being pushed aside.  Seeing this as a chance to prove himself a capable leader to his battle brothers he had requested his company be sent on this mission. The Ork kults of speed were somewhat revered by the White Scars, using lightning fast tactics like themselves, they were considered one of the ultimate opponents in the galaxy.
      The company set out from Chogoris onboard their cruiser Khans Fury Drakken began making plans for the coming battle.  Reports indicated that the battle was currently being fought over the 4th planet in the system, a planet with sweeping plains and large forests broken up by vast mountain ranges.
       Deciding against taking any tanks into the initial drop Drakken devised a cunning strategy to cut the Ork forces in half and hopefully take out the Warboss and end this war in one swift movement.
       Landing the majority of his troops via drop pod he would use the weapons of Khans Fury to strike a point some 200 Miles north of the Orks main fortress, the place his brothers of the 3rd company where currently holding, he would land 6 squads of bikers by thunderhawk far south of the main Ork line and drop the rest of his company onto the Ork Fortress, hoping this would create a distraction for the Ork forces and give his fellow marines the support they needed to push Through the Ork line he and his bikers would strike at the head of the Waaagh.
       Orbital scans of continent had shown what looked like the Warboss and his massive Kult of speed moving south to try and encircle the entrenched marines already on the planet, Drakken planned to intercept them as they circled back towards the marine lines, and hopefully take the warboss out once and for all.
       When the bikers of the 7th company looked upon the massive cult of speed before them they knew they were outnumbered at least 10 to 1. Drakken knew their target lay in the centre of this massive force of Ork bikers, and he knew they could not fail because the Emperor was with them this day.  Splitting off with 2 bike units he moved off to the right, his main force engaged the front flank of the Ork Waagh, Blade hit blade, units on both side exploded and fire ripped through the field of battle.
    Moving to encircle the small marine force the Warboss sent his rear guard around to the southern side of the battle, taking his own bodyguard north to do the same, the Warboss was surprised when the White scars captain and his forces came over the rise, the forces clashed at full speed, Orks and marines fell, But the Spearing hit and run tactics of Drakken kept the marine forces in battle for as short a time as possible.  Sensing the battle was not going to end well for him the Warboss fled full speed away from the battle with his bodyguard close behind, Drakken followed as he knew if the warboss was able to escape today the battle would rage on for months if not years.  For 3 hours the Marines sped after the Orks, and on the pass that was to become Rolla’s Doom the final conflict occurred.
            Finding themselves suddenly in a very defendable position the Warboss turned his forces and waited for the Marines to come. Drakken saw this and put on another burst of speed, The Warboss was hoping they would come head on, and Drakken would not disappoint him, Swerving to the left he and his squad launched off a rock and over the Orks main line, landing next to the Warboss Drakken swung down with his hammer and with the combined momentum of his bikes jump and the power of his swing, crushed the Warbosses head.
            With the Death of Deff’Rolla, and the combined forces of the 7th and 3rd White scars companies the planet was retaken in a month, the system within the year. Drakken returned with his company to the White Scars home world of Chogoris a hero. Khan the leader of the 3rd company had praised his tactics, and bravery in the campaign, claiming many quick victories were won because of the young captains tactical skills.
            With battles raging all over the sector the Chapter master did a rare thing, taking the 7th company off reserve status and moving them to active, he mobilized them, sending them to battlefields that needed to be won quickly, and where his already shown tactical skill would serve them best, the company now fights where ever needed, crusading to battlefields in need of help, where no other white scars forces can be spared.
Carpe Diem Baby...