News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109966 times)

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & IG IAV5
« Reply #520 on: June 1, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
I didn't expect it to change much as well, but was miffed that the twin-heavy stubbers rule (bar it obviously being a twin) were not included.

I also feel that the more crew a heavy weapon has the higher its RoF should be (like in FoW.)
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #521 on: June 2, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »
I didn't expect it to change much as well, but was miffed that the twin-heavy stubbers rule (bar it obviously being a twin) were not included.

Why do we need another statline for a weapons that's only Twin Linked? What Twin Heavy Subber rule are you referring too?

I also feel that the more crew a heavy weapon has the higher its RoF should be (like in FoW.)

Why would that make any difference? Space Marine Heavy Bolters and IG Heavy Bolters have the same RoF weather maned by 1 Marine or 2 Guardsmen. Again this makes no sense, and while FW is in the business of making wild armylist, they don't mess with the basic mechanics of the game rules.

On a side note....did anyone notice that the Conscripts(AKA Workers Rabble) DO NOT have the standard Cons restriction rule of requiring a regular Platoon before you can purchase the ConsSquad....Hmmmmm mm Interesting! ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #522 on: June 2, 2007, 12:44:40 PM »
Heavy bolters all fire around the same rate of fire.

Already we have 'slick loader' in the Battlegroup list - so its not unlikely that the more/higher trained/experienced  crew artillery have would easily increase their rate of fire.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #523 on: June 2, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
On a side note....did anyone notice that the Conscripts(AKA Workers Rabble) DO NOT have the standard Cons restriction rule of requiring a regular Platoon before you can purchase the ConsSquad....Hmmmmm mm Interesting! ;)
The same goes for Armoured Fists as well, allowing a sort of Mechanized Renegades list.

Heavy bolters all fire around the same rate of fire.
So why shouldn't Heavy Stubbers all fire around the same rate?
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Dr_Ruminahui

• General | Missing: a title, and smilies
  • Ancient
  • Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
    • Some of my painted minis
« Reply #524 on: June 2, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »
Indeed.  And the only real life machine gun weapon that depends on its crew for its crew for its rate of fire is the 19th century gatling gun, which depended on the crew turning a crank.  Sure, better crew might allow a weapon to reload faster or to swap out barrels faster, but those events are both neglible in 40K game turns in that they provide a mere seconds break in firing over the term of a game which depicts several hours of fierce battle.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
The rules forum rules - no spamming, no flaming, no playing devil's advocate
------
2007: Tied for Most Valuable Non-Staff Member (with Full Metal Geneticist)
2008: Nicest Member, Strategic Excellence, Best Imperial Guard Poster, Rules Expert
2009: Best Local
2010: Nicest Member, Rules Expert

40KO IG Best painted - Storm troopers & Chimera

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #525 on: June 8, 2007, 05:14:19 PM »
Well the Malcador is out, and I have to say its SSSSWWWEEEETTTTT!!! That tank screams Praetorian Super Heavy Support! I might have to get one for my Praetorians. Of course my CRM will get some too! ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #526 on: June 8, 2007, 05:54:42 PM »
Completely agreed, I'm gonna stick one on my next Forgeworld Order ;D

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #527 on: June 8, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »
Might be a future scratchbuild project...

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Armored Kangaroo

• Lord Commander of Rythe
« Reply #528 on: June 8, 2007, 07:56:41 PM »
Wow, that would look great with my Death Korps, advancing with them as they pour out of the trenches, I'll have to make one from a Leman Russ if I get the opportunity, or even buy the forgeworld one if I happen to get the cash.
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #529 on: June 9, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
The malcador is looking amazing. Must admit though when I first saw it for real at conflict it seemed rather small, looking back on it though its the perfect size for a single structure point superheavy. It would also look perfect alongside some standard pattern Russes.

Looks fantastic both for imperial and renegade armies alike, not to mention the amazing paint job on the site with the red chaos iconography.

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »
I believe it has two structure points. Its a beautiful tank. Actually thats a lie...It's a really ugly tank, but in the same way that a bull dog is ugly, but realy cool and mean looking.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
I'm so very tempted to get one...

Might be interesting to do a low-tech Imperial Guard regiment to go with it as well, with background explaining that an ancient armoury was discovered relatively recently on the world.  Or some such rubbish.

Just roll out the tanks, please.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »
Doesn't seem big enough for 2 structure points to me, I thought it would be one because its actually the same width as a standard Russ, obviously its longer so a heavier tank but its not close to the macharius. The chap at the forgeworld stand also mentioned it being one structure point, just so it could move and fire everything. One seems perfect to me!

Have there been any announcements about this?

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #533 on: June 10, 2007, 02:47:25 PM »
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Markay

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #534 on: June 10, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
splendid. Looks like fun.

never listen to forgeworld stand guys  :D

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
just out of curiousity, how would 1 structure point work? I alsways thought that due to the damage tables and all it basically made the rule redundant. The only real advantage would be to target multiple units.
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #536 on: June 10, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
Exactly. I daresay that that was the point. :) And it also has some effects on the vehicle's maximum speed, number of weapons it can fire (in addition to the Ordnance), how it tank shocks and so on and so forth. Basically, it turns the Malcador from useless into useful. Who would pay for heavy bolters and lascannons with such poor lines of sight on a normal vehicle that can't split its fire?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #537 on: June 10, 2007, 08:43:33 PM »
Track Guards would be somewhat useful as well, considering Super Heavy Damage Tables are slightly different.  Thus you can avoid engine damage and only lose the use of one weapon for a turn.

I imagine a pair of Malcadors could really tear it up, especially with plenty of infantry support.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Dr_Ruminahui

• General | Missing: a title, and smilies
  • Ancient
  • Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
    • Some of my painted minis
« Reply #538 on: June 10, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
Doesn't seem big enough for 2 structure points to me, I thought it would be one because its actually the same width as a standard Russ, obviously its longer so a heavier tank but its not close to the macharius. The chap at the forgeworld stand also mentioned it being one structure point, just so it could move and fire everything. One seems perfect to me!

I have to agree - it doesn't seem to be big enough for structure points - but the rules are the rules.  IMHO, only things larger than a lanraider should have structure points (as the landraider is the largest non-FW vehicle, and the largest without structure points), and this thing is certainly smaller than a landraider.

As for only one structure point, isn't that what pretty much what all normal 40K vehicles have?

Personally, I think they would been better off just making it without structure points, but allowing it to split fire in exchange for lumbering.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui
The rules forum rules - no spamming, no flaming, no playing devil's advocate
------
2007: Tied for Most Valuable Non-Staff Member (with Full Metal Geneticist)
2008: Nicest Member, Strategic Excellence, Best Imperial Guard Poster, Rules Expert
2009: Best Local
2010: Nicest Member, Rules Expert

40KO IG Best painted - Storm troopers & Chimera

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2007, 10:32:34 PM »
I have to agree - it doesn't seem to be big enough for structure points - but the rules are the rules.  IMHO, only things larger than a lanraider should have structure points (as the landraider is the largest non-FW vehicle, and the largest without structure points), and this thing is certainly smaller than a landraider.

As for only one structure point, isn't that what pretty much what all normal 40K vehicles have?

Personally, I think they would been better off just making it without structure points, but allowing it to split fire in exchange for lumbering.

I think your idea has merit. Since the tank is so old, it could have a more advanced Machine Spirit that would allow for multi-targeting, since technology of the past was far more advanced then it is in the current 40K time frame. As a special rule perhaps. But as things go, we are not graced with such foresight at FW. So we are here dealing with 2 structure points. I guess one reason the landraider could be excused for being larger, is that due to its cargo capacity, a lot of the tank is open, and not thicken enough to take additional structure points. Before anyone mentions the Gorgon, it is larger then a Landraider, I know I have seen them. Either way folks it here so lets rejoice!