News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 108040 times)

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & Gorgon & Thudd Gun
« Reply #320 on: February 5, 2007, 01:15:10 AM »
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Trooper Caffran

• i pwn people who think they pwn n00bs....
« Reply #321 on: February 5, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »
thank you very much sir :)
"We were around barstow when the drugs started to take hold...."
-HST (rip)

Offline Lokaar

« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2007, 04:05:40 PM »
New stuff, and damn but it looks good!  This lot'll send me bankrupt! :o
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html
I especially like that they've done some special weapons for the grenadeers (no plasma yet though :( )
But I have to be honest, unless you can get more than one per HS slot, I doubt very much if I'll get either of the artillery pieces.

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2007, 04:41:29 PM »
i just got $500 and i know what i am buying! ;)
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »
Oh me on my, those guns are ......  :o I want lol

Offline Armored Kangaroo

• Lord Commander of Rythe
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »
Holy #$%@. Forge world is really going all out for this next Imperial Armor. With this mush stuff released GW could fall back on it and make this the new standard plastic infantry. Or at least keep some regularly stocked in stores. (both unlikly but that would be be unbeleivably awesome if they did.)
It is the right of the victors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquised.

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:04 PM »
A lot of artillery, this Death Korps. Anyone's been counting?

Medusa Siege Gun, Earthshaker, Thudd Gun, Heavy Mortar... Not to mention the Heavy Support that's come out. It's going to be a pain building a list for Heavy Support.

And now we know that the Grenadiers are going to get a heavy weapon.
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #327 on: February 21, 2007, 02:52:52 AM »
Just out of curiosity, DO they plan on making Krieg Superheavies. I saw bits and pieces for conversions, but I was hoping they'd make something especiialy spectacular before teh release.

Oh, and I thought you might appreciate this:

Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #328 on: February 21, 2007, 07:14:36 AM »
Just out of curiosity, DO they plan on making Krieg Superheavies. I saw bits and pieces for conversions, but I was hoping they'd make something especiialy spectacular before teh release.

Your looking at them....all they are getting is an upgrade kit. I wasn't impressed by the Super Heavy stuff. There is already more detail on them to out do any upgrade kit they can think up for them.....BORING!

Now that Earthshaker....SWEE T! It's got Praetorians written all over it! I want one..or 2...or 3....

Interesting that Grenadiers got heavy weapons...since we all know that Stormies and Grenadiers no longer get HWs in the IG Codex. Something I haven't seen since 2nd Ed IG....Heh...then again...when was the last time you saw a Thudd Gun too..right! ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline lasblaster

• All glory to the infantry
« Reply #329 on: February 21, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »
Or maybe the single heavy stubber is going to be a special weapon choice, while the TL one is heavy. That would be kinda nice, you could put put a ton of shots per turn.
In friendly games settle it in whatever way you traditionally use; D6 rolls, drinking contests, bareknuckle fisticuffs, or competetive haiku poetry.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »

That is a big gun. I just find myself asking how many heavy support choices a death korps army is going to get...
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Harrison

• Major | Acting S3 - 40th Corps
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Battle is an orgy of disorder.
« Reply #331 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
 :o :o :o

Wow...my jaw actually dropped when I saw it..
I need that gun, or a battery of them!!! that or a earthshaker battery...ugh, I need money

I really do plan on getting one to 2 of those guns though

~Harrison, Commissar, 40th Corps.
Major Harrison, of the 40th Corps,

So lets all admit the truth. Tony stark is the Emperor.

Offline Wuxiong

• Major, Best Painted Valkyrie
  • Armies: Imperial Guard
« Reply #332 on: February 22, 2007, 03:57:56 AM »
Overall, the Death Korps are very good. But I'd love it if I got my hands on those Imperial Tanks in ForgeWorld. The Armageddon Pattern Basilisk is one of my favourites.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #333 on: February 22, 2007, 05:02:12 AM »
I'm loving the new artillery they keep bringing out, and its even better that they copied WW2 Russian artillery so blatantly as there should be a 1/35 scale kit out there somewhere for one.

I'm still praying that some Cadian conversion parts will appear to crew those machines
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2007, 02:23:41 PM »
You need cadian crew? The plastics should do the job spot on (with parts from the Tank Accessory & Heavy Weapons Sprues) for next to nothing compaired to a FW price.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2007, 02:36:13 PM »
Ah good thinking, I was looking at the ones with crew and the Trojan and will have to work out sums to see if its worth while. Its great to return from Russia with lots of images of WW2 equipment and see how to use GW and 1/35 parts to recreate them.

However the 'German' feeling of the range is getting sapped a little by the sudden inclusion of 'Russian style' artillery.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Harrison

• Major | Acting S3 - 40th Corps
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Battle is an orgy of disorder.
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:27 PM »
*sigh* you are right, it does have the Soviet "God of War" feel to it. I want some just because it looks good, I've been looking for a 1/35 scale big artillery piece, and have yet to find one. But like the Thudd Gun, I'm making my own and making it look like the US M-8 rocket launcher(stronger than the Land Mattress and weaker than the Nebelwerfer.) But again I think that it(the heavy artillery) fits the WWI Heavy Artillery feel to me.

*shrug* it can go both ways

~Harrison, Commissar, 40th Corps.
Major Harrison, of the 40th Corps,

So lets all admit the truth. Tony stark is the Emperor.

Offline LeagueOfEvil

• Flamer: I swear I don't overreact
« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2007, 05:06:51 AM »
The death korps of krieg are basically WW1 German soldiers (trench warfare, hell they even have trenchcoats :O).

I would love to make a pure infantry army of these guys (with artillery but without armour). To really do the quality, style and 'idea' of the models justice. No conscripts, just loads of artillery and infantry. Don't know how sucessful it'd be and I better make a lot of money to afford it lol.

At the moment I'm planning on buying the "at ease" squad and using them for veterans, throw in a few plasma guns or something for a nice veteran squad :D. Maybe a BS4 lascannon, iunno yet ;). But they suit my idea of a nice veteran squad. My army is ww2 german and I figure I can paint them black SS style. Anyone spell instant death counter attack squad :D
80% of the wargamers has tried Space Marines. If you belong to the 20% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Killgore

• Guardian
  • Ulthwe
« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2007, 07:05:55 AM »
my DK Grenadier squad and command squad arrived yesterday, fantastic models!

got my C squad primed ready for painting when i get home from work tonight,

i got a week to paint these 15 models as i get payed next friday then I'll let myself buy next months DK models :)

probaly squad advancing 1 and 2

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
    • Blog
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2007, 05:23:48 AM »
Just a tidbit Krieg fans will be interested in, did'nt seem to justify its own thread so I thought this would probably be the best place to add it - the Death Riders are almost with us.

I spoke to a couple of people on the Forge World stand at Conflict Bristol yesterday, turns out the models are finished, they're just working on how best to cast them, the mounts are apparently largely in one piece with bits to be attached (presumeably like elements of the 'gas mask'), the lances are going to be brass rod much like the standard bearers pole with an attached explosive tip in again in resin.