News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Waaagh Zognutz... Da Blood Axes, Zognutz Irongob's Divishun "Da Deff Swodrun  (Read 23730 times)

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
Here's how I'm progressing;

The wing has been fitted with a leading edge and been panelled. The other wing and wing support are built but I wont fit them until I've built the trailing and leading edge root extension (LERX)

and the nose cone has been completely riveted
Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
The panelling and patching look great, how did you make the rivets?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
simple... tiny bits of 0.75mm styrene rod. fiddley but fun. :D

Anywho, I've built the LH centre fueslage and fixed the LH mainplane

Now just the tailplane and engine :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:44:05 PM by Zognutz »

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Awesome work.  Glad to have you aboard the WotW.  I will say I have been playing 40k for years now probably around 10 years or better.   Orks are by far my favorite army to konvert and play.   

Looking forward to seeing your blog as it progresses. 

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Have to agree that they are now my favourite army of all those that I've been through [and I've been through a pretty number]

I'm mekin like never before [the wife's starting to get annoyed with me leaving bits of plasticard everywhere XD]

Got the engine block built with a thrust nozzle and some cooling veins.

Thats the aircraft structurally finished. Just detail and riveting to go. Woop woop

Gonna finish the second of my looted wagons properly next, then onto grot tanks :D

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
Wow... your modelling is simply amazing..! You have any tips on how your putting all this together..? I'm sure a lot of us would like to steal your knowledge..!

Can't wait to see more...

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
I'll take the time to do a tutorial next time maybe, but I have till the end of next week to finish this damn thing.

right, today I'v set about turning the orkiness up to 11 on this thing... so Tusks and spikey bits of unnecessary armour :D

and that's the turret for my first, Grot-zooka Tank.

Fo apocolypse I want a full squad of grot tanks to role in formation with each of my looted wagons, which;

1) looks cool as &,
2) gives olling cover for my boomguns whilst the grot tanks have a natural 5++ WOOHOO! 

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
And by the power of copy and paste from the Scrapyard-build-off, I bring you tonight's offering to Mork.... or was it Gork?

I've had a riveting evening... [yes I'm ashamed of that pun]

and those damned grots have been building something in the back of the workshop... i really should put some salt down or something!

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
More panelling ready to be riveted :D

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
FINISHED... at long last. My eyeballs feel like they're bleeding after all that riveting. Nothing like staring at things really close to your face for hours on end to destroy your eye sight XD

Looking forward to painting it now :D. Anyway... I've got it undercoated but my camera battery ran out so you'll have to do with these pictures of my complete Ork Fighta

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
That looks properly awesome  :o now you've just got to paint it.

Have you done a rivet count, looks to be in the hundreds?

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
wait no longer (given it's been ages since i've even looked at this) and if you want to know how many there are you can sodding well count them yourself, hehe.

I've chucked the undercoats on (and by the looks of it I used a catapult), that's;

Tin Bitz on all metallic finish parts
Adeptus grey (or what ever that new one's called) on the belly/underside
Shadow grey over the majority (this is the section that will be finished in camo pattern)
Red Gore on the nose cone and fin because my old jet - No18 - was painted up with a red tail plane and can be seen here :)

I miss them :( anyway, less reminiscing, more painting!

I've painted the left under wing codex grey and applied a liberal black wash. The plan is to build it back up to codex grey with black marks streaking from the rivets so the whole thing looks oil smeared then touch the extremities with fortress grey. The camo will be identical to my orls pants just bigger print... got tones of stuff to sort at work so this is gonna be quite slow progress.... but stay tuned and look at this here what I did then there

still dont know what I'm doing to the spikey bits on the trailing edges... I'll make it up as i go ;)

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
the oil leaks are going as planned. It helps knowing what an oil leak on a jet looks like.... albeit it's usually bright orange!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:52:41 AM by Zognutz »

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Quick update, got the left underside done. Still gonna do some weathering and paint chips but that can wait until all the skin is painted.

Anyone got good tips or know good examples of painted canopies?... I fancy doing something new rather than blue gem.

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
Well with all my attention on my fighta and work I've not been keeping checks on those damned grots who have been arsing around in the back of the mek shop.

I need to put some salt down or something.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Anyone got good tips or know good examples of painted canopies?... I fancy doing something new rather than blue gem.

A tinted window look is great and is different from the standard blue gem you mentioned. High gloss black covered with a gloss varnish makes an almost mirrored effect that looks good even up close.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
hey bud, yeah.. i found the canopy tricky to paint as well.  I ended up doing three shades of blue and then swiping the surface with a dry-brush of boltgun, before washing it.  I did the blues like you would do a SM shoulder (leave a line of the darker color).  Without the silver the surface looked too flat/non-glassy.  Washing them just blurred the edges of color and offset the edges from the canopy.
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
I wish my grots were half as productive as yours.   Love the grot tank.   Great work on the fighta bomba btw.  The paint is turning out really well.

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
tell you what skeet, I quite like that do you reckon a flat black finish with gloss varnish will do the job?

Oh whilst you're here I'm only getting 2 trukks so its a case of prefering my sluggas in the cabs rather than my shootas... she who must not be named may devour my soul if I spent much more than £35 this month XD. Besides, if I took 4 trukks I'd end up with a mech list leaving my lootas looking very vulnerable to every ounce of AI-fire the enemy has XD Thanks for the input though, it's all taken on board :)

Thanks for your comments guys. Well I've painted a bit more of my jet but I'l save pics of that until I've done the whole underside.

Here's some kommandos I've knocked together this morning from my bitz box including my Snikrot counts as, Skowt Kap'n Gutrippa.

Gutrippa's beret looks a bit toss on this photo... might redo it. I had it perfect then accidentally squished it whilst GSing his sleaves :(

**Edit** I redid his beret, all better now :)

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:33:26 PM by Zognutz »

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
well I've managed to resist converting more kommandos today and actually get on with painting my fighta [rather than do some actual work... powerpoint does my tits in ;)].

That's all the grey panels finished. Think I may do the nose and fin next. It looks fun, I like red blends and I can start getting some iconography on it.