News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 point CJ 39 harlie list  (Read 1327 times)

Offline El Chapoucabra

• Join my pseudo-religious pseudo-movement!!!
1000 point CJ 39 harlie list
« on: July 11, 2005, 12:49:23 PM »
I'm going to a junior tournament(!) with my harlies, so I need some advice for a 1000pt list. I use CJ 39 for maximal legality.

List of opposing players in threat order:

1)Nid player(my friend) I expect one winged tyrant, one carniflex and loads of tiny bugs
2)Blood angels(a guy I played against)Together, his Librarian and his Chap cost over 500 points
and he always uses a dread or two
3)Space wolves(friend) tends to use ven dreads and other vehicles. not that much troops
4)Drop-troop carapace-armored Ig(never played against this one) some tanks, some guys, expensive command squads(at least I hope)
5)SMurfs
6)Dark eldar(footsloggers) he'll probably get the last place(sorry if you're reading this)

I have absloutely no clue on other players that will be present so there goes my list:

HQ:
Great harlie: D-field, kiss, shurpistol, powerblades, plasma+haywire grenades  116

Shadowseer:D-field, pistol, riveblades, plasma+haywire grenades                  116

Elites:
3 brightlance Djs(as separate slots)                                                         3 x 57

Troops:
6 man troupe:
2 plasma pistols, 1 kiss 1 power weapon, plasma and haywire grenades         201

10 man troupe
equipment as above                                                                              321

No fast attack

Heavy support:
Venom with fusion gun + holofield                                                          75

Total:1000

Obivously the great harlie and the 6 man troupe ride the venom while the shadowseer joins the other.

Problems I see or belive seeing:
Too many hqs?
Too many djs?
Too slow?
Not enough units?

What do you think?
In the winter, I'm a Buddhist; in the summer, I'm a nudist!
-Joe Gould

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
Re: 1000 point CJ 39 harlie list
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
Judging from the armies you will be facing, I think you have a decent shot at winning the tournament.  Your opponents are too top-heavy, and I see the Tyranids/Dark Eldar as your most difficult foes.

First of all, your Headquarters.  They look really good.  Not too much equipment, but not too little either.  However, I don't think a Great Harlequin is really necessary.  It's a pretty large point sink in such a small game.  Therefore, I'd recommend dropping him.  You could add a Troupe Leader with a Dread Mask to the small squad, and that might bring it up to a reasonable power level without the Great Harlequin.

3 DJs is fine given your opponents, but I might be tempted to have 2 BL and 1 EML.  The pinning can come in useful sometimes!

Your Troupes look good, but Plasma Pistols on the 10 man troupe is a waste.  Remove them--this squad should be FoF-ing, not shooting!

The Venom looks good.

If you incorportate my suggestions, you have about 100 points extra.  Here are some ideas:

-Infilitrating Mimes to distract the enemy.

-Bio-Ammo/Dread Mask on your Shadowseer to turn it into a real monster.

Good luck!

Offline Fenix7729

• From the Shadows to the Colors
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:50:02 PM »
IMO the list looks good.  i would drop the riveblade on the shadowseer though and equip him with harlequin kiss, powerblades, and shuri pistol.  riveblade never did me any good since the harlequin kiss pretty much does the same but allows an armor save, but makes up for that in the form it wounds on a 2+ no matter what.  powerblades, you need the extra attack and if you wanna go PW style on your SM friends you got it with the powerblades.  is the venom going to carry anyone or is it just there for fire support?
Commoragh... The place where everybody gets along... right?

Offline odessive chatterer

• the biggest oxymoron is "Microsoft Works."
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 07:46:25 PM »
I like this list but think that maybe make the shadowseer have a bit more scary equipment. I congratulate you on making a harlie list with no solitaire. Good luck in your tournament. Annd by the way infinitycircuit, he is not off by 100 points and he already said he was only using the cj #39, that means no mimes.

-chatterer
(\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 08:21:02 PM »
IMO the list looks good.  i would drop the riveblade on the shadowseer though and equip him with harlequin kiss, powerblades, and shuri pistol.  riveblade never did me any good since the harlequin kiss pretty much does the same but allows an armor save, but makes up for that in the form it wounds on a 2+ no matter what.  powerblades, you need the extra attack and if you wanna go PW style on your SM friends you got it with the powerblades.  is the venom going to carry anyone or is it just there for fire support?

I assume he is using the Riveblades as those are the given weapons on the GW Shadowseer.

Obivously the great harlie and the 6 man troupe ride the venom while the shadowseer joins the other.

Answers your question.

I like this list but think that maybe make the shadowseer have a bit more scary equipment. I congratulate you on making a harlie list with no solitaire. Good luck in your tournament. Annd by the way infinitycircuit, he is not off by 100 points and he already said he was only using the cj #39, that means no mimes.

-chatterer

If he pulls the Great Harlequin, and removes the Plasma Pistols, while adding on a Troupe Leader, he is off by about 100 points ;).

Sorry about the Mimes thing.  I automatically assumed he was using all the CJ lists.

Offline odessive chatterer

• the biggest oxymoron is "Microsoft Works."
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 09:45:52 PM »

-chatterer

If he pulls the Great Harlequin, and removes the Plasma Pistols, while adding on a Troupe Leader, he is off by about 100 points ;).

Sorry about the Mimes thing.  I automatically assumed he was using all the CJ lists.
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding, completely my fault.

-chatterer
(\_/)
(O.0)
(> <)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

Offline El Chapoucabra

• Join my pseudo-religious pseudo-movement!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 09:15:37 PM »
Tournie list version 2:

Hq:
Shadowseer: riveblade, shurpistol, d-field, plasma+haywire grenades, bio-ammo(I use riveblades because I know that if I have a footslogging squad, there will always be a jetpack dark angel grand master/Winged tyrant/flying demon prince to charge me (get overkilled))

Elite:
2 brightlance djs
1 eml dj

Troops:
6 man troupe as in list 1

8 man troupe:pw, kiss, plasma+haywire grenade

Fast attack:
3 jetbikes,pw, kiss, shurcannon, 3 pistols

Heavy support:
Venom: fusion gun, holofield

Total:995(I'll probably give one pp to the 8 man troupe)

better firepower, one more unit, less powerful unit in venom, army not killable by one good strike

What do you think?
In the winter, I'm a Buddhist; in the summer, I'm a nudist!
-Joe Gould

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 10:49:19 PM »
Looks great!

A couple comments:

-I'm not fond of Jetbikes in small games.  However, if you do want to take them I'd recommend using a Fusion Gun, not a Shuricannon.
-Why only 8 men in the second Troupe?
-Why do you have so many Haywire Grenades?  In my experience 3 DJs are and a Venom are plenty.

Good luck!