News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1750 pt Rogue Trader Tourney List  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Saim-Hann Corsair

• Armies: Eldar, Grey Knights
1750 pt Rogue Trader Tourney List
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:22:20 AM »
Here is my list for the upcoming RT tourney. It is a 3 game, WYSIWYG, Standard FOC tourney w/Allies and Fortifications.

It looks like they have four categories for scoring: Battle, Sportsmanship, Theme and Appearance.

Since, I am rather new to this area, I have not played any of the people around here yet. In the 30 armies that entered last year, every army was present, including a Sisters army; with a Tau army taking first place.

In any case, I would like to know what kind of weaknesses this army has, and if anyone knows of any type of "if you run into this, then you are screwed" scenarios you can blatantly see, please feel free to speak up.

HQ

Inquisitor   111pts
w/Terminator Armor
    Nem Daemon Hammer
    Master Level 1
    Servo-Skulls (x2)
    Emp Brain Mines

Henchman  99 pts
   Mystic
   Psyker
   Acolyte w/Power Armour & Plasma Pistol
   Rhino w/Hunter Killer

TROOPS

Terminators (x5)  235 pts
w/ Fachions (x2)
     Psycannon
     Halberds (x2)

Strike Squad (x10)  235 pts
w/ Halberd (x1)
     Hammer (x1)
     Psilencer (x2)
     Swords (x6)
     Psybolt Ammo

ELITES

Techmarine  140 pts
w/ Conversion Beamer
     Falchions
     Psychotroke Grenades

FAST ATTACK

Stormraven 260 pts
w/ Hurricane Bolters
     Typhoon Missile Launcher
     TL Lascannons

Interceptor Squad (x5)  165 pts
w/ Incinerator
     Halberds (x3)
     Sword (x1)

HEAVY

Purgation Squad (x5) 233pts
w/ Psycannon (x2)
     Psilencer (x1)
     Incinerator (x1)
     Halberd (x1)
     Rhino w/TL Lascannons
(Techmarine goes with this squad)

Dreadknight  270 pts
w/ Heavy Psycannon
     Greatsword
     Teleporter

TOTAL 1748

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
Re: 1750 pt Rogue Trader Tourney List
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
I personally think you are very light on troops for 1750 pts.  5 terminators and 10 PAGK aren't that hard to kill.  Most missions in in 6th (5 out of 6 missions in the main book) you need scoring units for and honestly you kinda light on them.

You also are really lacking on long touch.  You got a conversion beamer and a LC lascannon on the razorback and that's it.  The units with personal teleporters are nice but still.  Personally I think the dreads packing autocannons would be nice for this list, but that it is IMO (i love my pair of autocannon dreads).

Also Psilencers?  Really?

Edit:  Also you think you are too heavy on upgrades and not enough bodies, primarily the acolyte with the power armor and plasma pistol, you get 6 more acolytes and change if you dropped both (and maybe give all the acolytes bolters or something).

Also on the techmarine, why CC upgrades and a conversion beamer that seems a weird set up to me.  The conversion beamer wants him to stay as far away from the conflict as possible but his fancy sword and grenades want him to go stab stuff.  I would go with one or another or drop him completely and get more troops.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:40:11 PM by Blood Hawk »

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
I see your point but these are the models I have and I am not planning on buying more. So I have to work this list, which I happen to very much like the character and feel of anyway.

Edit: With regards to the long range, I also have the Lascannons on the Stormraven. I do see this as a potential risk too. That is the long range and high strength weapons.

The Techmarine has the falchions because I thought he looked bad ass with them, so I gave them to him. With those and the mines, if the Purgation squad gets attack, they have a fighting chance and to see some effects of the mines would be nice. I think that this unit has some unique character to it.

I added the Psilencers because they are free on the Strike Squads and add more shots. I beleive that rolling more dice are good and that gives me eight more to roll compared to if they just had Storm Bolters.

With regards to the Acolyte, he is my Inquisitors apprentice and is the model with the staff, books on his back and a plasma pistol, so there really is no other choice for him.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:38:30 PM by Saim-Hann Corsair »

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
Well ok, sounds the list is kinda set in stone then.  In that case all I can say is that your major weaknesses are lack of troops (10 marine in power armor and 5 in tactical dreadnaught armor aren't that hard to kill at 1750 for most armies) and also lacking in long touch, and anti tank for that matter but that may/may not matter depending on what you face.

The Techmarine has the falchions because I thought he looked bad ass with them, so I gave them to him. With those and the mines, if the Purgation squad gets attack, they have a fighting chance and to see some effects of the mines would be nice. I think that this unit has some unique character to it.
Yea then why the conversion beamer then.  The purgation squad needs to be up close to be effective so taking a techmarine for CC support makes sense, however you gave the techmarine a heavy weapon that is the only weapon in the game (that I am aware of) that gets better the longer away from your target you are.  The weapon load for the squad I don't understand from a gameplay perspective.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:31:47 AM by Blood Hawk »

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
The troop thing is an issue, I do admit that and thought about it some too. But I think I will just have to play tactically, and accept that it is a weak point. One thing though, 2 of the 6 missions will allow me to use Fast Attack, or Heavies. Granted I may not get those missions, so I am not counting on it but if I get one, it would be nice.

I guess I could put the Techmarine anywhere but I put him with the Purhation squad to take use of Astral Aim in the beginning of the game. I can use the Conversion Beamer to hit something on the other side of the board or out of view, before the rest of the squads weapons are in range.