News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: legio scutulatus Rujorua  (Read 3189 times)

Offline magos maxwell

• magos prime of Rujorua.
legio scutulatus Rujorua
« on: November 9, 2008, 12:07:14 AM »
this is my army blog for my adeptus mechanicus forces. the forces that make up the divisio legionarie are called the legio scutulatus, or the shield of Rujorua in the form of imperial gothic used by the common troopers.

to find more information about the rujoruan forces or the planet they come from, why not visit the Rujoruan adeptus mechanicus ongoing fluff thread linked below.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=173005.msg2108075#new

all army list discussion and comments should be directed into the Ruloruan army list thread (also known as the living army list of Rujorua) linked below

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=173048.msg2108070#msg2108070

this thread is for all modeling and painting aspects of the Rujoruan forces, be they the mighty magos prime of the priesthood, to the lowly mechanicus scutulatus legio initiate.

to start the picture reel off, we have a skitarii officer who can be either used as a sergeant for a squad of line troopers, or as a skitarii tribune (junior officer - in charge of a platoon)

anyone and everyone is welcome to post comments and criticisims about any models/painting/army lsits/fluff in the approriate thread.

-----------

well now, i think that kicked things off with a bang... ;D

feel free to comment guys and gals.
"we are but cogs rolling on the tributary of life to our promised place in the great plan of the Omnissiah"
fabricator general planetaris maxwell zephos.

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
Re: legio scutulatus Rujorua
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »
looks cool, can we get a close up? id like to see how your using the vox packs.

good work
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
sure, give me a few minutes and i'll edit this post with a close up.

the vox packs are a secondary bit (the primary is the head) that is ornamental and basically shows the model as being a skitarii. there will be no vox operators in my army (waste of points)

edit: faster than i predicted. seems like I.E. 7 is really working out for me with these tab things

« Last Edit: November 9, 2008, 01:27:11 PM by magos maxwell »
"we are but cogs rolling on the tributary of life to our promised place in the great plan of the Omnissiah"

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:24:16 PM »
i know this is seen as the bane of bloggers everywhere, but does anyone have any comments? its been a few days, and the thread has gotten more than a couple views. not like i'm saying you have to reply, only that comments are nice to hear, even ones that say they despise the paintwork.

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:37:31 AM »
well i am waiting for the close-up, the figure is to far away to comment on.

about the conversion, adaptus mechanica like their masters like bionics, so i would expect every one of them would have some small bionic part(a ear, eye, nose and so on)
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:10 PM »
well i am waiting for the close-up, the figure is to far away to comment on.

about the conversion, adaptus mechanica like their masters like bionics, so i would expect every one of them would have some small bionic part(a ear, eye, nose and so on)

i posted close ups, are they not working?

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 05:39:11 AM »
i see 2 pictures with white paper but they are still from a distance
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »
Same here. It's a bit difficult to judge it. Try to make sure that the mini fills the image from top to bottom.

I do like the paint scheme, though.

How about the base? Is it finished yet?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Deathklok

• Bad Trader, scam artist, not to be trusted. BANNED
  • Finally, I got BANNED
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »
Here ya go....Presto! Closeup!!

Looks like a regular Guard Sgt with a hood to me though. Skitarii should have a bit more conversions IMHO.

Nice color scheme though.
And so, after much wait, BANNED

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »
thanks deathklok. actually, the conversion is a bit subtle.

the lasgun has a gold casing/ he has a gold belt buckle, all others will be silver

he has a hood (mark of a cult member)

skitarii are the only ones that are going to have vox packs to signify thier techinical abilities.

@ deathklok = part one expalined above, thanks for the comment on the scheme.

@jehan-reznor = see deathkloks post, but thanks, i'll try to get better pics in the future.

@tryanotherone = thanks about the paint scheme. same as with jehan on the pics though.

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:14 PM »
update!

probably the last for about a week as my trade goes through snail mail, here is nameless trooper 001, including his new and stylish backpack pioneered by meatshield (and ninja'd with permission by me) sorry about the second pic, best of a bad buch i'm afraid.

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
update.

trooper 001 is primed and will be painted. would anyone like a tutorial on the paint scheme?

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 04:05:16 AM »
I see you used my back pack idea! Looks good.

I like your Sgt. Have you checked out the Australian GW website? Theres some good insperational material for you:

http://oz.games-workshop.com/crucis/laiusrift/army_guard.htm

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »
thanks meatshield. and that link kinda represents what i want. skitarii that have bionics, but most of which are not visible (right of pure thought, anyone)

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »
Guard rank transference & conversion ideas

Heroic/senior officer = magos mandati minoris (tech priest with banner backpack)

Heroic senior officer of the 1rst company of the legio scutulatus = magos mandati senioris (tech priest model with banner backpack and bling)

Junior officer = skitarii tribune (guard model with converted power sword/las-pistol, GS carapace armor and WE hooded head/vox pack)

Veterans/senior officer command squad members/storm troopers/sergeants = skitarii (guard with hooded heads and vox packs)

Commissar = collegiate extremis adept (blue armor, black robes with red trim and cog design, standard marine backpack)

Priest = machine cult preacher

Ogryns = COGS (greenstuff, mechanicus bitz, bonehead has bigger base – the dreadnought one – with a mechanicus director – they’ll be like big servitors)

Tech priests engineers = “duh…” (Same models)

Legio scutulatus trooper (called initiates) = legio scutulatus troopers/Rujoruan troopers (Cadian models)

Legio scutulatus aspirants (conscripts) = catachan models

Rough riders = the riders of Rujorua!  (Converted guard troopers on fantasy empire robo-horses)

Vehicles = weird mechanicus variations (walkers/extra gubbins)

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 01:02:57 AM »
due to epic failure of my battery charger, i have no pics for this mini update.

1. i got 5 conscripts and a boatload of *spoiler*eldar aspect warriors*spoiler* for a new log = my down time/painting X is driving me crazy!

2. started on trooper 001

3. got tech marine in mail. will attempt conversions (ideas needed) and use as an inquistor (counts as) or a heroic senior officer.

Offline magos maxwell

« Reply #16 on: December 4, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »
initiate 001 is finished, as well as my latin teachers christmas present.

and...........my meager scrounging of bitz form all my bitz boxes for this project. will get more, and i am accepting courteous donations...pm me for details if feeling generous.

« Last Edit: December 4, 2008, 08:13:59 PM by magos maxwell »