News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 110329 times)

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & IG IAV5
« Reply #460 on: April 17, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »
I already got 2 sets of tank commanders and I like the models a lot. Can we say Chaos Armor Company! Hmmmmm Exterminators, Malcadors, and LRMBTs! ;)

Bah!

Such a thing brings a foul taste to my mouth! The forces of chaos, using AC's? Ohh, it will be a sad sad day when this hpapens.

It's bad enough that they're getting Baneblades.

This makes me very, very sad.
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #461 on: April 17, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »
Heh Heh Heh! Not liking the competion getting a chance to field a similar army like yours Goyder? Chances are right now I will just fill out the 6 tank commanders to a small A/C of a CO, 2 Aces, and 3 Troops. Mostly made out of the tanks I use for my regular CRM, which might be 1 Malcador and 3 Exterminators to begin with, and maybe 2 LRMBTs for kicks.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #462 on: April 17, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »
I have yet to truly decide if I want my Armoured Company to be traitor or Krieg.  Either way, it will rock Goyder's socks.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2007, 11:48:07 AM »
I have yet to truly decide if I want my Armoured Company to be traitor or Krieg.  Either way, it will rock Goyder's socks.

To be really honest, a lot of tanks will rock my socks. No matter what side they're on.
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & Gorgon & Thudd Gun
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2007, 04:40:58 PM »
The question you have to ask yourself with that is how long till they release a conversion pack for Traitor Baneblades (etc)?

unlike GW that makes you make your own conversions, i bet it will be soon. maybe by the end of the summer. kiddies, time to start saving your pennies!
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Craftworld Altansar

« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
what i meant by my imperial navy comment was that i was wondering if u guys think FW will put out DKOK pilots/part sprues for the planes similar to what they did for the tanks

obviously it wont be trench rails, but maybe other stuff
my armies:

eldar - 2000 pt mech
Uruk Hai - 750 pt
WFB wood elves - 1500 pt
Space marines - soon to be 1000 pt drop pod

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
The answer would remain no then, Imperial Navy and Imperial Guard are completely seperate entities.

Offline Sergeant Olezka

• Commissar
  • Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
« Reply #467 on: April 17, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
Maybe they might take a que from Redshirt on the WIP forums and make a biplane!

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=7380
"Fighting Chaos is a terrible task, but someone has to do it!" -unidentified Sergeant, Cadian 12th.

The thesaurus syndrome: Don't overutilize ostentatiously pretentious language to delineate the thematic observations you are endeavoring to articulate. Big words aren't impressive; a clear, direct style is.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2007, 04:27:05 AM »
Nah, it's (the aircrafts) a nice concept, and fits well with some background material from Double Eage which features some prop driven aircraft but I dont see that happening in a month of sundays either.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2007, 07:49:55 AM »
I believe if there was anything new to the Imperial Navy coming out soon, chances are we would have heard about it by now. Aircraft like Thunderbolts and Lightnings are the base of such forces, in the same way that LRMBTs are the base for any armor force. As Gravis has pointed out, the Imperial Navy...IS NOT...the IG. They are two separate branches of the imperium since the end of the Horus Heresy. I don't expect FW would just customize the IN just to fit the DKoKs looks. As for units like the Phantine Air Force, that is the Extreme exception to the rule. About the only IN piece you will be seeing that is new, would be the new exclusive Thunderbolt Pilot, and I believe he is 40K scale. So get to a GD or have a buddy pick one up for you....

One thing I wish FW would do, is to make a package of the CRM Arms and Bodies together. I hate having to go to the store to pick some up, and then only getting arms or bodies because one isn't there.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #470 on: April 19, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
Seeing some BFG fighters would be interesting.  Such as Furies or Starhawks.

Then again, they'll be pretty massive in 40k scale...at least Thunderhawk scale.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #471 on: April 19, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
Seeing some BFG fighters would be interesting.  Such as Furies or Starhawks.

Then again, they'll be pretty massive in 40k scale...at least Thunderhawk scale.

~Andromidius

Aren't those "Space" fighters? Not atmospheric like Thunderbolts and Lightnings.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2007, 06:40:55 AM »
Yeah, they are.  But I imagine they could fly in atmosphere just as well.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2007, 07:06:40 AM »
Yeah, they are.  But I imagine they could fly in atmosphere just as well.

~Andromidius

I'm not Aero Engineer, but from the pics I have seen, I think neither fighter is aerodynamic enough to fly in an atmosphere. This is why the impeirum has Thunderbolts and Lightnings. Both fighters look like flying Bricks with rocket engines on them, they would be useless in an atmosphere. Also you need to get them into an atmosphere, that requires reentry equipment, which I doubt they have. The best example right now would be our current Space Shuttle. While it can maneuver and fly about in space...can the Space Shuttle fly out in the air? No, it becomes a glider basically. I say leave the space fighters in space where they do their job the best and let the jet fighters do their job in the atmosphere....So ends this subject for me.... ;)

CARRY ON!
CM

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2007, 07:41:42 AM »
But then again the Thunderhawk is a flying brick as well, so we're not really looking at the most realistic designs here are we? :)

I really can't see it being able to even take off, let alone leave orbit...

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #475 on: April 20, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »
Or more appropraitely the space fighters are flying rockets. Thrust is the main giver of maneaverability in a fricionless environment.

And as to the statement of the shuttle being a glider in air, i'd venture that it's little more in space either. It's rather primitive when it comes to it. Now if only we made inertial dampers <sigh>

Anyways. I'd love to see the models eitehr way. Hell, I'd love to get my hands on some of the aircraft mentioned in Dan Abotts' Ghosts series.
A beheamouth - yes please.

Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #476 on: April 21, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »
I have to say that the Macharius just doesn't appeal to me.

Double battlecannon? Sure, I like that, but what grinds my gears is the twin linked heavy stubber. It's like if Hulk Hogan had a baby arm. It makes it unique looking, but it's just dumb IMO.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #477 on: April 21, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
That's one of the reasons I'm hoping that the tank is both cheap and has two battlecannons, not a twin linked one.

Because when you take away the Battlecannons, the thing is just a huge paperweight.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #478 on: April 21, 2007, 02:46:54 PM »
The busiest stand at Salute was the FW stand, at times swarmed by hordes of fans desperate to purchase the Macharius on limited release, pilots, DKoK riders and the other shiny new models.

But IA5 in full on the table was the big news...

I had a long chinwag with the staff there (at 2.30 when they started relaxing and catching their first meal of the day) asking about the Malcador's release date.

Malcador and Traitor GuardMid/late May it will be out and other the next two months three more variants will follow, they see it as a breakthrough tank (duh) and they are debating whether to make it structure points or not. I enquired about a tank destroyer variant and they simply said 'wait and see'.

Most excitingly the Malcador will be released with different crew options, loyalist AND renegade (something we can expect to see almost as standard from now on).

IA5
Very detailed, just had the prototype back from the printers and comes with a seperate MAP of the conflict and full unit designations etc on the rear of this - they are very excited. Photos were outstanding, and the background - life in the trenches etc was stunning. I preordered my signed copy there and then - it really sold itself.

DKOK
The Macharius was fantastic to see in print - its a super heavy slot and has 2 structure points and costs over 300 points. Quite a nice piece of kit and very popular at Salute.

Death Riders are a command choice for DKoK armies and (an expensive choice in points but even so highly attractive.)...

Centaur is capable of ferrying troops around, Grenadiers are Elites with Thudd Guns, Heavy Mortars etc, and the ONLY Troops option open to the DKoK are Infantry Platoons, no armoured fists (think tehy are fast attack from memory)

Tanks are fielded in units of 0-2 in heavy support. Bombards are also in the list.

[And Nubis it does have 2 battlecannons.]
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Sergeant Olezka

• Commissar
  • Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.
« Reply #479 on: April 21, 2007, 04:59:14 PM »
Almost makes me want to scrap my unfinished mordians and dive head first into Death Korps.
"Fighting Chaos is a terrible task, but someone has to do it!" -unidentified Sergeant, Cadian 12th.

The thesaurus syndrome: Don't overutilize ostentatiously pretentious language to delineate the thematic observations you are endeavoring to articulate. Big words aren't impressive; a clear, direct style is.