News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Some Evil Ideas to Ponder  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Holiday

• Extreme
Some Evil Ideas to Ponder
« on: February 14, 2002, 11:55:06 AM »
Well one anyways, I was hoping that everyone could help out on the rest.

Start with 2 Heamonluecus (If I could pronounce it, maybe i could spell it.) Gear them up with a destructor , and xeoplasma (terrorflex variant) and ride with 6 grotuesques as back up on a raider with a trophy rack.

Fly 6 inches of enemy unit you want to terrorize unload and blast into them with the dl or disinegrator, then the destructor.  By this time they should be at half (hopefully)  then attack with the Xeoplasma force a pinning test at -3 (-1 under half, -1 terrorflex, and -1 trophy rack on raider.) Then when they fail horriably hit em again next turn.  If they pass assualt their sorry butts.

Offline Rhysk

• Begin the Litanies of Hatred!!!
    • My squatter page on the net
Re:Some Evil Ideas to Ponder
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2002, 02:12:13 PM »
I can't imagine what you'd want to "tie up" with a 225 point squad? If you can get them under half with shooting, why waste time delaying them? Crush them in HTH get some slaves, and keep the second hemoculus in a seperate squad and PIN the unit that will counter assualt you after you crush the first Unit in HTH.
"Victurus te Saluto!" (He who is about to win salutes you)

Offline Rumblebelly

• Rumble Rumble Rumble
  • Ancient
  • To Maltheon V for Imperial Slaves!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2002, 02:36:06 PM »

WOW.  I have to say that that is a brutal combination of leadership zapping weapons.  It sounds excellent.  It can be duplicated by almost any unit too.  If you wanted to go a cheaper route with the Warrior squads instead of grotesques, it would be just as effective.

Great idea Holiday.  And very, very malicious!

rumble

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2002, 06:23:39 PM »
how do DE take slaves?

Offline Holiday

• Extreme
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2002, 08:15:39 PM »
I like the fluff of the units.  Torturing them there in the middle of the battle field.  Plus they are hard to kill and then will attract attention.

If the DE win a close combat and force their opponents to fall back, roll a d6 for each enemy casualty in the assualt. On a 4+ the model is taken as a prisoner. And if you run them down, all the models running are taken as prisoners.

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2002, 01:10:36 AM »
that's a nasty idea, although in practice i've found I like to fire the terrorfex BEFORE i shot everything else.  Yes that means I for-go the -1 for being under half strength but it USUALLY means i can fit more guys under the template, reducing they LD test by 4,5, or in rare cases 6.  If you start killing guys to get it under strength your opponent will put 'holes' in his formation to get less guys under the template.
btw I use terrorfex a LOT.  all my warrior squads, my hellions squads (move 12", then fire terrofex 12" for a total of 24",people hate that) and sometimes on my reavers. IMO it's an invauluable weapon in the DE army
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline Kherad

• I'm NOT a Llama
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2002, 09:50:02 AM »
Can you fire both the destructor AND the xenospasm in the same turn? I thought you only could fire one weapon a turn.
Fear the shadows, Despite the night. There are horrors that no man can face and live

Offline Holiday

• Extreme
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2002, 10:32:51 AM »
2 heamonculus one with destructor and one with xenoplasma

Im looking at that type of army more.  Up the terrorflex, xenoplasma, raider trophy racks, arch angle of pain. And soon a squad of 10 kroot snipers ( more pinning ).  When im done Eldar Rangers are going to be jealous.

Hellions. what a great idea, just a quick question though. move up, shoot terrorflex ( they get pinned), assualt-- hit and run, Then they are pinned next turn.  Correct??

Offline Trunkhead

• Drunken Master
  • Ancient
  • Cause this is too funny
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2002, 05:16:26 PM »
I've been wondering about that myself. Since people are allowed to ignore pinning when they're assaulted does that mean after the Hellions do thier Hit & Run the target unit defaults back to being pinned? or does the assault end the pin? I've been thinking that the assault ends the pin, but i'd like to get an official answer
You know what I'll say when I see God?
I'm going to tell him I was framed
 - The Way of the Gun

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2002, 07:53:05 PM »
u could also used the grotesques forced fall back, and decide to reveal mandrakes before that...
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?