News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109833 times)

Offline myles

• Lazerous Penguin
  • This is my game face
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & Gorgon & Thudd Gun
« Reply #440 on: April 9, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »
It seems to make sense to give the Macharius two structure points instead of three, but the gorgon has three structure points, and they are on the same chassis, even though the Gorgon is a bit bigger. Just a thought.

Kind of sad that the rules won't be out until IA5. I agree with you though CDS, they're unlikely to release the rules when they're this close (although still not that close) to releasing the next Volume. The Gorgon was out long before this though, so it's not too surprising that its rules are already out. I guess I'll have to borrow someone else's copy again. :(
The first problem is the creation of meaningless e-personas. Such personas are undesirable because they lead users to prejudge a post and its content based on their impressions of the author. One is predisposed to criticize a perfectly legitimate comment or praise a stupid one simply because of preconceived notions about who wrote it. Anonymous posting avoids this situation by removing identity from the post, making any praise or criticism directed solely at the content.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2007, 12:09:27 PM »
Yeah, I just pre-ordered a Macharius.

Kickin' rad.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Cpl. Lee

• I <3 cups of red bush tea...
    • my myspace site
« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2007, 01:09:04 PM »
nicely done nubis!  ;D

think im gonna pre-order mine for conflict north at the end of may. then again some new sexy stuff might be out then.

due to me just moving in with my girlfriend, finances are a little difficult right now, so im having to look at get this, ONE or THE OTHER  :o . that is, along with the 3 thudd guns i plan on and a CRM artillery squad for a heavy wep platoon HQ...  ;D

not something i usually do - i'm sure markay'll agree. its a real pain in the ass for me though!!!

aaaanyway, getting back to the renegade militia, im tempted to start a little force with some of the leftover renegade models i got. perhaps the more 'chaos looking' torsos might be better - and ive already made some alpha legion marines, tricky eh?
WIP:

blood pact force from cadians/Pig Iron Bitz
N20 half track
AT70 'Reaver' tank

always wanting to speak to other blood pact/sabbat worlds players/converters

Official Founder of the 40kOnline CDS fan club - PM me for more details...

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #443 on: April 16, 2007, 04:53:35 AM »
A snipet from Games Day France with some information for those interested in the Traior Guard.

ForgeWorld.
No new modles but we were able to go through the of imperial Armour 5.
Lots of Fluff as usual, around 10 pages on the Dark Angels organisation, in full colour. Then the Renegade army list.... basically you take the Imperial Guard codex, use randomised leadership, add a few new units (those ogrins) and bobs your uncle a new non-imerial human army list. And yes for all those tau players you can use the list like the Kroot Merc list. (oh they have access to the baneblade).

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #444 on: April 16, 2007, 06:30:14 AM »
oh they have access to the baneblade

OOOOOO!!! I'm liking this list more! Heh Heh Heh! I expected this might happen, but its still awesome to see.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #445 on: April 16, 2007, 06:44:54 AM »
oh they have access to the baneblade

OOOOOO!!! I'm liking this list more! Heh Heh Heh! I expected this might happen, but its still awesome to see.

What!? Now, I wonder how it would feel like to be playing that list... ::)

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2007, 06:47:40 AM »
The question you have to ask yourself with that is how long till they release a conversion pack for Traitor Baneblades (etc)?

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:32 AM »
The question you have to ask yourself with that is how long till they release a conversion pack for Traitor Baneblades (etc)?

I expect we should see something after IAV5 is printed. Something that will have a bunch of chaosy upgrades and icons perhaps. Hmmmmmm Armorcast Chaos Baneblade! ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Macharius also gets a chaos facelift kit too. We've already seen the Malcador will get to be a chaos tanks too.

What!? Now, I wonder how it would feel like to be playing that list... ::)

Heh! Yeah Imperials taking Banebalde fire from a force other then their own.....Heh Heh Heh! Irony after all these years of people whining why imperials only have baneblades ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:15:22 AM by Chosen Man Colonel »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »
Just don't tell me that the Chaos Baneblades can get all those Chaos vehicle upgrades, that'll hurt a lot.
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »
I'd doubt it.  Guard Traitors hardly have the favour of the Gods that Chaos Space Marines do.

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
I'd doubt it.  Guard Traitors hardly have the favour of the Gods that Chaos Space Marines do.

Probably correct, theres something of a prescedant in the Eye of Terror codex, the Guard vehicles listed there took upgrades from the Guard codex, though that said this is likely to be more of an independent/self contained list I suppose so it's not impossible.

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
If they are included, they'd need new points values adjusted for Super Heavies, as almost all the options worth taking from the Chaos Codex on a Baneblade would be worth far more than their listed price in Codex: Chaos Space Marines.

Offline Craftworld Altansar

« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »
lets keep this on topic

this is a DKOK thread, lets keep it that way

does anyone think that FW will modify the imperial navy range for the death korps? (just an interesting idea)
my armies:

eldar - 2000 pt mech
Uruk Hai - 750 pt
WFB wood elves - 1500 pt
Space marines - soon to be 1000 pt drop pod

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #453 on: April 17, 2007, 01:07:51 AM »
I dont understand what you mean by an Imperial range. You mean like fighters with DKOK style planes / pilots?

I hardly doubt it because armor / infantry are usually separate from navy / air forces. Elysians being an exemption because they represent something completely different.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #454 on: April 17, 2007, 03:08:25 AM »
lets keep this on topic

Actually this is a Forgeworld thread, not exclusively DKOK.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #455 on: April 17, 2007, 04:21:22 AM »
Well the title is still DKoK but it's come to be discussing all related IG releases in the Siege of Vraks - they may be 'Traitor' Guard but the army is still based heavily on IG - I don't see that as being as issue as it's all related but if a Mod wants us to cease an descist I'm sure that would'nt be a problem.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #456 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »
lets keep this on topic

does anyone think that FW will modify the imperial navy range for the death korps? (just an interesting idea)

Heh! I find it most humorous that you come in here telling us to stay on subject, yet you inject a comment about the Imperial Navy....how is that any different from our discussion about Baneblades....

This post was created intially to discuss the aspects of the DKoK, but as IAV5 has developed it has come to include the Traitor Guard that will also be released with IAV5. So this post is really now about....IAV5 IG(DKoK AND CRM) Gear, Rules, and Armylist and anything else IG related to this release....That should settle any issues about what is being discussed here...

CARRY ON!
CM

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & IG IAV5
« Reply #457 on: April 17, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
Heh! I find it most humorous that you come in here telling us to stay on subject, yet you inject a comment about the Imperial Navy....how is that any different from our discussion about Baneblades....

And from someone who doesn't even play Imperial Guard or Chaos no less.  I love laughing at backseat mods.

It seems that at least the Malcador will have a Chaos version, and I wouldnt be surprised to see more than that.  After all, they did make them Renegade Tank Commanders.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #458 on: April 17, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »
I am very much tempted now to go for the rengade army, I would love the idea of having the chaos I love with big tanks.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »
I am very much tempted now to go for the rengade army, I would love the idea of having the chaos I love with big tanks.

Yeah I love the whole process this army is going thru, which is why I have already begun collecting and painting CRM models. I even got a game in last weekend with my initial army list that I made from the IG Codes. I'm tempted to swap out one of my initial Exterminators for a Malcador, but I will have to wait till IAV5 is published to see what the rules for the tank will be. If it will be a regular tank or a Super Heavy.

It seems that at least the Malcador will have a Chaos version, and I wouldnt be surprised to see more than that.  After all, they did make them Renegade Tank Commanders.

I already got 2 sets of tank commanders and I like the models a lot. Can we say Chaos Armor Company! Hmmmmm Exterminators, Malcadors, and LRMBTs! ;)