News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109279 times)

Offline TrooperJ

Re: Death Korps of Krieg & IG IAV5
« Reply #560 on: August 6, 2007, 03:46:40 PM »
Was Malcador, or the tank named after him, ever mentioned anywhere in 40k fluff prior to the HH novels?
J.

"One more such victory and we are undone."
-King Pyrrhus of Epirus, 279 BCE

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #561 on: August 6, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »
Was Malcador, or the tank named after him, ever mentioned anywhere in 40k fluff prior to the HH novels?

Yes he has been mentioned before prior to the HH Novels. In previous editions of 40K he was mentioned, but I don't remember where. It might be in the old Rogue Trader rules.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #562 on: August 10, 2007, 03:23:57 PM »
ok 2 quick questions about some DKoK / IA5 stuff.

1. the DKoK Mars Alpha Pattern LR Demolisher complete kit, is this a LRBT kit + FW parts or a LRD + FW parts? id like to not have to bitz order for the plas cannons.

2. The Imperial Macharius Heavy Tank, is it a super heavy?

3. Is there a points limit on the Macharius? The Baneblade cant be used in anything under 2k points, what is the limit on the Macharius if it has a limit?.

legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Sputnik

• Colonel, Best Painted Open Comp.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #563 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »
ok 2 quick questions about some DKoK / IA5 stuff.

1. the DKoK Mars Alpha Pattern LR Demolisher complete kit, is this a LRBT kit + FW parts or a LRD + FW parts? id like to not have to bitz order for the plas cannons.

2. The Imperial Macharius Heavy Tank, is it a super heavy?

3. Is there a points limit on the Macharius? The Baneblade cant be used in anything under 2k points, what is the limit on the Macharius if it has a limit?.

1. I ordered this kit and sadly it does NOT come with the metal bits. Much sadness.  :(
2. Yes.
3. 2000 Pts. and over.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline TrooperJ

« Reply #564 on: August 10, 2007, 11:51:34 PM »
I notice there are no missile launchers in the DKOK line.  Presumably to keep with that WWI feel.  For those who have seen IA5, are missile launchers actually not an option in the army list?

Forgive me if this was already covered upthread and I missed it. 
J.

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »
I notice there are no missile launchers in the DKOK line.  Presumably to keep with that WWI feel.  For those who have seen IA5, are missile launchers actually not an option in the army list?

Forgive me if this was already covered upthread and I missed it. 

That's right. No Missile Launchers.
All the Emperor requires of us guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing.

Offline Firebread

• Chaos Mentor, feel free to PM me.
« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
IA has no heavy weapons, only special weapons on the infantry, mucho condolences.
"It won't be the battles that kill me, but these damn victory parties."

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2007, 05:49:14 AM »
Heavy weapons only appear in:
command sections (dakka-esque weapons like heavy bolters, dual stubbers, autocannon)
fire support squads (as above)
anti-tank squads (lascannons only)
Mortar squads (take a guess)

Is there a points limit on the Macharius? The Baneblade cant be used in anything under 2k points, what is the limit on the Macharius if it has a limit?.
There isn't a points limit on either. The rule is that super-heavy tanks can only be used in a seperate detachment of 1-3 vehicles.
In the case of the Death Korps, thats 1-3 Baneblades, 1-3 Macharius or 1-3 Gorgons.

This effectively counts as a force organisation chart by themselves, which means that you can only use them where your opponent will let you use a second force organisation chart (which is merely 'suggested' as being over 2000 points) or where they will let you use a detachment of super-heavies as your starting force org chart.

Basically, they're completely 'as agreed with opponent'.

Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Dobermann

« Reply #568 on: August 14, 2007, 02:10:59 PM »
do the Gorgon move only 6" per turn?

then I saw little advantages to take it if not playing a full-threnches scenario.

can make a full-grenadier army?
1st Vanheim Cityfight Veterans Division
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527d32Taajk

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2007, 02:12:23 PM »
do the Gorgon move only 6" per turn?

Yes.

can make a full-grenadier army?

No, Grenadiers are an elite choice.

Offline TrooperJ

« Reply #570 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:21 PM »
No reason one can't use the models with the standard IG codex, though.  Just take the carapace armour or grenadiers doctrine.
J.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #571 on: August 15, 2007, 02:10:22 AM »
No reason one can't use the models with the standard IG codex, though.  Just take the carapace armour or grenadiers doctrine.

The models are quiet useful as Stormtroopers or Grenadiers just like the Cadian ones. They are armed with Hellguns just like regular Stormtroopers. My own initial idea was to use some of them for my Steel Legion to represent Stormies from their doctrines. Its the same as using Elysian models to represent Droptroops in a codex army.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Dobermann

« Reply #572 on: August 17, 2007, 06:12:48 PM »
what I wrote was misleading.
I meant to use FW alternative lists with different (less expensive) models.
1st Vanheim Cityfight Veterans Division
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=527d32Taajk

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2007, 01:33:44 AM »
what I wrote was misleading.
I meant to use FW alternative lists with different (less expensive) models.

Sure go ahead, no one said you could. The main problem most often encountered when using such list is that FW will use resources from their other IA Books, so your going to spend big money anyways to get such an army going. SL can work very well with DKoK anyways, and I don't see a problem there, but if you want to use other items like Stubber teams and other FW exclusive items, you can convert one or buy the FW models. Both options will most likely cost you the same in $$. Personally I think DKoK have more of an attachment with FW models then even Elysians, since DK use all kinds of specialized weapons at least in the FW army list.

Offline Cripple X

« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2007, 02:40:18 PM »
I remember reading somewhere before IA5 came out that IA5 and IA6 would be stand alone with IA5 dealing with the Imperial Forces and IA6 dealing with Chaos.

Is this still the case?  Would you need both IA5 and IA6 to run a DKoK list or will you only need IA5?

Offline Sputnik

• Lazerous Penguin
  • No rules, just ride.
    • My Gallery
« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »
I remember reading somewhere before IA5 came out that IA5 and IA6 would be stand alone with IA5 dealing with the Imperial Forces and IA6 dealing with Chaos.

Is this still the case?  Would you need both IA5 and IA6 to run a DKoK list or will you only need IA5?

The armylists in IA5 are stand alone and do not require another book to use. IA6 is the continuation of the conflict detailed in IA5 and rumoured to focus more on the Chaos powers.

Offline Cripple X

« Reply #576 on: August 22, 2007, 10:39:57 AM »
How do FW paint their DKoK line of figures?  Do they use GW paints?  I was looking at the pictures and for some reason they don't look the same to me.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe its just the photography.

I'm very tempted to pick up a single squad of DKoK to see if I like assembling/ painting the Resin models, but I'm such a novice, I'd be afraid of ruining them.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #577 on: August 22, 2007, 11:22:48 AM »
I'm very tempted to pick up a single squad of DKoK to see if I like assembling/ painting the Resin models, but I'm such a novice, I'd be afraid of ruining them.

As long as you properly clean, wash, and prime the resin model you shouldn't have any problems, and painting will be like working with metal or plastic models. You might want to look in the paint forum for more tips on working with Resin models.

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #578 on: August 22, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
How do FW paint their DKoK line of figures?  Do they use GW paints?  I was looking at the pictures and for some reason they don't look the same to me.  I'm not sure what it is, maybe its just the photography.

having bought a pile of them, the assembly isnt bad the body is 1 piece with the arms/gun off with some extra bits. heavy weapons however seem to be a bit more confusing to put together ( FW really needs instructions not pictures of final models )
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Cripple X

« Reply #579 on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »

having bought a pile of them, the assembly isnt bad the body is 1 piece with the arms/gun off with some extra bits. heavy weapons however seem to be a bit more confusing to put together ( FW really needs instructions not pictures of final models )

They don't include instructions?  Infantry I could see not really needing instructions, but what about vehicles or more complicated models like the heavy weapons you mentioned?  Are all the kits devoid of instructions? They don't come with bases either correct?