News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: FW IG (BG, D-99, DKoK, EDT, R&H) & FW IG Gear  (Read 109972 times)

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: Death Korps of Krieg & Gorgon & Thudd Gun
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2007, 06:18:45 PM »
Or Death Korps Platoon Command HQs will be able to take standards in Imperial Armour v5.  Hurf.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
Also remember that while it isn't common....JOs can command HQ Platoons too. I do like that new Executioner tank turret. Not too impressed with the Exterminator.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2007, 03:20:41 AM »
I'll probably end up using them. A battery can put out 12 blast templates a turn for 180 pts, not to shabby, although I wish it was more than S5 AP5...

Seconded - those things are ****ing savage.... saw 3 full batteries get used on an ork footslogging army (along with a high commander with 2 staff officers); I believe 'splat' is the appropriate term. Let's just say that the turn 3 reload was irrelevant......
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:22:10 AM by Locarno »
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
I like the look of the Thudd Gun and the newer Kreig models. Now I have made up my  to spend my drill pay on some Thudd.  I think the equation will go like this: Nids +  Receiving end of Thudd Gun fire = Splat
Death before Dismount!

Offline jimmimellows

• Blood for the bloodgod and all that good stuff!
« Reply #304 on: February 3, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
variants of the demolisher and annihilator russ versions are now on the website too!
Is it just me or are the new Grey Knights TOTALLY overpowered in literally every respect. They may aswell have a rule that says "we kill everything on a 2+ and we save everything automatically!" Can't wait for a new chaos dex!

Dont get me started on the cruddy dreadknight!

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #305 on: February 3, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »
That demolisher looks very nice but the Annihilator is still constrained to one main weapon rule if moved. Either way if parked then two lascannons shots would be quite impressive.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #306 on: February 3, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
I saw that heavy Mortar in combat the other day...Just one. It is a nice peice of equipment, Riped through my Raterial Guard.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #307 on: February 4, 2007, 02:57:24 AM »

I love the look of the model. Forgeworld have made it cost a few points too many though, for the number of lascannons you can put on it.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2007, 02:59:00 AM by PaxImperator »

Offline lasblaster

• All glory to the infantry
« Reply #308 on: February 4, 2007, 04:25:02 AM »
I agree, especially when I can get three lascannons in a support squad for cheaper. Drop the cost, and allow demolisher sponsons on it so the heavy bolter shots aren't always wasted and it would be good. Damn fine looking model, though, just like the rest of the death korps tanks.
In friendly games settle it in whatever way you traditionally use; D6 rolls, drinking contests, bareknuckle fisticuffs, or competetive haiku poetry.

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
« Reply #309 on: February 4, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
It's pretty, but I dont think it has a valid role in game. Just doesnt have the punch needed. I agree it need to be allowed to have the demolisher sponsons to be effective. Then again, I've never bought forgeworld goodness for the rules. I mean I own a executioner!

I'd sooner get the new demolisher! ;)

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #310 on: February 4, 2007, 08:49:08 AM »

Very nice. Very nice indeed. I am definatly going to pick that tank becuase it looks very, very beslubbering awesome. As a tread headm I definatly need to get that tank.

Srsly.

It's my birthday tommorow. Anybody who gets me that tank wins a promotion to "beslubbering awesome guy".

Srsly.
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Harrison

• Major | Acting S3 - 40th Corps
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Battle is an orgy of disorder.
« Reply #311 on: February 4, 2007, 08:55:10 AM »
I must say the Annihalator is a beautiful looking tank, IG-wise, but like Parak said it lacks that punch required to be a good tank. That being said, I might convert my own just for fun. And as for the Thudd gun. I'm tempted to convert a more American version for my Armenthians.

~Harrison, Commissar, 40th Corps.
Major Harrison, of the 40th Corps,

So lets all admit the truth. Tony stark is the Emperor.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
« Reply #312 on: February 4, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »
I wish FW would sell conversion kits instead of making us spend the money on a mars pattern hull. I've heard good and bad stories about the hull, also I don't really want that hull. I'm happy with the standard Phaeton pattern, which means I'll be converting this tank unless I run into a Turret by itself somewhere out there. I'm also curious to see where this tank will fall in the A/C Scheme of things. Nothing is mentioned in the rules about what FOC spot it takes in the A/C army list. My first thought was also on why not Plasma Sponsons, this tank screams having those options. The HB are basically useless on this thing. Oh well, one less weapon I have to spend points on to add sponsons too. Still if you add this with the Executioner, they make for some Fluffy Adaptus Mech tanks in a Skitarrii(Sp.) theme army. Hmmmmmm....Thoughts! ::)

The new demolisher is a HUGE improvement on the GW Stumpy Version. I like it a lot, but once again FW has denied us with a conversion kit. ARGH!!! FW You disappoint once again, stop feeding us the Overstock(Obvious reason for this being the way it is now) Mars Hull pattern only!

Sorry to disappoint Goyder, but this tank is still on Pre-Order....gonna miss your Birthday buddy! Maybe Next Year!  ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Valhalla114

• Major
  • Salamanders are for people who have great hair.
« Reply #313 on: February 4, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »
You guys do realize that the annihilator is a waste of money right? If you own a Exterminator then youre set. Anyways I think the guns on that model look quite puny. Exterminator cannon is a 5 dollar bit on the gw website.

And yes, I am in love with the new Demolisher.

And yes, I am very disappointed that FW wont sell just the turrets. Im not terribly impressed with the hull mounting for weapons. They look kinda ghetto. Its a good thing to finally be able to mount heavy bolters on russes, but at what price to the consumer. A 48 pound tank is ridiculous. For that I can get about 4 leman russes on Ebay. At the rate that I could build an army with FW pieces i build about 3 with plain GW ones. I understand some models like super heavies and titan models are out of bounds for lowly 40k players but the basic elements of our armies are economically slipping through our finger tips.

And I love the Krieg Vanquisher cannon >>>>> (much more) than any other style.
Alfred the Cogboy. Only in death does duty End.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #314 on: February 4, 2007, 04:04:21 PM »
You don't NEED to buy FW to play the game.  So don't whine if it's expensive.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #315 on: February 4, 2007, 07:33:49 PM »
The Annihilator fills a nice little gap in our tank range.  I really like it, and if they made it an official tank I'd probably get one for my army.

Especially if it's an Armoured Company, and it can be one of my Tank Aces.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline TheWarden

• The 40K Killed me...can't you see its smug grin
« Reply #316 on: February 4, 2007, 07:57:15 PM »
sorry, i got bored of reading after the third page, so if this has already been asked, sorry.

can you guys give me a link to the rules that i would use for the Death Korps. I have been thinking of starting guard, and they are the perfect models!
Inquisitor and retinue-  $34
imperial guard to make IST's- $30

the beating i will get from my friends from spending so much on this hobby-  PRICELESS

Offline Trooper Caffran

• i pwn people who think they pwn n00bs....
« Reply #317 on: February 4, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »
Exterminator cannon is a 5 dollar bit on the gw website.

linky please...??

oh yeah and i love the new deathkorps too.... yatta yatta yatta.... :P
"We were around barstow when the drugs started to take hold...."
-HST (rip)

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
« Reply #318 on: February 4, 2007, 11:02:30 PM »
sorry, i got bored of reading after the third page, so if this has already been asked, sorry.

can you guys give me a link to the rules that i would use for the Death Korps. I have been thinking of starting guard, and they are the perfect models!

The only rules that exist for DKoK is the Doctrine list at the end of the current IG Codex. The new armylist won't be published until the next IA Book(IA5). Which is estimated to be realsed this coming Fall/Winter

Offline TheWarden

• The 40K Killed me...can't you see its smug grin
« Reply #319 on: February 5, 2007, 12:03:22 AM »
thank you!
Inquisitor and retinue-  $34
imperial guard to make IST's- $30

the beating i will get from my friends from spending so much on this hobby-  PRICELESS